It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas the Deception

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Christmas is the retailers' dream.

It has nothing to do with Christ, after which it is named.

Christmas and Easter have lost their true meaning.

Easter is another retailers' dream.

They are all about money, and Christmas is evil because it puts so much pressure on families that are already suffering.

Every Christmas, more women and children go into shelters than at any other time of year.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by heliosprime

Christmas is the retailers' dream.
It has nothing to do with Christ, after which it is named.
Christmas and Easter have lost their true meaning.
Easter is another retailers' dream.
They are all about money, and Christmas is evil because it puts so much pressure on families that are already suffering.
Every Christmas, more women and children go into shelters than at any other time of year.

Perhaps, but I don't let that deter me from enjoying the season. We can't let the frailty of others prevent us from enjoying the spirit of the season. One can bump their charitable contributions to help ensure that all can take part.

Why is it, though, that the suffering of others doesn't seem to matter as much the rest of the year? That seems a testament to the power of Christmas to cause one to reflect upon one's own fortunes.

Ya can't fix everything, but you can do your bit, and encourage others to do so...even if only once a year.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyXlog

Originally posted by heliosprime

But “Baal” was only one of Nimrod’s many names. Another one of his names, commonly used throughout Asia Minor, was “Santa.” Langer’s An Encyclopedia of World History explains further that “Santa Claus” is a shortened form of “Saint Nicolas” or “Santa Nicolas.”

And of course S A N T A is an anagram of S A T A N.

St Nicolas led to Santa wearing a red suit and a parody of God rewarding the good - punishing the bad.

St Nick a name for the devil - also depicted in red suit.

I don't believe in any God but there sure are evil things....

Dont want to sound like i'm moching you at all but Santa was actually put in a red suit by coca cola, he was originally in a green suit.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Santa's suit wasn't always the iconic red and white. Saint Nicholas, the original model for the modern Santa Claus, wore a green suit. Popular Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly for 30 years, and along the way changed the color of his coat from tan to the now traditional red. A commonly-repeated urban legend says that the Santa outfit was changed to a red suit as part of a marketing campaign by Coca-Cola in the 1950s, but in fact Coke based their Santa image on Nast's iconic cartoons"

So maybe not for advertising but it was change by them.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
You people trying to convince me Christmas is not the birth date of the Lord God our Savior Jesus Christ have been sent by Satan himself to test my faith.

I am a christian!I don't believe our Saviour was born on dec25th.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Heres a bit more on Nimrod:

unexplainedmysteriesoftheworld.com... of-pagan-gods-were

Not sure how accurate it is,but I thought some may find it of interest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join