It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Giants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I get what you are saying. For sure. My kids asked me, after watching Horton Hears a Who, if that could really happen.

I showed them the same video.

If a solar system revolved around W CEPHEI and was "proportionate" to ours, the idea is practically feasible.

Excellent thread. Been wanting to start one like this for a while, but lacked the time to put it together. Great job!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Eh what a joke.

If the blurred object really did exist you could just get a telescope and view it from your backyard. The thing is massive enough to be seen from earth with a common telescope.

Next.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This would explain things such as easter island and the pyramids and why the egyptians have heiroglyphs of giants.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok, who can I sue for making fun of how big my ex-wife is? Sure she is 'husky' but using the term GIANT and making it into a government conspiracy is just beyond cruel...

[edit on 15-11-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicnic100
This would explain things such as easter island and the pyramids and why the egyptians have heiroglyphs of giants.

Yeah...nicnic100 - that makes total sense...please can you post a snub of evidence supporting your statement.

This thread could be a viral marketing scheme for Transformers 3...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
They talk about some kind of structure on the top of a crater that you can find on the Clementine lunar image browser.
Joe Escamilla assumes that this could be some large machine or motor.
They also speak of some large humanoid standing next to the object in quest.
I thought well let’s check this out.

Id you so a search on ATS or the internet you can find lots of information about this smudge on the clementine 1.5 image browser. Try using the clementine 2.0 image browser and you'll find that your picture shows an artifact on the browser, and NOT an artifact on the moon.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
GIANTS: The existence of giants is not a fantasy but a concrete possibility of development of the life.

In the ancient past, determined climatic and environmental conditions they have favorite the development, on our planet, of giant plants and animals, like the dinosaurs, for example. We have assessed scientifically with numerous experiments that this “gigantism” has had to the elevated protection of wraps of ozone that in those remote ages was very thicker and that the species has preserved, or animals that vegetables, from the ultraviolet radiations of the sun. Moreover, double atmospheric pressure regarding the current one, an increment of the electromagnetic field of the Earth and a greater oxygen presence in the air has determined the development and the living stabilization of species giants.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
GIANTS: The existence of giants is not a fantasy but a concrete possibility of development of the life.

In the ancient past, determined climatic and environmental conditions they have favorite the development, on our planet, of giant plants and animals, like the dinosaurs, for example. We have assessed scientifically with numerous experiments that this “gigantism” has had to the elevated protection of wraps of ozone that in those remote ages was very thicker and that the species has preserved, or animals that vegetables, from the ultraviolet radiations of the sun. Moreover, double atmospheric pressure regarding the current one, an increment of the electromagnetic field of the Earth and a greater oxygen presence in the air has determined the development and the living stabilization of species giants.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Imagir]

Super, but in terms of humanity, the tallest average that we have every achieved is 6 feet.

There are several examples of giants (even in modern day) - however, we are looking at random occurrence of 8 foot people - not 16 foot super humans.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thanks I'm going too. But nine foot tall and try to drive a car..? That would be noticed by lots of people I think?

But what point out is intriguing that such large humanoids rumors to exist. great

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

but still isn't there any telescopes in that region? so we could see if it really is a giant.

The question remains of course if its still there ,and if its really a very huge humanoid standing next to it.?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunar_Secrets

I have problems understanding why this is being presented like this

Thats why I started this thread. To show if this really could exist. It is dangerous to put so much believe in a movie about creatures that large.
But its also intriguing to play with the idea that it could be possible that such beings can evolve on large planets?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Watched the moon rising videos. Amazing! Thanks OP!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunar_Secrets
This thread can not be serious.

Why can this thread not be serious then?
Think for a moment some million years back and look to the enormous size some of the dinosaurs had.
We know they existed, because we found their remains, but are you not just as I am absolutely amazed that such enormous animals could once really have lived here and for so long.

And look around, there are already people of many different sizes here on Earth alone, from 27 inches tall Up to 8ft.5 tall.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a615c766179f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/556e8b41f4f4.jpg[/atsimg]

A human of 8ft.5 is what I call really giant like, so where are the limits?

So, what is tall?

Height is all relative. No matter how tall you are, there will always be someone or something taller or shorter than you are.

www.heightsite.com...

Look to the size of these people and realize how many of them there in fact are.

ALGERIA ¦ 8FT0 RACHID BARA
Unconfirmed height - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
ARGENTINA ¦ 7FT7 JORGE CONZALEZ
Born in January 1966, Jorge lives in the provincial capital of Formosa and is known locally as "Giant Gonzalez" - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
ARMENIA ¦ 7FT2 ARMEN HOVANNISYAN (OGANNESIAN)
Armen is a basketball player for the Armenian national team - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
AUSTRALIA ¦ 7FT3 SAM HARRIS
Originally from Tasmania, Sam currently plays college basektball - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
AUSTRIA ¦ 7FT8.5 GIOVANNI BONA
AUSTRIA ¦ 7FT8 ADAM RAINER
Born in Graz in 1899 Adam was a medical oddity in that he was a dwarf until, as a young adult, he grew to well over 7 feet. The amazing growth spurt left him bedridden for many years. more--» - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
BANGLADESH ¦ 8FT3 PARIMAL CHANDRA BARMAN
Unconfirmed height - PHOTO - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
BELGIUM ¦ 7FT8.25 FERNAND BACHELARD
Born in 1923 in a small town in Belgium, Fernand became known as "Le Géant-atlas" Though he died in 1976, people in that part of the country are still interested in his adventures. more--» - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
BOSNIA/HERZEGOVINA ¦ 7FT3 NEDZAD SINANOVIC
Born in the former Yugoslavia, Nedzad was recruited by the Portland Trailblazers - WIKI- Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
BRAZIL ¦ 7ft4.58 MONTANHA SILVA
BRAZIL ¦ 7FT4.5 MARIA FELICIANA DOS SANTOS
Born in 1946 and widely believed to be Brazil's tallest woman - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
CAMEROON ¦ 7FT0 RUBEN BOUMTJE-BOUMTJE
Drafted by the Trailblazers in 2001, Ruben has been an inconsistent basketball player. - WIKI - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
CANADA ¦ 7FT8 EDOUARD BEAUPRÉ
Known as the "Willow Bunch Giant" - WIKI - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
CHINA ¦ 8ft2 ZENG JINLAN
The tallest woman ever recorded. Born in China with gigantism, she grew to be 8 ft 2 inches (248 cm) tall, making her the tallest known woman. - WIKI - Information submitted by British blogger Johnny C
CHINA ¦ 7FT9 HUANG CHANG-CHIU
It is very hard to verify his height because China isn't exaclty known for it's openness or authentisity.
ICELAND ¦ 7ft10 JOHANN PETURSSON
Billed as "The Icelandic Giant" or "The Viking Giant", Johann's height was allegedly 8 feet, 8 inches, although the height listed on his driver's license was only 7 feet, 10 inches. Though he was probably not the tallest man in the world, as his billing claimed, he was the tallest Icelander on record. This Icelandic Site says he was 2.34 meters, weighed 163 kg, and wore a size EU84 shoe. It lists his Icelandic name as Jóhann Svarfdælingur and says he died November 26, 1984 more--»
IRELAND ¦ 7FT2 SHAUN AISBITT
Now that 7ft3.4 Patrick Murphy is out of the picture (He died in 1962) Shaun can claim the title of Irish Giant. He weighs 23 stone and wears a UK 21 shoe. His Web Site--»
NORTH KOREA¦ 7FT8.5 RI MYONG-HUN
This North Korean basketball player is reportedly moving to the USA to play professional basketball in the NBA. more--»
PAKISTAN ¦ 8ft4 AJAZ AHMED
This guy is apparently on his way to being confirmed by Guiness. He is reported to be 2.54m (About 8ft4)... more--»
ROMANIA ¦ 7FT7 GHEORGHE MURESAN
Best known for his stint in America's NBA, Gheorghe was able to show flashes of unusual dexterity for a man his height. He quickly became a fan favorite. Muresan was able to turn this fame into a small acting career, appearing in a few commercials and a major motion picture. more--»
SWEDEN ¦ 7FT3 PO CARLSSON
I can't read Swedish, but this guy seems to be the tallest man in Sweden. He is 220cm (about 7ft3)... more--»
TUNISIA ¦ 8ft.5 MOUNIR FOURAR
This Tunisian is reported to be 2.44 meters tall (about 8ft.5), weighing 180 kilograms. He is also said to wear size 64 shoes... more--»
UKRAIN ¦ 7FT10 VIKTOR ZABOLOTNY
With a poor economy at home, Viktor has been forced to work abroad as a circus star in South America. more--»

www.heightsite.com...

So where is in fact the limit?

Then, our universe is unimaginable large, and more and more planets are discovered and definitely will be discovered in time.
Many of them must be in a way compatible with Earth and its creatures and many far, far beyond that, because from where else then could those Alien visitors we have come?
So, it absolutely is not unreasonable to assume, that there are indeed Giants out there of which some possible could have been here.
And who knows do they have such a list too and who knows what will be the tallest one on it?

So therefore, and in my opinion you cannot call this thread not serious.

[edit on 15/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Thank you for saying that. The thing is we could also be giants for some other species.
There are stories of alien species that are much smaller as we are . So indeed what is big and what is small in the universe?

like this one ...Tiny aliens

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The whole observation is wrong, there is no giant in the picture, only in the mind of the observer.
The 'giant' bending over doing some work to the structure.. is no giant bending over, but... the structure itself.

Just stop the movie and capslock the frame, maybe then you see it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The 'giant' bending over doing some work to the structure.. is no giant bending over, but... the structure itself.

What makes you so sure that its the structure itself. I did the same bass-relief

And the same figure came out. So the outcome of the bass-relief is not random?

I'm not going to say that your wrong but why is it that the outcome is the same?

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have to cry "B.S." on this. I don't know what caused the blurring on the Clementine image (although I find it interesting that the 2.0 version of the image browser doesn't seem to show it)...but if it's "ten times the size of Los Angeles", that would make it roughly 4,900 square miles...the equivalent of a circular crater about 80 miles across. That would make it easily visible to a terrestrial telescope within the price range of most amateur astronomers, and within the building capabilities of more than a few. So, is NASA airbrushing our objective lenses and photo plates?

As for a "giant humanoid" who was as tall as the O-P suggests, that's not a biological possibility. I don't care *how* big the universe is, bipedal life forms have distinct limits on their size that have nothing to do with conspiracy, government cover-ups, or wishful thinking. Take a quick look at the "Square-Cube" Law for a quick tutorial on why super-gigantic humanoids don't work well.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Brother Stormhammer]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

What makes you so sure that its the structure itself. I did the same bass-relief

And the same figure came out. So the outcome of the bass-relief is not random?

I'm not going to say that your wrong but why is it that the outcome is the same?

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

Using bas-relief on a smudge is going to produce arbitrary nonsense, trying to interpret that nonsense is foolish. People really need to learn that Photoshop isn't like CSI Miami you can't just ENHANCE! images and pull out detail from smudges.
The number of times I've seen people apply filters to smudges or zoomed in images with really bad compression marks and then sat there straight faced saying they see aliens or lizard people in the patterns made from the compression. Its utterly ridiculous, there really should be some test people have to pass before they're allowed to use photoshop.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I've seen some of those images that where blurred out, what gets me is why haven't any scientists or media asked them why this area or that area is blurred out. I may know that obvious answer, but it just seems really half ass by hiding the "elephant" under the rug and saying there's no elephant in the house.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by modern

Using bas-relief on a smudge is going to produce arbitrary nonsense, trying to interpret that nonsense is foolish. People really need to learn that Photoshop isn't like CSI Miami you can't just ENHANCE! images and pull out detail from smudges

Tell that to the forensic annalist Jim horricks. He made his conclusions by using Photoshop. So I guess CSI miami comes close to the truth?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join