It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not when, but why .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why hasn't the end been come and gone? We could have been already inner our own paradises of heaven. What's with the stall? Or are we suppose to die martyrs?

Here are some quotes that leave the bible reader wondering:

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

"...but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

^^And "But" excludes that ("...") part. To mean whoso and whatso heaven and earth is dont pass away. Though you must be wise to understand that the part is a wise way of words written. But that's just my 2 cents.

Anyway, what's missing from making the end just come already? And why is it missing?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Basically this is a school, and you are the student and you are in school. This is the school of good and evil.

How do you know what "hot" is? Could you understand the difference between hot and cold if you had not experienced them both? You could always be hot, or always be cold, but you would never understand either without experiencing both.

It's the same thing with good and evil. Without experiencing both, you have no idea what they are, no understanding. This is stated in Genesis by both the serpent and god.

So, in terms of the bible. The general deal from start to finish is this.

1. We have taken from the tree of knowledge, to know both good and evil.
2. We are quarantined on this planet, in order to protect that which is not evil.
3. In order to get "out", you must choose the good and follow it.
4. Men did not understand the written word, so then you have Jesus as an example.
5. If one believes in Jesus, meaning believes in what he said and did and follows that, then they have chosen the good and can find a society without evil(heaven). Jesus gives understanding on how to follow the laws/good(#3).
6. When the lessons are taught, such a place is no longer needed. Thus, the chafe and wheat are seperated and that which is good is kept(goes to heaven etc). Revelation is all about the time when things become known.

Some people frame good and evil in terms of ignorance and knowledge. In that evil is the result of ignorance, and knowledge/understanding is the cure to that.

And in this manner, you are born ignorant. People call that being born with sin, original sin and so forth, but you are born ignorant. You have to be born ignorant otherwise you would never accept evil or do evil things. And what ultimately ends it is people will know the truth and so forth. Again, the only way to know both is to experience both.

The only way someone can be deceived is if they are ignorant. Once they know the truth and understand it, then you can't deceive someone anymore than I can deceive you into believing 4+4=99.

So some call it a school, others call it a prison. Either way, you ain't getting out without learning the lessons and fixing your mistakes(repenting for sins).

So Jesus gives the understanding needed for you to repent for your sins, and is thus the "way" and shows the "path". I am not a Christian because I do not believe in worshiping his death, the truth and way is shown in his life IMO.

I can go into more detail if you want, such as the reason behind the destroying the tower of babel, the quarantine and so forth.

But if you truly want to understand, then you need to realize what is "you". Then these things make a little more sense. You are framing life and death as being physical life and death, but these things are not really you.

Can you define yourself without naming a possession? "your" body? "your brain"? What is that possesses these things, how can "you" be a possession? If it's a possesion, then something posseses it. What? Understand the answer to that, then more understanding will follow.

[edit on 11/16/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I don't think there has been a delay. Christ said the generation that sees Israel become a nation will be the generation that sees the end. And a "generation" in the Bible is 60-70 years.

I think we are right on schedule. You also have to remember that Jesus promises that the prayers of the righteous will be answered, so technically if there are righteous people praying for more time to save the unsaved then things could be "delayed".

However, that may be likely, but I put my trust in what Jesus said in the parable of the fig tree. Israel captured Jerusalem in 1967, the generation of people born around then will witness the end of this age.

join