It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footprints In My Yard

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Could be an SW - Ya never know.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you for your assessment. My schedule has been crazy lately and I regret not returning sooner. I'm thrilled to hear from an animal tracker!!!!

There are lots of squirrels in Rochester, Minnesota. Especially where the photos were taken because about half of a block behind the house (in the photo), there flows a good sized river. There's an old walnut tree in the backyard...it's very large and lots of animals flock around it and climb all over it.

A marmot lived beneath the back porch every winter. He never bothered anyone so I didn't mind. There were bats living in the attic.

I took these photos the winter of 2006 and I am very sorry now that I never measured the tracks nor the spaces between them. I have no idea how deep the snow was because stupid me didn't measure that either.

I did attempt to follow the tracks but I couldn't pick them up at either end.

Thanks! And happy tracking to you too!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes I realize that footprints made in snow like the snow in the photos will end up greater that the objects that made them. I've seen rabbit and squirrel prints on many occasion in my lifetime and I have never once felt the need to take photos of them.

And the reason that I did take photos of them is because I wanted to know why there were perfect little circles in the snowprints. There are three of them in each complete print. Unfortunately that fact is not clear in the photos that I took.

My opinion is that the prints begin at the sidewalk and end at the house and so their fronts are pointed toward the house. There are two circles in front of each print and one in the rear of each print. But regardless of the direction of the prints, there were three circles or circular indentions in each print.

To my knowledge, there is no animal, small or large, that has perfectly round pads or toes or anything that precise on their feet. And that is why I took the photos. I thought it was either a hoax or something very strange.

It took me about 31/2 years to finally come up with a workable theory of how the prints were made. My opinion is that they are part hoax and part the real thing. I'll explain soon.

I owe replies first. They're overdue.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Antoniastar]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I don't know how deep the snow was, I wish I did.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Like I said before, I think a highly intelligent animal made the footprints look like a rabbit or some other common creature.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by triaxrob

I understand your logic and I would be happy to throw some lettuce out there to entice the neighborhood rabbits, but I wish you could of been at the scene of the prints in person. You would have witnessed the perfect circles in the prints. They reminded me of something mechanical. And they were not large enough to be the rubber stoppers that they put on the bottom of crutches.

Anyone walking by(on the public sidewalk) or even up to the front porch of the house most likely wouldn't have paid any attention to the prints (unless they were trackers maybe) because you couldn't see the circular marks from the side...

You had to be standing next the them and looking down into them. I was curious about them because I lived in that big house....

Alone.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for posting the "Monty Python Bunny Scene", that's omg hilarious!!! LOL Wow I wouldn't want to cross hairs with that wittle white bunny wabbit.

And FYI, no offense taken. Actually I do get out and observe nature. I walk a lot. Besides, I'm an artist with an eye for detail.

What I saw that day was no rabbit tracks. I am so sure about it that I'd bet the bunny farm, if I had one.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

Speaking of "hopping down the bunny trail", thanks for reminding me. The rabbits that I've seen take off, don't hop in a straight line.

They either zig-zag in a forward direction or they veer sharply to the left or right and hightail it the other way.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Its a snow frog of doom.

I dunno but i see a frog in those pics or more of a toad given the size.

A frog or a toad? I hadn't thought of that. Interesting. But, to my knowledge, there wasn't any frogs in the area.

Unless someone's pet frog escaped or one fell from the sky.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

That must be one HEAVY rappit.
Look how deep the tracks are!

Yes maxxsee!!! That is exactly what I'm thinking. The tracks are deep! The snow isn't powder, it had been there for awhile. It had a hardened layer on the top, not ice but a snow crust.

By the depth of the prints you'd think that the "rabbit" would have to be heavy or hop super high or both.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
THOSE ARE WHITETAIL DEER FOOTPRINTS.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

EXACTLY! its a frog, dude. they jump straight as hell when they need to..case solved.

haha! Yeah especially if they're jumping out of a pot of hot water!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Could be an SW - Ya never know.

What is an SW?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Native American folklore... just click on the link, it will give you a Wiki overview.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Oh yeah okay duh! I didn't notice that the "SW" was a link. So SW means Skin-walker, I see..I did not know that. I wonder why I've never heard of that before? Hmm. Will give it more attention as soon as I can.

I confess, don't know much about Native American Folklore.

Sounds like some intense stuff, betcha I could dig some sci-fi story outta that for my current writing project.

Think ....the Catwoman meets An American Werewolf in London and has babies with mad Salt Lake City Mormons.

Course um, according to the Skin-walker tradition, my new character couldn't be a witch ... because she wouldn't be childless. Oh well. Whatever, I could work around that somehow.

"A skinwalker is usually described as naked, except for an animal skin. Some Navajos describe them as a mutated version of the animal in question. The skin may just be a mask, like those which are the only garment worn in the witches' song."

en.wikipedia.org...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Is that why natives wear masks and boar heads and animal skins and dance around the fire?? Omg I can't believe I didn't make the connection to SW's. Wow.

Anyway thanks again for sharing.

Catwoman
bensbreakfastblog.files.wordpress.com...

Clips from An American Werewolf in London - WARNING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE
www.youtube.com...
An American Werewolf in London - the full moon transformation scene - WARNING: NUDITY
www.youtube.com...

Real Mormon History
www.realmormonhistory.com...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by Antoniastar]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Speaking of animal mutations...

I said that I would be back to explain my line of reasoning as to the mysterious footprints.

It took me about 31/2 years to piece together a workable theory of how the snowprints came to be:

They are part hoax and part real thing.

The story is about to get scary.

I think a highly intelligent animal made the footprints look like a rabbit or some other common creature.

A raptor-type creature with talons and wings wearing snowshoes who is very playful and likes to joke around. Could such an intelligence create a scene to look like a hoax?

Try that one on for size.

An intelligent mutant could have glided over the snow crust with one foot tucked up under its belly.

Picture this: Who's gonna notice in a middle-of-the-night or early morning fog?

The circular marks in each print could not have been made by anything biological. In my estimate, they are of a mechanical origin.

I think the creature of the night is bionic and interdimensional.

Enter conspiracy: A cover-up. If such a creature existed, and a certain group of spies were watching the creature's effects very closely, but haven't been able to provide hardcore evidence for, the raptor is going to make sure and wear his snowshoes when hopping on one foot through my yard at night.

That would solve that tracking problem.

Go go Gadget!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You know, after giving these prints more thought, something dawned on me.

The thing that really bothered me was the single file of the snow prints. Now this is pure conjecture on my part but what if the mystery printer had one foot in our dimension and the other in another dimension.

Maybe the print maker was partly invisible and/or in the 3rd dimension at the same time being in the 4th, 5th or 6th dimension? I believe the latter three dimensions comprise the second of five densities making up a total of 15 dimensions, according to the Keylontic Dictionary.

www.keylonticdictionary.org...

But why?????? Well I thought of that too. Maybe the creature was trying to tell me something or, more precisely, show me something.

Anyway it sounds cool. lol

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Antoniastar]

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Looks like (classic) big whitetail hoofy-prints on your lawn.

Keep your eyes open for a beautiful sight - if you're lucky enough to see one

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7fb41e7bd3d5.jpg[/atsimg]

See!

peace

[edit on 27-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
THAT IS DEFINITELY NOT A RABBIT. Rabbits leave two small prints for the front feet that are slightly oval followed by two for the rear feet that are far more elongated.

Rabbit tracks.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No offense but that doesn't look like fresh powder. And with the temp in Minnesota in the winter a rabbit or squirell couldn't make those tracks. It's a whitetail deer. A young one but a whitetail deer. As an avid hunter who has tracked these animals in the snow, I know what a deer track looks like. And I also know what kind of weight it would take to make a track of that depth in the Minnesota winter snow.

o% chance of a creature under 40 lbs making that track. It's a deer. Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join