It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw Video: Officer Tasers Man in Handcuffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Raw Video: Officer Tasers Man in Handcuffs

www.wzzm13.com

LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- Lansing police officials say an officer whose Tasering of a handcuffed man was caught on dashboard video has been suspended for two weeks without pay for violating department policy.

Police Chief Mark Alley said on Aug. 16 officer Ryan Smith responded to a domestic call between a 43-year-old Lansing man and his girlfriend.

Alley tells the Lansing State Journal that a scuffle ensued between Smith and Rocky Allred, who head-butted the officer as he tried to handcuff him. Smith attempted to Taser Allred, but the weapon failed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.forbezdvd.com
nowstreamin.net

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Well here's a case where the officer was in the wrong. It seemed like the man was cooperating fully with officers. Then all of a sudden they attack him. Tazer him while he is handcuffed? This is insane! What were these officers thinking?

The man reportedly suffered a broken jaw because of the incident. The officer involved has been suspended for two weeks without pay pending a full investigation.

Well to me it looks as if the Lansing PD has made one man very wealthy.

www.wzzm13.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if someone went to that "police officer's" house and took care of him. Two weeks suspension? That's it?! More and more videos surface almost everyday of police brutality and ego power tripping pigs that think they own people. Maybe if more of these people actually had to pay for what they've done instead of just being fired or suspended there would be less of them doing this. To me, kind of like public execution, if I saw someone hanged for murder in a public place, it would definitely make me not want to do it. Let's start making examples.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nothing to see here. Just another day on the job.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
right around 36 seconds it looks like the officer holding the tazer came up and gave him a hay-maker...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
when an officer does this to a handcuffed man, he should immediately be fired...and assualt charges brought up against him.

there is absolutely no excuse for this, this officer turned into a criminal and is just like all the other brutal punks out there. tazers are being used for torture, revenge, and sadistic pleasure. F this so-called cop. and if he isn't fired and brought up on charges, the police should have their head honcho fired and the district attorney fired as well. F these sadistic control freaks, they need to be stopped and right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Someone needs to take these boys toys away since they don't know how to play with them properly. These tasering videos are getting old. How many more before we have some kind of national standards for use? Obviously they could have handled this man easily since all 3 officers outweighed the man. Fire that cop before he kills someone.

C'mon police, can't you police your own officers? You want our respect and for us to not fear you you better clean up your act.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This stuff is just happening all the time now, they must have very stup1d cops, who keep doing this on camera. The police are always seem to get the wrong people into the job, don't they.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Originally posted by andy1033
This stuff is just happening all the time now, they must have very stup1d cops, who keep doing this on camera.

It suggests that it indeed happens all of the time. And that very few 'victims' 'complain', thereby never causing a need to review the tapes.

The obvious assumption by such officers is obviously that no one will ever ask for the tapes.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Handcuff the "Officer" somewhere on Times Square under a big screen where this video is played..

And let the Democracy be the judge

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So, where are all the COP GROUPIES now to defend them? they always find some way to say that maybe the cop was right....and how we should ignore anything a cop does because...well, because they are cops...right? Unreal. Sickening. The fact that no cop loving drones have come on and tried to defend this scumbag cop means that maybe there is no wiggle room and the cop is in fact a criminal.

2 weeks suspension for torturing a citizen? That cop should be taken out, horsewhipped, tarred and feathered, ridden out of town on a rail and dumped in a ravine for the buzzards to get sick on.

Some day we will see a group evolve in this nation that will find cops like this no matter how they hide and dispatch them to the infernal realms where they belong.Since i cannot convey my true feelings without getting in trouble here, just say that it would be a thrill to hear that this pig disappeared and was never heard from again....maybe the other cops would wake up and get the message: The PEOPLE will NOT tolerate abuse by cops..ever.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

So, where are all the COP GROUPIES now to defend them? they always find some way to say that maybe the cop was right....and how we should ignore anything a cop does because...well, because they are cops...right?

Usually that would be me. I believe in the police force. I believe in law and order, I believe in cops protecting and defending the community.

I can't defend this. The man was already handcuffed. There is no excuse for this behavior. He was detained. There is no excuse for him to have been restrained and then tazered.

I still believe in the police force of this nation, but this kind of behavior needs to be weeded out.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I remember years ago seeing the program "Cops" and thinking then how awful the down and out are treated and used for whatever entertainment value they were worth.

These dashboard movies are intended to get us all used to the fact that authorities can do what ever they please to us and we'll let it happen with little else than occasional, anonymous indignation.

Get use to this stuff...it's here to stay.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The locals at LANSING, Mich. should attend their Town Hall meetings and have Taser removed from their police force, hell everyone should do this if your cops are carrying Taser. The police has shown over and over again, they are not responsible enough to carry a Taser.

The cop that fired the Taser should be removed, not suspended for two weeks!

What is worse the cop probably doesn't think he did anything wrong! He is having the union representing him, saying he followed policy and it will protest the suspension. What kind of police union is this? He should be fired not protected by the union!!!!

WTF? Is it policy to Taser an detained person handcuffed and surrounded by three cops?

Oh! and make sure you follow the rules at your council meetings...

Man who was TASERed at council meeting speaks

[edit on 14-11-2009 by imitator]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Why in the heck didn't one of the officers catch the guy when he was falling?

I'm glad that they were responding to a domestic abuse case, but I don't understand why someone wasn't there to catch the guy if he was going to be tasered. Fainting people always fall forward.

I say crouch down if anyone has a taser pointed at them and they are already in cuffs.

He did appear to be struggling a bit during the cuffing, but was already obviously cuffed when he was tasered. Sad.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There are cops, and then there are pigs. Ignorant, obnoxious and utterly worthless Pigs. A completely useless contribution to society. If the local police had any sense of honor or 'justice', then they would haze that trash in uniform and then hick his ass out on the street.

I'm so sick of this. If some scumbag pig did this to one of my friends or a member of my family, the piece of # better move out of town asap.

top topics

join