It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Martian City (With Full Central Heating)?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Everyone,

As loathe as I am to post one of those "I read this somewhere, anyone for debunking?" threads, here goes:

While surfing around various disreputable sites (less reputable than ATS, even), I came across a story regarding an infra-red image of Mars taken by the infamous Phobos 2 probe in 1989. This picture revealed a subterranean network of rectangles and lattice-work shapes, covering some six hundred square kilometres.

According to the story, which I will link below, the picture was released on Canadian television, and was accompanied by the quote...

"The city-like pattern is 60 kilometers wide and could be easily be mistaken for an aerial view of Los Angeles"
... which was provided by "Dr. John Becklake of England's Science Museum".

I searched the net and ATS thoroughly, but could find no further reference to this picture or the subject matter. If anyone has any further information regarding this issue, or thoughts on the controversial demise of Phobos 2, I'd be grateful.

The link to the full story: Cosmic Conpiracies.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There are some cool pictures on that site, but I cant really say what that is or if its been doctored or not. Looks interesting, and some of the other pictures on that site I have seen before and seen the theories of intelligent creation to them, but I am much more likely to believe in the trees on mars than these photos...just my 2 cents

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Blade,

I know what you mean. Usually, I surf these sites with my finger poised on the Debunk button, but there's something elusive - and somehow intruiging - about this particular story.

Surely someone knows something about it, even if it did break fifteen years ago! Ha - StrangeLands: Always First With The News!

All these threads regarding Martian surface anomalies - from pyramids to trees - point to a larger truth. Are we being lied about regarding the surface of Mars? And if so, by whom, and why?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Forgive me if I am proved to be wrong here but, If an underground rectangular structure 60 KM wide was seen in in '89 don't you think we would have heard something about it? I mean they have a rover or two on mars as we type.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This one is so whacko it doesn't even deserve the effort debunking would require!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
Are we being lied about regarding the surface of Mars? And if so, by whom, and why?

Well depends on who you ask....

Some say its world Govs

Some say its Aliens themsleves

Some say its both

Some even say its the Vatican!

But do you notice the trend?

Slowly, we are being broken into the realily of life in the universe.

I think probibly, its just because we are finally getting to a point where we can explore, so we are discovering these things on our own.
On the otherhand If suddenly NASA came out and said Hey! BTW! We found a big base on mars! It would shatter a lot of peoples views of who and what we are. Christianity would be in an uproar, and a lot of people would question it.

A lot to think about with life out there if you live in a small comfortable box and think we are the only ones around.

Could also be that we already know internally that there is life everywhere, but because mass conciousness on this planet is living in that box, it needs to be a gradual proccess of exceptence.
Would smash humans reality to fast and to quick, leaving a majority dumbfounded.

I dunno...a lot to ponder....scientists need proof that they can hold in thier hands and examine...why? cause thats just how they think.

*lost in thought*

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
This one is so whacko it doesn't even deserve the effort debunking would require!

In my time on ATS I've found that some people (who shall - and should - remain nameless) will go to *any* lengths in their debunking crusade!

In fact, it was the lack of a simple, catagoric rebuttal which caught my attention. I'm fully prepared to write it off as crankery, but I thought I'd put it out there and let ATS' finest pick over the (fifteen year old) bones.

I would say, Variable, that "we" don't have anything on Mars right now. If information is being concealed - and it's a big "if" - then it would be naive to expect the rovers to reveal the truth.

I guess there's only one thing for it. We should arrange a day trip, y'know, charter a coach, pack some sandwiches... who's with me?!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You bring the beer, no doubt you have access to much better stuff then I do In NC. I'll bring some fried chicken, potato salad and some biscuits with honey. We can check out the structure while sip on a pint or three.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Count me in too! I'll bring some cole slaw (lower carbs) and desert, let's say brownies. And hey, it's a long trip I'll bring something distilled and lots of ice!

(No ice for the scotch)

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well......here I was all ready to provide you all with the nessesary links......BUT they are gone from my FAVORITES button...........I guess I removed them last month in making more room for OTHER things like ATS.............
Ive seen MANY a photo of Mars, with many an odd grid looking area.............dam me for not having them anymore..........sorry.
Not to say that I was ever convinced that life is living there now......but others sure are! and they were attempting to convince me, and thats WHY I had such threads..............it sure DID look like SOMETHING unusuall going on there..........just like the Mars Trees pics sure LOOK like trees.........

WAIT WAIT! this info I am talking about is ON my OTHER computor!!!! OMG!.......dam...NOW I gotta go and fetch it from storage lol......and plug it into THIS set up.......dam its NOT gunna be easy! but I am on a mission now! this stuff is WORTH shareing....so it will be worth the effort it will take me.......wish me luck and speed!.....this is WAY more difficult than I thought....................oh dear......

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess] have patience please...I must move furniture and 'stuff'..........and the OTHER computor that I am after was calibrated to a diff ISP ect.......this is gunna be a HUGE challange! oh dear oh dear.......

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thanks, Goddess, I'll look forward to your links! Take your time, though, m'lady - it's been waiting since '89, a few more days won't hurt!

CS: Your bringing coleslaw because you're worried about carbs, and then packing *brownies*? I'll put some ice-cream in the cooler, and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables so our mothers don't complain.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yeah an underground city that is buried under dirt that is raised above the ground. makes total sense. Or maybe jsut a city covered in dust.

Bit how is that an infra-red image?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Unfortunately, DaRAGE, you've been misled by the unclear layout of the webpage. The image you posted above isn't the IR shot of the "city", but a seperate pic entirely. The IR image is remarkably elusive, and has so far escaped me - though I'm hoping RiverGoddess will come up with the goods!

The picture you've quoted is frame 4209-75, taken by Mariner 9, and was caused, according to unnamed "NASA scientists" by the collapse and melting of permafrost layers. As I'm not a trained geologist, I have absolutely no idea how likely or unlikely that explanation is - maybe a tame rock expert could help out?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ok Strangelands....here is an update on my progress

I've been to my storage unit and have been moving STUFF around......yikes......I now have zeroed in on the computor I am looking for, but left it there for time reasons.....will HAVE it in the AM no probs!
Tonight is Friday night May 21......by tomarow I will have this computor in my hot little hands........I then must work out HOW to get it rigged up to send stuff.........u2u me an Email addy in case I cant seam to link the info in here myself.....(I am a computor newbee of sorts) I can FO SHO Email you the promised links....that I KNOW how to do, I am still working on 'tossing a link' up on this site......thank you for your patience guys I sure hope it will be WORTH the effort.........maybe just a good laugh?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Dang what a project I set myself on here!

I like this older computor better than the newer one!
I was having a VERY hard time trying to link it up to this newer monitar and was thinking I would HAVE to go and fetch Mr DeltaChaos to help me, but I was fortunatly able to hook it up!

ok, the scientist person I mentioned above has a website, but it now seams to be down!
www.mars-u.sentientstorm.com/presentations/tubes/trick.htm
the above site had pics pf tubes they were claiming was a subway system of sorts
I couldnt get it to come up

I also had a link to enterprisemission.com/warming.....wich IS coming up about global warming on Mars
lol
I dont know what has happened to the mars-u.sentientstorm.com site...(???).........less than a year ago it was rather massive, with many pictures! pics of vast 'city' type places, and NOT the typical Cydonia stuff...they were making claims that water was underground near the city.....this sentientstorm site, was very cool and I have not a clue how to find it without my links working?

I am STILL on this mission though...now I am trying to contact friends from a year back, who also KNEW this scientist guy, and I am trying to track him down......wish me luck, but this could just be a bust.......I am sorry Strangelands, but I am doing my best
this site USED to have the things you seam to be searching for.....

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Looks like a few troll head popping out of the ground to me in the photo above *G*

Oh man

ROTFLMAO

Sorry, after looking at the god in the river picture earlier today on this site every picture I look at pops out these wierd faces hahahahaha

d1k

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   

In my time on ATS I've found that some people (who shall - and should - remain nameless) will go to *any* lengths in their debunking crusade!

I noticed that as well.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Thanks Goddess - no-one said the road to the truth was easy
but I appreciate all the research you've conducted on our behalf. I'm still trawling through the mire of the net as well, but have so far returned empty-handed. I even tried coming at it from a different angle and finding out about the Canadian TV show these pics were supposedly shown on, but I've had no joy there either.

Pending further evidence, then, I declare this topic [UNSOLVED].

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
"The city-like pattern is 60 kilometers wide and could be easily be mistaken for an aerial view of Los Angeles" ... which was provided by "Dr. John Becklake of England's Science Museum".

I searched the net and ATS thoroughly, but could find no further reference to this picture or the subject matter. If anyone has any further information regarding this issue, or thoughts on the controversial demise of Phobos 2, I'd be grateful.

Well, yeah, you'd be wise to take it with a whole truckfull of salt. Some of the images are faked, others are simply "reports" gathered from around the net... and there's no telling what the "city-like pattern" really is or how it was processed. We've seen a lot of examples of random pixels that got photoshopped into Drama.

Your 'debunk' button was right on the money for that site. Click away.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the contribution, Byrd. I still get a shiver when a mod walks amongst us!

Truthfully, I must agree - though I'm keeping an open mind. RiverGoddess is still on the case, and I doubt she'll be easily frustrated!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join