It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mantis Takes to the Air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

BAE's latest UAV/UCAV demonstrator has now flown, there is also a subtle shift in the way that BAE talks about its latest demonstrator, now they are discussing possible production versions to rival the Predator/Reaper.

Will see see a similar shift in emphasis with Taranis when that flies?

Flight International

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
that's pretty cool... someone posted about something that is worth time checking out. thank you... thank you very much

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why is this model better than the old predator? I'm sure they don't come cheap either. In my experience with these new release, for every new high tech peice of equipment, they have and use five to ten classified weapons which would make the official machines obsolete. But who cares right? As long as Halliburton/Raytheon/GE/Boeing/Lockhheed Martin/Disney/Mattel and all the others get paid.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I don't think anyone is trying to say its better, only that it offfers a choice of supplier and selling nation (if there is anyone out there that would differentiate between buying from the USA or UK).

Also I don't believe the old "for every new high tech peice of equipment, they have and use five to ten classified weapons which would make the official machines obsolete."

BS, it it such a silly statement as to capitulate to even the briefest examination.

A new prototype is just that, NEW. It is (in this case) also just an airframe, its the stuff that goes into it that is classified.

If the super duper star wars stuff was really available to be used THEN IT WOULD BE USED.

The most likely candidates for super high tech secret applications are those areas for which there is no publically known alternative, like the 'SR-71 replacement'. If you know about it, like the this or the F-22, to take two extremes, then that is because thats all there is.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What are the expected weapons and payloads??

top topics

join