It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gray earth - coloured moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i suppose if nasa would be the space agency for the aliens... and if some of the chaps would be stuck down there.... thats what they would be made to believe

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
but you can see the colour of the moon from earth. it is grey.
it looks different in some astronaught photos though, in some it looks brown, and thats how they describe it...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
but you can see the colour of the moon from earth. it is grey.
it looks different in some astronaught photos though, in some it looks brown, and thats how they describe it...

no it isn't. there are a few threads with pictures taken by the Indian ship showing its colours. its grey,red,blue and green

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The footage showing the Earth at the beginning is a proven Hoax!
It is filmed in close proximity of the Earth and a mould in the window was used.
Watch the documentary "A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"
www.zideo.nl...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
wow that is cool just think when u look at the one is it a planet is there life on it i wise i can see the moon in full color

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am just a little bit baffled by this. Makes me wonder what the true color of Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc is? I understand our atmosphere makes the stars twinkle, things look different cause of the gases scatter light differently. But why the cover up? Really? So the moon is brown and green? There are lots of rocks and minerals that have those colors it does not necessarily equate life. And if one goes by the current theory of how the moon came to be, (the planet smacking the earth v 1.0 then part of the earth and the other planet became the moon and earth v 2.0) then why wouldn't it be similar in color to many of the earth's rocks?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KiliRae

I don't remember any reference to green, but the astronauts have said that they could see several different colours on the Moon, mostly grey and brown.

So I guess we can accept that the colours we see on the science photos are relatively accurate.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KiliRae

Mars in true color?
I believe there is a thread about this. I downloaded several great pictures from the NASA-link provided in that thread. Like this:
media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Danke! Havent seen those before.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Someone took a picture of the moon from Earth and got this after increasing the color saturation:

blog.deepskycolors.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8ca92dc311a.jpg[/atsimg]

SOFTWARE
Stacking: N/A
Processing: Photoshop & PixInsight

COMMENTS
Is the moon really like this? Well, sort of. This is what happens when you take a picture of the moon, neutralize the colors (so the median of the values of R, G and B is the same) and then saturate the image. So in a way, yes, those colors are real, and the only difference is that they've been exaggerated a bit. This was the first time I attempted to take a "colored moon" photo, but I enjoyed it so much I expect to do some more in the future :-)

Some parts look gray from one sun angle and brown from another sun angle, sounds like metamerism.

So what's the "real" color of the moon?

It depends on the sun angle, among other things.

Also we brought back samples of the moon so we can see what some of the colors look like right here on Earth by examining those samples.

This is a Lunar anorthosite from Apollo 15 landing site, otherwise known as the "genesis rock":

photo-junction.blogspot.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/485076a43014.jpg[/atsimg]

Actually you see more than one color on that rock depending on how it reflects the light. It's a brighter gray, almost a little whitish on top and darker underneath, almost brownish.

top topics

join