It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative columnist: Sarah Palin is ‘a joke’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Conservative columnist: Sarah Palin is ‘a joke’

rawstory.com...

By Gavin Dahl
Sarah PalinConservative columnist David Brooks just went public again with his criticisms of Sarah Palin. "She's a joke. I can't take her seriously," he told ABC's George Stephanopoulos.

The question other members of the press are asking is whether this time around he will he codify his statements in print at The New York Times.

A month before last year's presidential election Brooks admitted to a forum in Manhattan that Palin was "not even close" to qualified for higher office. However, he failed to reveal the opinion in multiple columns after the comment. At the time, he was called "frighteningly dishonest" by Editor & Publisher's Greg Mitchell, who suggested he should debate himself on PBS.

There was little debate, however, on This Week Sunday. The other conservative on the panel with Brooks, George Will, isn't buying into the Palin frenzy either.

Will said he thinks Republicans can do better. "Some conservatives think they have found in Sarah Palin a Republican William Jennings Bryan," he said. "Now, why would they want someone who lost the presidency three times?"

Apparently the GOP is beginning to eat its young.

The Palin phenomenon is one of the most interesting and astonishing stories to come along in a long time. Never in my short time of political interest, have I seen such a personality cause such a bru ha ha. Well, perhaps "Slick Willie"...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Sarah.

Sarah who?

Sarah Palin...

If she is a joke...I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think conservatives liked Palin at first because she helped them solidify a particular base of core constituents. With her anti-intellectual "God and guns" persona she appealed to some of the Republican faithful.

Now that they're realizing that she has a limited following of mostly fringe dwellers and lunatics they're thinking again.

She must be a total embarrassment to the more intellectual, not to mention the more moderate, conservatives. Party loyalty prevents many of them from saying what they really think of her, IMO, but I suspect more than a few are aware of her shortcomings and would dread having her in a position of significant power.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was actually well aware that Mrs. Palin was a joke, well before they officially announced it. In all seriousness, this journalist is just some nobody who is trying to seem cutting edge by distancing themselves from a politician. It will probably help whatever imaginary political career they picture in their dreams.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is a Litmus test.
If you are a real, Ronald Reagan conservative you love/like her.
If you don't love/like her you are a self proclaimed conservative but are in fact a moderate to left leaning Rino.

If you hate/fear her...you are a Democrat/Liberal.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sarah Palin may well be a joke, but some jokes can be quite dangerous. David Brooks and George Will, media gatekeepers for the fascist American ruling class, fear that the defection of Palin’s partisans could keep power in non-Republican hands long enough to reverse some of the fascist decisions that have been made over the past twenty-eight years (and yes, I am including the Clinton and Obama Administrations within that list). And precisely because Palin, joke that she is, is starting to become a threat to Republican chances to retake the White House to continue the fascist agenda of the last twenty-eight years, the Republicans are excommunicating her and her followers and are demonizing them out of existence. Such marginalization can be highly effective sometimes. But this time? I don’t know…

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
Sarah Palin is a Litmus test.
If you are a real, Ronald Reagan conservative you love/like her.
If you don't love/like her you are a self proclaimed conservative but are in fact a moderate to left leaning Rino.

If you hate/fear her...you are a Democrat/Liberal.

This is the most accurate assessment of the Sarah Palin Phenomena I've seen to date.

Good work!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This is the most accurate assessment of the Sarah Palin Phenomena I've seen to date.

You have to be kidding me. Did we not see enough "proud to be stupid" theatrics from the GOP in the Bush years?

You want to know why I am no longer a Republican? Because the battle in the party is less moderate vs. conservative as it is intelligent vs. stupid. The GOP has become the party of dumb#s.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Eurisko2012 to arrive and say she's "hot" in 3..2...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
that's it. i say its time for conservatives to do to obama what liberals do to palin.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
that's it. i say its time for conservatives to do to obama what liberals do to palin.

Where have you been? Obama has certainly gotten his fair share of abuse here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ha, people laugh when they think of Palin as President, three years from they may not be laughing any more.
This last election prooved to us it's no longer about qualifications and if Obama got elected for being cool, Palin will get elected for being sexy.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

one difference. obama has a record of failure as president. palin is a simple celebrity at this point. she doesn't threaten me.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by whaaa

one difference. obama has a record of failure as president. palin is a simple celebrity at this point. she doesn't threaten me.

Wow.. so if I takeover a company as CEO because the previous CEO ran the company in the ground... then a few months later I have a record of failure? Nice.

top topics

join