It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama : Bringing Troops Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It seems like yesterday when the elections were going full stride. All the false aqusations and promises that we all had to endure to see another elected puppet take office. Recently President Obama is considering adding an additional 40'000 troops to the ' Afghan Security Force ' . www.nytimes.com... A far cry from his presidential promise to bring our troops home during his campaign. Things will always stay the same , ' That is something you can take to the bank '.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

How dare you! Are you a racist because Obama is black (mullato). Don't you know what torture his family endured being brought to this country by white slave masters?

You should be ashamed of yourself, think of the hardship his family faced under slavery and 100 years of Jim Crow.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

LMAO! I love your posts Newbie.

We all know his dad wasn't a slave..he was from Kenya.

And, his mom, well his mom was as white as the driven snow...well as white as snow driven over by a bunch of black tires.

So I guess now we got that out of the way all the crybaby anti-war people can feel free to whine about how he hasn't yanked the troops out yet. I personally, think he should start up the draft and send about 200k troops over there.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe he on many occasions mentioned bringing the iraqi forces home and concentrating on afghanistan more.

Of course he's not doing that either. In fact I've seen no hint that he's bringing home any troops.

This makes me wonder if ron paul really would have pulled straight out of iraq?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by total newbie

LMAO! I love your posts Newbie.

We all know his dad wasn't a slave..he was from Kenya.

And, his mom, well his mom was as white as the driven snow...well as white as snow driven over by a bunch of black tires.

So I guess now we got that out of the way all the crybaby anti-war people can feel free to whine about how he hasn't yanked the troops out yet. I personally, think he should start up the draft and send about 200k troops over there.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by HotSauce]

I would rather see 200,000 troops over "there" or anywhere (the moon), rather than see them on the streets of America.

That's the choice we got as far as I see it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"I personally, think he should start up the draft and send about 200k troops over there."

Intersting opinion from someone who is posting on conspiracy sites, instead of fighting in wars which they support. I guess it's always easier to send someone else to do your dirty work than do it yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

He can draft me if he wants. I would be honored to go and to server my country. I am little older now, but I wish I would have went in right after high school. I look at it as a great personal failure.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

They might still accept. They have lessened the age restrictions somewhat.

Would you want to go to afghanistan or iraq? Or do you have a preference? How long would you be willing to stay?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wait.. I'm confused, I thought he hasn't made his decision yet. I'm not an advocate for Obama, but why are you accusing him of hypocrisy before he's even made a decision? The 40,000+ reinforcements were the requests of the US Forces in Afghanistan, now he could grant these additional troops and factor in an exit strategy and still be true to his word of bringing the troops home during his run. This doesn't sound like a fair accusation. He's made other promises that he's broken, what about when he promised not to staff lobbyists? He's done that. Or did that thread already come and run it's course?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Well that is good that they loosened the restrictions on age a bit. I guess it would be better to go to Afghanistan since it seems like they need more troops on the ground there.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Holy double talk batman!

A politician lied! That never happens.

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
I believe he on many occasions mentioned bringing the iraqi forces home and concentrating on afghanistan more.

Of course he's not doing that either. In fact I've seen no hint that he's bringing home any troops.

This is pretty much exactly what he said.

He said switch war from Iraq to Afghanistan. Of course when the elections were happening, people are driving around with their ANTI BUSH/END THE WAR bumper sticker, then next to it another saying VOTE FOR OBAMA.

Guess it was just another person lost...

new topics

top topics

join