It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch Video: Glenn Beck special on Black America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am not a big Glenn Beck watcher myself, although I do from time to time. Whether you do or don't, this is a must watch special Beck did on Black America. I encourage you all to watch this. It is truly enlightening to see the lives of these Americans, and what their experiences have been. Basically its Glenn Beck with a multitude of African Americans, many of which are conservative, talking about their life experiences and growing up in America as a black person. Additionally they talk about their experiences as they became more conservative and how democrats and other African Americans treated them because of it. And lastly their views on what's going on in America and Washington DC now.

Its always perplexing to read and hear liberals say that Glenn Beck is racist and full of hate. Whenever I hear this I always think that these people must not even have watched the man before, because if you did you could not say such a thing even if you don't agree with him.

And for you liberals that call him racist and full of hate, do these videos make you change your mind at all?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i dont get why people assume he is racist, is it because he is mormon? is it because he is conservative? well, my family is mormon(not myself), and im a libertarian... and i can say that neither of these things make you a racist. i agree with beck about as much as i disagree with him, yet he is one of the few i respect in the msm

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

No I think its just an assumption of many liberals. "Oh you're against illengal immigration? Racist. Oh you're bashing on Obama, must be a racist. Republican and white, must be a racist." Obviously most are not that way, but it is thrown around so much you know some really are like that.

I want to see what people think when they watch these video and see that he is surrounded by African Americans telling their story and saying the same things as Beck. These videos are truly amazing.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i dont know if hes racist or not. i cant stand listening to MSN or really any news outlet so i havent really watched or listened to him.

but talking to black people doesnt prove you're not racist...
it almost seems like youre making the "im not racist. i have some black friends" argument for him.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i dont know if hes racist or not. i cant stand listening to MSN or really any news outlet so i havent really watched or listened to him.

but talking to black people doesnt prove you're not racist...
it almost seems like youre making the "im not racist. i have some black friends" argument for him.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

Electric, obviously from this comment you did not watch the videos. Most of the special is not Glenn Beck talking.... its African Americans.

Seriously please watch the videos then comment.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I watched the special. I was heartned by the fact that these Americans felt that political correctness has gone rampant in this country.I feel as though we are beginning to see the people of America cominging together,out of pure reason and not political or racial bias.

It is high time for all of us to just be honest in our thoughts and actions.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Great videos! It was amazing hearing what it was like for many of these people.

These videos should be shown to anyone claiming Conservatives are racists and that no minorities would be Conservative.

I am forwarding these!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

so he let black people on his show talk and hes not racist?
i watched the first one and saw it wasnt going anywhere.
your argument is still flawed.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

so he let black people on his show talk and hes not racist?
i watched the first one and saw it wasnt going anywhere.
your argument is still flawed.

I never said he wasn't racist because African Americans were on his show. Come one man, don't be absurd. Well lets think about this; what would make someone be considered racist? Beliefs, actions, and rhetoric. Through watching the videos you can see that none of those things in Beck are racist. Watch the rest of the videos Electric. Its not a waste of time. If you watch them and still think Beck may be racist so be it. Plus it is amazing to learn of the experience of these Americans. Should make many rethink things.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

i never said he was racist. i even said i dont know if hes racist or not. but your argument is still flawed. nothing in that show can really prove hes not racist.
it could EASILY be taken as him desperately trying to show he isnt racist.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

i never said he was racist. i even said i dont know if hes racist or not. but your argument is still flawed. nothing in that show can really prove hes not racist.
it could EASILY be taken as him desperately trying to show he isnt racist.

So according to your logic, Glenn Beck is racist until proven that he isn't, but it isn't possible (according to you) to prove he isn't racist. So because he had been accused of racism, he just is racist. Great way of thinking.

How about you watch the videos and come up with an actual opinion about whether or not he is racist. Watch the videos, see what his beliefs are, see what his actions are, see the way he holds himself. Is there some reason you do not want to even consider that Beck may not be racist? You seem more concerned with coming up with reasons why these videos mean nothing, than considering if Beck is racist and the experiences of these African Americans.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Glenn beck is a piece of slime, who stole yet another idea, does this bloke even think for himself, pure scum.

You can believe two faced puke if you want, but he is no different than jonesy boy alex.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

im not saying hes racist until hes proven non-racist.

im saying talking to black people on a show in no way will prove he isnt. which proving he isnt is what im assuming the point of your thread is.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

im not saying hes racist until hes proven non-racist.

im saying talking to black people on a show in no way will prove he isnt. which proving he isnt is what im assuming the point of your thread is.

Nope, the point of the thread is actually about the lives and experiences of these Americans, and how it changes the way people think about race and African Americans in American politics.

The commentary about people calling Beck a racist was secondary and more just a point I was making. But its a valid point none the less. Beck gets labeled a racist for no reason whatsoever. Same things is happening to conservatives all over this country and it is complete BS.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is suffering from a very serious case of white guilt.

He is a racist, and to deal with the guilt he has to do a show about "black America"

His nervous laughter and snickers throughout that show are a dead give away.

Too bad the people involved didn't "get it".

Beck, you really are a pathetic piece of #!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
glen on one of his racist rants again? this could get interesting.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't feed the trolls Johnny

Carry on-

To me Beck is a form of entertainment and I treat it as such. Some truth is in there , some bs is in there. It's up to the observer to decipher the two. Much like everywhere on tube or radio.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Glenn Beck is suffering from a very serious case of white guilt.

He is a racist, and to deal with the guilt he has to do a show about "black America"

His nervous laughter and snickers throughout that show are a dead give away.

Too bad the people involved didn't "get it".

Beck, you really are a pathetic piece of #!

What in your opinion makes Beck racist? Do you have anything to back up your beliefs?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Not trying to feed the trolls. LOL

Just trying to get a dialog going about race in America and in politics. And why people assume Conservatives like Beck are racist without anything to back up those claims. People talk like Beck and other conservatives are always screaming and saying hateful things and ripping on minorities. Obviously when people talk like that is shows they have never watched someone like Beck. Its like at some point when many liberals were young, they were told Conservatives and Republicans are racists, and they just blindly assume that all the time now.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You know what they say about opinions right?

Apparently I have one too!

If you fail to see it, then nothing I have said or say will convince you.

Actions speak louder than words.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join