It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin: Memoir is Payback to McCain Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just out: The New York Times Review of Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue."

nytimes.com

Pretty much what you'd expect from the Times (skeptical view from the liberal perspective) but interesting nevertheless.

I reluctantly admit I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon. I can't imagine I'm going to like it but I have to know what she has to say. My curiosity got the better of me.

“Going Rogue,” the title of Sarah Palin’s erratic new memoir, comes from a phrase used by a disgruntled McCain aide to describe her going off-message during the campaign: among other things, for breaking with the campaign over its media strategy, its decision to pull out of Michigan and for speaking out about reports that the Republican Party had spent more than $150,000 on fancy designer duds for her and her family. In fact, the most sustained and vehement barbs in this book are directed not at Democrats or liberals or the press, but at the McCain campaign. The very campaign that plucked her out of Alaska, anointed her the G.O.P.’s vice presidential nominee and made her one of the most talked about women on the planet — someone who could command a reported $5 million for writing this book.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
sarah palin: never heard of her until the campaign...

she didnt realize she was being used to get female votes... now thinks her popularity was because of HER... and decided why not milk a book out of my fans..

who are all idiots btw. sorry

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Palin is an intelligent woman, but she was thrown into a melee' for which whe was unprepared. Perhaps she didn't take her homework seriously. I don't know. But I do know that the MSM attacked her because she was a Christian with strongly held conservative views, because her daughter had a child out of wedlock, and because of her overall "God and Guns" attitude.

I happen to agree with her religious beliefs, if for no other reason than they are good tenants upon which to base one's life. Her daughter had a kid. I am sure she taught her daughter to avoid premarital sex and, if she was going to "do the deed" to use birth control. One can teach all day long but if the student chooses not to listen, then the student must bear the consequences.

"God and Guns?" Look in my closet. I have my share of guns. Got a problem with that, then take it up with the founding fathers, who felt that citizens should be ready to defend their country, against the government if necessary.

And yes, I will buy a copy of her book, I will read it and probably enjoy it throughly.

(For those naysayers who say she hired a ghost writer to pen the book, it is a common practice among actors, politicians, and anyone else who comes into the public spotlight.)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I believe in God and the second amendment.

While Palin does too, that's about all we have in common.

As I wrote, I ordered her book, so I will give it a chance.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I reluctantly admit I pre-ordered a copy from Amazon. I can't imagine I'm going to like it but I have to know what she has to say. My curiosity got the better of me.

I'd be interested in an update on your impressions. I don't think I'm interested enough to buy the book, but if there are any surprises, surely I'm all ears.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly
she didnt realize she was being used to get female votes... now thinks her popularity was because of HER... and decided why not milk a book out of my fans..

How much money did you make on YOUR book?

Originally posted by sourcesonly
who are all idiots btw. sorry

Yes yes, book readers are idiots. Perhaps we should burn all books? Have you read the book? If so, at what point and why during reading it did you stop and qualify this judgemental assessment of others?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I'll let you know when I've read the book. If this thread is no longer current I'll send a U2U.

new topics

top topics

join