It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARKS to save humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey guys (and gals).

So I saw the new 2012 movie this weekend. I thought it was an interesting movie overall, and it got me thinking. In the movie, our governments all worked together and built several "arks" which would house humanity during the aftermath of 2012. These ARKS were not only housing humans, but plants, animals, and humanity's greatest treasures (art, artifacts, ect). So my point it, do you think that our governments would be capable of building something like this? Could they already be building these ARKs?

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Wilt456]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If they're already building these arks, then it has to be the best kept secret throught the world. Though it would explaine the enormus spending that's been going on with nothing to show for it.
Where would you construct something as big as these would have to be?
These things would have to be huge even if just a fraction of the US' 300 million plus population were to survive.
Could they be built? It'd be interesting to see, wouldn't it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Save your breath. If the government do build arks, which I am sue they have, then you can guarantee the likes of you and me will have no place on them.

They would only take their rich and corrupt buddies. Which is ironic, because in their plan it is only their ilk that will survive, so they are welcome to each others company. But who would wash their cars and serve them cocktails?? Well, maybe they will take a few of us along to do the manual labour??

PS. I think the arks would be like in the movie "Deep Impact" where the arks are actually underground bases, and we know there are a lot of them around (D.U.M.B's)!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Good points.
The below ground arks? Know way in H would you get me in one. What if theres say a shift an the shelter you went in that was on dry land is now a couple hundred feet below water? Hmmmmm?

But in all seriousness, that was my thinking if you're rich an in the right circles yeah, you'll be in.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
When I first seen the USS NewYork that was built from some of the recycled steel from the Twin Towers, I thought of Noahs Arch.
Though, I realize it wouldn,t hold a huge population or all the animals in the world, but it would hold a number of elites.
I wonder what chance any large vessel would have of surviing and catastophic event

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They already have a bunker in the arctic circle filled with seeds from almost ever type of plant. Ive saw a discovery channel documentary on it. They had the top botonist search through thousands of every kind of seed picking out the best of each and then freez them incase the enviorment gets destroyed we can replant the earth. its pretty neat.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Seeker, that's probably the greatest waste of money the EU has managed to put forth. Your gonna put seeds in the Arctic (Its not Antarctica) to help people rebuild after a catastrophic event. And how are we supposed to access this? Maybe the penguins can fly it to the refugees, ehh? And that's a assuming the ice that the vault is built on doesn't melt and sink the thing below the ocean. Regarding the movie 2012, I think this is horrible. I can see the response to this comparable to Jaws, where people would not return to the ocean, and many shark species were hunted to the brink of extinction.

1) I would rather have 9 million dollars of Enron stock then a seed vault
2) 2012 movie will unleash a wave of hysteria that will only further make people forget real problems.
3) A person eats 1500 pounds a year. If estimates are true and volcanoes and/or asteroids will keep dust in air for 30+ years, they will have to stockpile 45000 pounds of food to keep one person alive. Essentially, when they screw up the world, we take them with us.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Haxzor]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sure they 'could' be building the arks, but there is no point. Even if we did build them we do not have the technology to actually get everyone to another planet or survive the journey through space for the time needed to travel there. Solar radiation, Gamma radiation, Micrometeorites. we would just be getting off planet to trade the earths grave for a grave in space.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Sure they 'could' be building the arks, but there is no point. Even if we did build them we do not have the technology to actually get everyone to another planet or survive the journey through space for the time needed to travel there. Solar radiation, Gamma radiation, Micrometeorites. we would just be getting off planet to trade the earths grave for a grave in space.

At least we would "perpetually" exist in space

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxzor

The seed vault mentioned in this thread is built on a remote arctic island, and built into solid bedrock - not floating on an iceberg as suggested. It would seem there are various other repositories of seeds (or other genetic material) around the world, and this one is supposed to be the insurance policy if all others fail.

Svalbard Global Seed Vault

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yes there is a seed vault and an actual ark rumored to be below DIA. Thats Denver International Airport.

But don't take my word for it. There is not any proof that I have ever seen.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
There are some calamities you can not survive on earth, gamma ray burst and huge solar flares that would melt the mantle and cause all underground water to change to steam and explode. Only chance would be to leave the planet taking as many of its resources as possible and fleeing in the right direction. The only place where those Arks could be built is in Space. Even the Bible (Revelations) says that a great city called "New Jerusalem" will descend for the righteous. It also says there will be a new heaven and a new earth because the old one will be passed away. I take that to mean the entire solar system.....

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Have you not heard of the new, largest cruise ship that has been in the news the past few weeks? It could house 8,000+ passengers, it weighs 225,000+ tons, it could be used for the ark ship prototypes. This cruise ship holds more people than the town I went to high school in!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by problemsolvr]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i wont say how i know or who told me but there are several of these vaults made back in the 60's and then 80's. each country has at least one, some two. they were built deep underground as a place for refugees in case of a nuclear war. but they are still operable and always stocked.

one of america's is in denver. another that i know of is under moscow.

each one is built under different standards but the basics are seeds, water filtration systems, farm animals as well as some animals native to each location and generators. some run manually others by different fuels.

i do not know of the capacities or how they plan on filling those places.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
IMO, they already have plenty of these "arks". They are called aircraft carriers and they can already house 7000 people... how do I know, because I was stationed on one and so is my husband.. not saying they have enough to house the whole world, but enough to house enough to continue life, if said event were to ever happen.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxzor

I agree, it seems to the EU that after a worldwide cataclysm people would be able to get there, open the bunker(whatever they call it) and then no enough about plants to be able to plant them in there respected habitats

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
space hotel opens in 2012

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Do you guys seriously believe that if the world's oceans overflowed the continents any ship could survive it? Any change in the earth's orbit or rotational speed would be reflected and magnified in water. There is even a good possibility of the planet losing it's water, and/or it's atmosphere. You need to expand your base of possibilities after all it is a UNIVERSAL realignment. Tides created by the Moon are sometimes more than we can handle. Earthquakes are also pretty much a given, underneath the earth is not the best of ideas, given enough stress, stone will flow like water and fill in most empty spaces. If you manage to build up enough mental stress over 2012 you will probably destroy yourself. I suggest you just be cool....if everything starts to flow, SURF!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I already new about the arctic seed vault. However, I didn't know about the possible bunker under the Denver Airport. Nevertheless, maybe the arctic vault is actually what the ARKS are going to report to when things look bad.....

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
If they're already building these arks, then it has to be the best kept secret throught the world. Though it would explaine the enormus spending that's been going on with nothing to show for it.
Where would you construct something as big as these would have to be?

I agree-it would be one of the best kept secrets. Maybe they (our governments) are keeping it under wraps by threatening people who know the secret. Also, in the movie, the ARKS were built in the Himalaya Mountains. I suppose that this location would be secretive enough to keep a huge project secret.

new topics

top topics

join