It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas the Deception

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The truth about christmas will shock many. In revelation the Lord specifically says he "hates" the nicolatines.

Rev 2:14,15 in speaking to the 7 churches

14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

This is a pretty strong statement from the Lord who commanded "love thy neighbor"...so why does he HATE them?

First, let’s examine what Nicolaitane means.

Nicolaitane means “a follower of Nicolas.” It originates from the Greek words, nikos meaning “conquerer” or “destroyer,” and laos, meaning “people.” The original Nicolas—Nimrod (Gen. 10:8)—was a destroyer of the people. Nicolas is merely the Greek word for Nimrod. Within two centuries after the Flood, Nimrod had conquered the people and founded man-made civilization.

While alive, Nimrod commanded his subjects to worship him in place of God. Even after his death, his followers continued to worship him as a divine heroic leader. He was called “Baal.” This name means “master” and “lord,” and is found many times in the Old Testament. This name describes the positions that Nimrod took to himself—to be considered Lord and Master of creation.

But “Baal” was only one of Nimrod’s many names. Another one of his names, commonly used throughout Asia Minor, was “Santa.” Langer’s An Encyclopedia of World History explains further that “Santa Claus” is a shortened form of “Saint Nicolas” or “Santa Nicolas.”

www.thercg.org...

All that is currently celebrated about christmas is a deception of satan.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If everyone just got one thing or two it would make for a more pleasant Christmas. Especially for those who throw away all the trash.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

But “Baal” was only one of Nimrod’s many names. Another one of his names, commonly used throughout Asia Minor, was “Santa.” Langer’s An Encyclopedia of World History explains further that “Santa Claus” is a shortened form of “Saint Nicolas” or “Santa Nicolas.”

And of course S A N T A is an anagram of S A T A N.

St Nicolas led to Santa wearing a red suit and a parody of God rewarding the good - punishing the bad.

St Nick a name for the devil - also depicted in red suit.

I don't believe in any God but there sure are evil things....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
If everyone just got one thing or two it would make for a more pleasant Christmas. Especially for those who throw away all the trash.

Completely agree. Of course everyone will be begging for a bailout after the less than steller spending spree people should be making this holiday season.

Around here everyone gets everyone else in the family a gift. Since there are 5 of us here right now, that means about 5 gifts per person, plus goodies from family members in other states. To us, Christmas has become about Christ and being with family, not spending an assload on plastic crap.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Actually, St Nicholas day is celebrated December 6th or 19th in the Julian calendar.

Christians celebrate the 25th as this is the chosen date to celebrate Jesus' birth, I say chosen because this did used to be celebrated on 6th of January if you read up on history. The date was changed to 25th when the Roman empire was switching from paganism to christianity and it was believed that that date would make the switching easier. This is why you get people who do not understand things making productions such as Zeitgiest as one example and misleading the many.

As for St Nicholas...

Some say St. Nicholas existed only in legend, without any reliable historical record. Legends usually do grow out of real, actual events, though they may be embellished to make more interesting stories. Many of the St. Nicholas stories seem to be truth interwoven with imagination. However, the following facts of the life of St. Nicholas could contain some part of historical truth. They provide a clear sense of his personal characteristics which are further elaborated in other narratives.

www.stnicholascenter.org...

The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to the those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

One story tells of a poor man with three daughters. In those days a young woman's father had to offer prospective husbands something of value—a dowry. The larger the dowry, the better the chance that a young woman would find a good husband. Without a dowry, a woman was unlikely to marry. This poor man's daughters, without dowries, were therefore destined to be sold into slavery. Mysteriously, on three different occasions, a bag of gold appeared in their home-providing the needed dowries. The bags of gold, tossed through an open window, are said to have landed in stockings or shoes left before the fire to dry. This led to the custom of children hanging stockings or putting out shoes, eagerly awaiting gifts from Saint Nicholas. Sometimes the story is told with gold balls instead of bags of gold. That is why three gold balls, sometimes represented as oranges, are one of the symbols for St. Nicholas. And so St. Nicholas is a gift-giver.

www.stnicholascenter.org...

Just some information about St Nicholas.

Christians do not celebrate St Nicholas on Christmas day and are not decieved into worshipping Santa Clause, Satan or some other thing, that is completely false for anyone who is aware of the gospel because Christmas for a Christian is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.

The exchange of gifts between friends and family symbolises the three wise men in the gospel exchanging gifts.

As for your source, this video embedded is from youtube because I cannot embedd the websites videos, buts it is contained on the same website below the video that you quote and I have linked it.

www.thercg.org...

Read the bible and understand its teachings and you can clearly see whats going on with this man. C'mon, a Christian who believes Christmas is satanic, that speaks for itself!

The clue is even there in the spelling of St Nicholas (St Nicolas?). This from the website of a man who is an editor of an international magazine and responsible for tonnes of books?

www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...
www.thercg.org...

Wonder what his bank account is sitting at right now??

Wakey, wakey!

In case you feel offended or do not understand, your alarm clock that keeps you awake is a bible which is always there for you to check if your ever listening to someones teachings.

I mean you no offence and simply want to guide you to a book that will tell you the truth, dont take my word for it or this other mans. Read the bible and if you do what it tells you, you will be able to spot false teachings.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the bible is hundred of years old, i dont think you are going to find anything that hasn't already been read. or anything secret...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
the bible is hundred of years old, i dont think you are going to find anything that hasn't already been read. or anything secret...

Just because something has been read before does not mean it has been read by you or any individual.

Who said anyone would find anything secret in a bible either, thats someones opinion if they did.

Its open to everyone but few read it, they would rather take everyone elses words for it and opinions. I guess it could be secret if you have not opened the bible and actually read it.

In a world where nobody trusts anyones statements is it not ironic that nobody reads the source in question to find out for themselves?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

uh actually millions of christians have read the bible, along with monks, nuns, jews,muslims, indians.

it has been read word for word millions of times.

i went to a christian school where we had to sing 4 to 6 hyms daily in the morning before we stared classes.

I can aslo assure you i have read the bible, i have my own.

i am an athiest.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
while not the most religious person in the world I do have a firm standing on the whole christmas season. Don't know if this like will work as that I don't do html or anything like that, but this is for all those neoyuppie, didn't get what they wanted last christmas type folk.

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/208058

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
All that is currently celebrated about christmas is a deception of satan.

...and a Merry Christmas to you, too, Sunshine!!

One of things that I like about Christmas is that it is a festival that reveals glimpses of the old religions...yule logs and trees and Black Peter...elements of the past that we rarely see since European culture became dominated by this curious Middle Eastern sect called Christianity.

Do you know that the etomological roots of the word pagan lie in the Italian (well, latinate) word 'paisan' (peasant as well)...referring to the people of the countryside as opposed to the city. They kept the old ways longer. Fascinating.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Most of what is Christmas today is Babylonian mystery religion.The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. December 25th is in the Calendar of Philocalus 354 CE, which assumed Jesus' birth to be Friday, December 25th, 1 CE. This traced to Constantine's Edict of Toleration in 313 CE, which enabled the persecuted Christians to come out of hiding. The inevitable multiculturalism caused many of the former pagan rituals to be "Christianized". Basically the same politically correct nonsense we see today.

Babylonian origins: Tammuz, the son of the first world ruler Nimrod and his queen, Semiramis, were identified with the Babylonian Sun God and worshiped during the winter solstice. Tammuz died during the winter solstice, and was worshiped by burning a log in the fireplace. The Chaldean word for infant is yule. This is the origin of the "yule log." His "rebirth" was celebrated by replacing the log with a trimmed tree the next morning. Hmmmmm a trimmed tree?

Jeremiah 10 : Idols and the Living God

Hear the word that the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus says the Lord:

“Learn not the way of the nations,

nor be dismayed at the signs of the heavens

because the nations are dismayed at them,

for the customs of the peoples are vanity.

A tree from the forest is cut down

and worked with an axe by the hands of a craftsman.

They decorate it with silver and gold;

they fasten it with hammer and nails

so that it cannot move.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Typical attack the messanger for those who are ignorant of the truth and live in the land of lies. Pack sources his information can you? Somehow youtube is the ark of truth?

There are many other sources other than Pack.

www.keyofdavid.com...

and

For nearly all honest theologians and historians freely acknowledge that Christmas and Easter were injected into "Christianity" many years after the death of the original Apostles! Under the article "Christmas," the Encyclopædia Britannica states: "in the Christian Church, the festival of the nativity of Jesus Christ. The history of this feast coheres so closely with that of Epiphany (q.v.), that what follows must be read in connection with the article under that heading…. The great church adopted Christmas much later than Epiphany; and before the 5th century there was no general consensus of opinion as to when it should come in the calendar, whether on the 6th of January, or the 25th of March, or the 25th of December…. In 1644 the English puritans forbade any merriment or religious services by act of Parliament, on the ground that it was a heathen festival, and ordered it to be kept as a fast. Charles II revived the feast, but the Scots adhered to the Puritan view" (vol. 6, 11th ed., pp. 293–294).
The Catholic Encyclopedia tells us: "Christmas was not among the earliest festivals of the Church. Irenaeus and Tertullian omit it from their lists of feasts; Origen, glancing perhaps at the discreditable imperial Natalitia, asserts (in Lev. Hom. viii in Migne, P.G., XII, 495) that in the Scriptures sinners alone, not saints, celebrate their birthday…. In England, Christmas was forbidden by Act of Parliament in 1644; the day was to be a fast and a market day; shops were compelled to be open; plum puddings and mince pies condemned as heathen. The conservatives resisted; at Canterbury blood was shed; but after the Restoration Dissenters continued to call Yuletide ‘Fooltide’" (vol. 3, pp. 724, 728).

www.tomorrowsworld.org...

These are full of sourced facts..........and you source "youtube"....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why is Satan being associated with Santa and Christmas? analysis and study always brings out the real meaning of these things, but if you look in the wrong places, then you will only end up brainwashed with falsehoods and lies.

It's a fact that a lot of the days used by certain faiths, are in fact taken from Pagan days of celebration and ceremony, days celebrating changes in season, gifts from Nature, and as for Santa, a tradition from the tribesmen of the Siberia region.

A thread I created over a year ago explains most of it, if you want to know some truth that is, Satan is a form of control, a way of instilling fear , be a good boy or your going to hell, Why would any God condemn his creation to an eternal existence of suffering? is not God about Love? yet the creator is used to scare the crap out of people to fall into line, CONTROL.

The true origin of Santa Clause Hallucinogenic Fungus & Pagan Tradition

Steal their belief, change it a little, then condemn them as Evil and of Satan, when in truth there is more Love in Pagan tradition, than there is in the little finger of the modern interpretation.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yeah you are right on this one. Easter = Ishtar the Babylonian fertility goddess, and most of the Christmas traditions are Babylonian as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyXlog
So, does that mean that only the English speaking people were "deceived by Satan" in the way they celebrate Christmas?

In Portuguese, for example, we don't have "Santa", we have "Pai Natal", and if you can turn that into Satanás maybe I will look more into that theory.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by MyXlog
So, does that mean that only the English speaking people were "deceived by Satan" in the way they celebrate Christmas?

In Portuguese, for example, we don't have "Santa", we have "Pai Natal", and if you can turn that into Satanás maybe I will look more into that theory.

Since Pai natal is a transliteration of St Nicolas in portugese, the essential meaning stays the same as in the OP.

just hit the translate button on the google of Pai natal....

História do Pai Natal - [ Translate this page ]O Pai Natal ( também chamado St Nicholas, St Nick ou Santa Claus), assim reza a história, visita todas as casas na noite de Natal descendo pela chaminé para ...

www.cabanavc.com...

translate.google.com...://www.cabanavc.com/painatal.html&ei=ANj_SsGKJoL9nAfT-vGXCw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum =9&ved=0CCEQ7gEwCA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpai%2Bnatal%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7TSHB_en

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You people trying to convince me Christmas is not the birth date of the Lord God our Savior Jesus Christ have been sent by Satan himself to test my faith.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
the perfect video in time for the holidays:

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No, Pai Natal is not a transliteration, it's a different name, meaning Father Christmas, for a (slightly) different character.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Oohh Ha ha ha (in the classic master villain laugh) yeah

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Epsillion70]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join