It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manchester is first to get ID cards

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Right now im living right in the center of manchester. Just on the edge of salford. And i dont know of anyone whos intennding to get this card. Everyone pretty much seeing it as a waste of student loan

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

I wonder how long before corporate UK make demands that you have an ID card to get credit, open a bank account or get a job...

I really do think you're right, a simple way of just making people have to get them without law so it would go just unnoticed as an inconvience, could just be a corporate policy some banks would implement. Opening my bank account in N.Z required all the usual crap, birth certificate, proof of address etc. They can easily just replace it with these I.D cards which hold all our information and come up with "I.D cards are faster and take less processing" etc. Which seems logically in the eyes of most who would just go not notice their governments unusual policy change.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by Thill
Well if ID cards are a part of the grand NWO plan then Poland must be the hearth of it
. We have had ID cards since I remember , everybody at age 18 gets one (you are considered an adult from this point) , in there you have your first and last name , your height , eye color , hair color and place of registration (as in where you live at the moment when they give you the id) .

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Thill]

Wasn't Poland communist at some point

Yep , for a looong time , but we managed to get free by 1989 .
But we are still 50 years behind the rest of western europe due to that

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Thill]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So, if they are starting to issue these cards, even on a voluntary basis, then they must have already put the infrastructure in place to support and maintain the card databases. With it being a voluntary scheme, costing each applicant £30, I don't see a large uptake in people willing to part with their cash, especially in these hard times.

That all begs the question: Who in government approved the infrastructure to be ordered / supplied and what has it cost the taxpayer?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
So, if they are starting to issue these cards, even on a voluntary basis, then they must have already put the infrastructure in place to support and maintain the card databases. With it being a voluntary scheme, costing each applicant £30, I don't see a large uptake in people willing to part with their cash, especially in these hard times.

That all begs the question: Who in government approved the infrastructure to be ordered / supplied and what has it cost the taxpayer?

excellent question, what a disgusting and atrocious waste of money- as much as I despise large swathes of our politicians and support investigations into their pilfering and profiteering- the amount of money wasted on this project must dwarf their expenses- these clowns want more of our money on the excuse of "green" issues

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join