It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US healthcare crisis solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Eliminate medicare
Eliminate social security
Eliminate veterans healthcare
Eliminate federal government employees healhcare
Eliminate bureau of indian affairs healthcare
Eliminate state government workers healthcare
Eliminate county government workers healhcare
Elminate local municipalities workers healhcare
Eliminate workers compensation
Eliminate medical lawsuits and judgements
Eliminate employer sponsored healthcare policies
Elminate pharmaceutical advertising (Let the doctors do the prescribing, not thier idiot patients)

THe only one that gets thier own healhcare system is active duty military.

Eliminate insurance companies

Everyone pays an equal share into the system

All healthcare professionals work for the federal government

Anyone that wants to avoid the wait for procedures can buy a supplimental insurance policy that gurantees better service and better doctors. However they still have to pay an equal share into the system.

Any doctor that wants to earn more can participate in the supplimental heath insurance program to suppliment thier government practice. Every doctor must accept at least some small fraction of patients from the government run program, even if they choose to cater to higher paying clients.

---

Failing that I say we blow up the entire system and restart as a true unregulated, mafia like, dog eat dog, capitalist system like Russia did when communism failed.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I agree with everything up until Eliminate Insurance Companies (which I do agree with) .. from there you delve into Communist utopia happy go lucky land that never works.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree with everything up until Eliminate Insurance Companies (which I do agree with) .. from there you delve into Communist utopia happy go lucky land that never works.

Except that it currently does work in the majority of developed countries including basically all of Europe.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This sounds like a socialized medical system very similar to the u.k.

I'm not sure I like the idea of doctors working for the government myself. I'd like the idea of keeping doctors non government workers. The doctors should work for the patient.

I'm also against ending malpractice completely. I guess you'd have to create an ethics board to keep doctors regulated then.

I am for ending pharmaceutical advertisements though. The doctors should be the ones to prescribe and not the patient demanding the latest new pill.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

1. that is a matter of opinion, many people in Europe hate their health care system.

2. Given debt to GDP ratios, Europe is far more broke than the US already, so how long will the health care be there?

3. Europe pays much more in taxes.

Personally, I don't want the effing government dictating my health care, that's all I frikin ask for is to keep those corrupt bastards away from anything that directly relates to my survivability. Damn.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You forgot eliminate Religious and educational non-profits because they are a major part of the financial crisis, because they are not required to pay federal taxes like everyone else, but instead are allowed to launder their money through other non-profit orginizations.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Socialized medicince seems to work very well for the U.S. military.

They offer a very efficent means of distributing healthcare to all military members. All this coutry needs is a central vision that everyone can back.

Look this country needs some sort of basic triage, surgury and medical care system.

Your on vacation in vail and your daughter gets sick. Your employer sends you into the appalatioan mountains to build a secret underground shelter and you cut your hand off in a terrible industrial accident. Your wife is on a bus trip accross country to sighsee america and the bus flies off a highway overpass and causes a massive pileup on I-10, killing and injuring many. Bubonic plauge runs trough an isolated town in the midwest killing and sickening thousands. A domestic terrorist group bombs the washington memorial while you are visiting it, killing and injuring several hundred.

The last thing you want to be worrried about is who is gonna pay the bill.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I've met maybe two people who have ever had nice things to say about the VA. The majority mentioning the VA usually follows a long stream of angry muttering and cursing.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I've met maybe two people who have ever had nice things to say about the VA. The majority mentioning the VA usually follows a long stream of angry muttering and cursing.

THe VA is for inactive duty military and dependants yes?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Everyone pays an equal share into the system

The problem with everyone paying an EQUAL share into the system is that not everyone takes EQUAL good care of themselves. Would you like everyone to pay an EQUAL share for auto insurance?

Hey, I have an idea. Everyone MUST make it through military basic training before they are entitled to receive any kind of health insurance. And, every year they MUST pass a physical to continue to receive that EQUAL insurance, otherwise they pay more.*

*those with legitimate health conditions that prevent them from doing this are obviously excluded (ie wheelchair bound, blind, mentally impaired, etc.). Gawd, I don't want to be paying EQUAL share to keep all these big fat lazy couch potatoes alive, people that never exercise every day, etc. Lets be REAL fair in all this, okay! Make those that don't take care of themselves PAY WAY MORE like how drunk drivers pay way more for auto insurance.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Eliminate medicare
Elminate pharmaceutical advertising (Let the doctors do the prescribing, not thier idiot patients)

Agreed exept for Eliminate medical lawsuits and judgments.
If somebody leaves scissors in my stomach I would like a judgment for them to open me up again and get the scissors out.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Eliminate medicare

Agreed exept for Eliminate medical lawsuits and judgments.
If somebody leaves scissors in my stomach I would like a judgment for them to open me up again and get the scissors out.

Changed: Limit the amount of judgements and lawsuits to a reasonable amount.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

The problem with everyone paying an EQUAL share into the system is that not everyone takes EQUAL good care of themselves. Would you like everyone to pay an EQUAL share for auto insurance?

Hey, I have an idea. Everyone MUST make it through military basic training before they are entitled to receive any kind of health insurance. And, every year they MUST pass a physical to continue to receive that EQUAL insurance, otherwise they pay more.*

*those with legitimate health conditions that prevent them from doing this are obviously excluded (ie wheelchair bound, blind, mentally impaired, etc.). Gawd, I don't want to be paying EQUAL share to keep all these big fat lazy couch potatoes alive, people that never exercise every day, etc. Lets be REAL fair in all this, okay! Make those that don't take care of themselves PAY WAY MORE like how drunk drivers pay way more for auto insurance.

Genocide and euthanasia sound like good ideas yes?

new topics

top topics

join