It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Signs of Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The video provides some form of basic understanding on perhaps what you might come across. View it with an open mind.

The Cell

[edit on 15-11-2009 by tristar]

CX

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the video.

Personally, whilst i think the video will bring criticism from some, i think it's a good video.

Lots of good info, which has proved in the past to help the emergency services. As long as people don't start getting above their station and jumping into situations they can't handle.

The only thing i would have added to that video, seeing as they mention suspect packages so much, is not to touch anything you find. Thats what the bomb squad get paid for. If i had a pound for every suspect package we were called to in the police, only to find out that the "expert member of the public", or even cops had shaken it or opened it to see what it was, i'd be a rich man.

I can see how the things that are on this video could work both ways though. The tourist taking pics thing, i do that all the time with my kids in London when we go up there. Last time i took a load of Scotland Yard with them outside it, doesn't mean i'm going to attack the place though.

Also, people storing weapons and supplies. Well when i saw that i just thought of all the poor old US preppers out there that are doing just this.

Lets hope the DHS don't take their video too seriously eh?

CX.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I agree with you in many ways. I guess with all these fundamentalists out there, its safer just so as you know what to basically look for rather than walking or looking ignorant at something which may or may not turn into a nasty outcome.

Naturally, no citizen should handle any package, leave that to the professionals, and off course never confront a suspect as it may very well be your last few minutes on the earth.

Then again, i doubt ill be receiving any hostile posts as many would rather avoid entering such a thread rather than offering their point on such a video from a constructive and educated point of view.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I know a more efficient method to stop terrorism:
1. Stop bombing the children of nations that can't fight back.
2. A more humane foreign politicy
3. No invasion under the pretext of enforcing democracy but stealing oil.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
First the stupid LAPD ad. Now this.

Here is one definition of terrorism from the United Nations General Assembly:

Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them.

Well it may not be criminal for CIAC to request such information, but ads like this will frigthen people. Bring them to distrust their fellow citizens and force them to conform to „what is social acceptable“.

I am a birder. Now if I take a walk with my „vision enhancing device“ - a snitch will report me.
I take a note or draw something - a snitch will report me.
Being curious and showing interest in my surroundings – a snitch will report me.
Asking other people questions – a snitch will report me.
I like to pay cash - so more reasons for snitches to report me.
Parking in a strange area – a snitch will report me.

Impersonation, that is a good one. The best thing to boycott this dangerours nonsense, is for every citizen who is concerned by the big brother state: Call the authorities and report any cop or government official as suspect.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

Times have changed, society as it was has long disappeared, so it is inevitable that a more violent culture has been brought up through the exposure of Films, T.V. Shows, Magazines, Music and this list goes on. Therefore i assume it is up to everyone to make sure that we live a life in a secure environment how ever possible. Obviously extreme care needs to be taken as to not over react and that will only happen if people are educated. As the old saying goes "knowledge is power and power is knowledge"

CX

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
I know a more efficient method to stop terrorism:
1. Stop bombing the children of nations that can't fight back.
2. A more humane foreign politicy
3. No invasion under the pretext of enforcing democracy but stealing oil.

Terrorists don't just come in the way of the ones abroad.

Many people can carry out acts of terror, from animal rights groups to the local guy unhappy with the service at his local superstore.

I spent much of my service career during the times of the IRA when they thought it would be fun to bomb shopping centres over here in the UK. Having videos such ast this one woukld have ben a great way of getting the public to be more aware.

A sign of the times yes, and whether it's our own fault or not, this is the way it is now. A little vigilance now and again won't hurt anyone .

CX.

[edit on 15/11/09 by CX]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Times have changed, society as it was has long disappeared, so it is inevitable that a more violent culture has been brought up through the exposure of Films, T.V. Shows, Magazines, Music and this list goes on. Therefore i assume it is up to everyone to make sure that we live a life in a secure environment how ever possible. Obviously extreme care needs to be taken as to not over react and that will only happen if people are educated. As the old saying goes "knowledge is power and power is knowledge"

Yes, times have changed. But contrary to public opinion and media hype violence-rates are going down.

What is going up, is the destruction of society. People distrust each other and expect the worst from other parts of the society.

Tampa police: Marine reservist attacked Greek priest he mistook for terrorist

TAMPA — Marine reservist Jasen Bruce was getting clothes out of the trunk of his car Monday evening when a bearded man in a robe approached him. That man, a Greek Orthodox priest named Father Alexios Marakis, speaks little English and was lost, police said. He wanted directions. What the priest got instead, police say, was a tire iron to the head. Then he was chased for three blocks and pinned to the ground — as the Marine kept a 911 operator on the phone, saying he had captured a terrorist.

You are right. People should be educated and judge risks accordingly. But if they are, they will recognize, that the USA is becoming an authoritarian police state.

Civil rights are surrendered. People are incarcerated for petty offences.
The US already has with 0,7% the highest rate of prisoners per capita in the world.

There are already more than 1.000.000 names on the ever growing terror watch list. Those on this list are harassed. Rahm Emanuel openly called to restrict the rights of those listed. But, how useful is this list? Was any terrorist caught with help of that list?

The list was compiled by professionals and semi-professionals. When we now fear and police each other, does it really bring more security or just less liberty?

We should listen to Franklin D. Roosevelt: "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." Nonetheless we should be wary. After all the lies of our leaders have cost more lives, than all terrorist attacks.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Obviously an unfortunate incident. I can also guarantee you that this individual has not traveled abroad to see how European nations are very casual when it comes to strangers. On the other hand, way way too many U.S. and not only citizens, are totally blinded by Television, Radio, News Papers to even begin to question the authenticity of any article or report. This is why U.S. citizens are so anxious to jump on anyone resembling non american. This is were education is needed and perhaps U.S. citizens spending more time abroad in European nations to actually see that no one really dislikes the U.S. or do they seem them like the devil as a nation, that is a picture or should i say bait which was thrown at the public and obviously they took it hook line and sinker.

top topics

join