It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama refuses to salute the flag...AGAIN!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The thing is.. where is the real proof.. can anyone find me a pic where he DOES put his hand over his heart.. or even look like he is standing at attention during the pledge?

I have seen none.

Which one is fake?

Answer here

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

Excellent find! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
RADICAL MUSLIMS NEVER SALUTE OLD GLORY ARE YOU SURPRISED?????

Thats why I fly the Confederate Flag with pride in my yard, sure its caused some local controversy but when you are known for your Pro Gun stance nobody challenges it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That was truly a great find. Many stars for you.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Witness2008]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The man in the middle at the right is:
(Former)Veterans Affairs Secretary James B. Peake
If this photo was taken this year then he wouldn't be in the picture and neither would the current President of the United States for that matter.

In fact this picture was taken at Arlington National Cemetery, Va., on May 26, 2008.

Check out the following link with the same picture at different angle.
www.defenselink.mil...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Someones making mountains out of anthills...AGAIN!

I think its molehills but the size difference was better antwize

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If you follow that link above, you will see he did put his hand over his heart. The image was taken before he did. There are several images with his hand over his heart.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That piece of textile refered by you happens to be the American Flag that

many have fought and died for and is still the flag and symbol of the United

States Of America.

Health care has to be paid by someone and that someone will be you paying

for your neighbors health care. Should we now change the Pledge of

Allegiance to I pledge the allegiance to the flag of The United States of

America and to the Republic for which it stands one Nation under God

indivisible with Liberty, Justice and health care for all. Oh I am sorry God in

some circles should be taken out. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If you are not pro-gun, and an American...you may want to spend some of your energy changing the Constitution to better serve your agenda.

Enjoy also tackling the better half of the American populace that will trample you (and anyone else) trying to rip that given right.

You got a problem with the Constitution, then you got a serious problem with America.

Now please...continue your laughter.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
Protocol.

Obama gets it.

Protocol huh?

I don't buy that at all.

I have seen videos and live footage where Barry (Obama) looks around, slouches, looks down at his feet during the Pledge.

If you tell me that behavior is protocol then I want nothing to do with the country your president is from.

Fair is fair. Yes I admit I don't like the guy or trust him, but I'm not a hate monger that would just bash him just for hates sake. I hate him only because I see what he does and what he is doing to this country and I don't agree with it one bit.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hey, that's one I haven't seen. Thanks. I will give you a star because you got an A on the assignment.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

States Of America.

"There is no flag big enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people" - Howard Zinn

for your neighbors health care.

And the fact that you make it sound like a bad thing proves a lot to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by amari

States Of America.

"There is no flag big enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people" - Howard Zinn

for your neighbors health care.

And the fact that you make it sound like a bad thing proves a lot to me.

Since you refer to Howard Zinn what are your true thoughts on civilians

being killed in the line of fire during horrible wars and is it avoidable?

Remember war goes both ways and on 911 most were civilians who were

specifically targeted and murdered.

It proves that I pay for my own health care and government controlled and

run health care is the beginning of controlling every aspect of the Weople's

lives in the U.S.A.

Why shouldn't every American be guaranteed a job, home, car, food and

where does it stop especially when our democrat leaders are promoting

government controlled health care and our nation is essentially broke and

Trillions in debt?

I am all for helping people and I do it everyday but I do not want

government telling and forcing me to do so. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Why would he salute something he does not believe in? He has made it very clear where his loyalties are. I am sure if this was the chinese flag he would have made the right jesture to it. My dad used to say if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck its a duck. We need to see the truth and sort out the facts before he is saluting the flag because the flag will stand for something that he believes in.

If you look back even 20 years ago the things that are happening would not have been tolerated. What changed? The only thing that I can figure out is we have finally reached the tipping point in this country. And we wondered why they would let so many illegal aliens in and take away our rights one by one.

Subjective Truth

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Obama's loyalty isn't to the United States.

That's why he disrespects the flag.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I don't think it's the end of the World, but perhaps someone should pose a formal question to the White House. Not even Foxnews is covering this lol .. I would like to hear his response "Oh, spaced out for a second" would probably be it. What's with spacey Presidents lately.. Bush and Obama seem to be two peas in a pod.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
wow, can't even believe this thread exists.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I don't see why you say he gets it?

If the President doesn't put his hand over his heart, surely that is disrespect to the flag and therefore the American nation?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Considering the Obama image was from Memorial Day and not Veteran's Day, I am surprised there's still people who haven't caught on. Also surprised no one saw the other Memorial Day pics with his hand over his heart, even though there's several posts here with links by members. Lastly, funny how people don't consider frame sequence, time line, context and bracketing in regards to still photography, and they still readily believe non-accredited 2d photos from 3rd parties in the age of Photoshop. Seeing is believing indeed...lol

SheepBrain News 05/25/09 : Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen Hates America.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
haha that's the funniest post in weeks.

You're angry because a person refuses to make a hand movement towards a piece of textile.

Although this picture was proven to not be accurate, I thought I wold address your post. This *person* you are referring to is the President of the United States. He is also the Commander in Chief of our armed forces.

Allow me to enlighten you, there are Federal laws about the flag.
www.ushistory.org...

The laws relating to the flag of the United States of America are found in detail in the United States Code. Title 4, Chapter 1 pertains to the flag; Title 18, Chapter 33, Section 700 regards criminal penalties for flag desecration; Title 36, Chapter 3 pertains to patriotic customs and observances. These laws were supplemented by Executive Orders and Presidential Proclamations.
(snip)
§4. Pledge of allegiance to the flag; manner of delivery
The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.", should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute. [See Congressional Notes re use of "under God."]
(snip)
§10. Modification of rules and customs by President
Any rule or custom pertaining to the display of the flag of the United States of America, set forth herein, may be altered, modified, or repealed, or additional rules with respect thereto may be prescribed, by the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, whenever he deems it to be appropriate or desirable; and any such alteration or additional rule shall be set forth in a proclamation

There is more to it than just some silly custom.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join