It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 years of lip service ..... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
For the past couple of millenium it seems that mainstream religion has

paid only lip service to God's will . People are told that as long as they

appear to believe , and confess occasionally , it's all good .

... and the PTB acknowledge God , but install their own agenda , without

realising that God sees all of their machinations .

How will Jesus react when he returns , to this ongoing situation ?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
jesus will sit back, light a fag, have a beer and say,

f**k it ... like the rest of us.....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
When Jesus was on this earth did he pronounce that anyone who followed him and his teachings was a christian ???

I'm not sure that he did, besides was Jesus himself not a Jew.

I honestly feel that if you need to follow a religion then follow his teachings, don't fall for all the hype that all other religions say you need to do.

Confess to a priest ???? why God is the judge not a priest, a priest is just a human after all.

Also I am not here for an argument, this is how I see things, my own opinion.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by colec156]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, if the whole monotheistic religion is true compared to the other thousand or so worshiped through out history, then Jesus and God aren't going to really like the whole lot of the Christians. Jesus was Jewish even if he wasn't the real Messiah, if anything Christianity should not exist at all and as a result of Christians coming into the world, we have seen more blood shed to push their faith ahead of God's word. Jesus is going to kill you folks, isn't the second coming when he is supposed to come as a warrior?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Scripture

Hosea 6:1-3
Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he has torn, and he will heal us; he has smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

2nd Peter 3:8-10
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The LORD is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

But the day of the LORD will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Daniel 7:9-14
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judment was set, and the books were opened.

I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Isaiah 51:6-8
Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Hearken unto me, you that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear you not the reproach of men, neither be you afriad of their revilings. For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.

Jeremiah 31:33-34
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel: After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Thus says the LORD, which gives the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divides the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

If those ordinances depart from before me, says the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus says the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, says the LORD.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ljib777]

top topics

join