It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else been born "awake"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsusana
reply to post by DarkStar86

Check out the David Icke videos on here, that will explain it all. Tell everyone you know about these videos, they are spot on!!!!!!!!!! YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW RIGHT HE IS

I used to think maybe I was David Icke's only fan because he was so ridiculed for speaking the truth. I have been a reader of his material since 1989 when I first was introduced to "Robot's Rebellion", and then read "And The Truth Shall Set You Free".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I wasn't born awake.
I was always different though.
Went through a lot of pain and hardships, still do.
Don't know what my mission is, I'm hoping to someday know.
I don't have any special abilities, I think I might be a little bit more intuitive than most.

I really do feel like an old soul, I can't prove it but I just "know" it.
I even have another perspective of time than most others, maybe being an old soul could explain that.
People say things like: "that was so long ago" and everytime I feel as though it was fairly recent.. don't know what that is all about.

I feel like, either I was a dictator or someone really bad in an earlier life, and that's why I'm going through such hardships in this life.
OR, I chose to reincarnate in this life so I could advance as fast as possible..
That's what something inside of me is saying at least.

What I've really learned this far though, is that I actually know nothing.
Awakening shattered all my illusions and now the world is this bizarre mess where everything is possible and nothing is for certain.

I really do long for peace.
Peace!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yes I was, especially noticed it early on in school, noticed subtle things going on that most kids over looked, tack on about 10-15 different schools through my child hood, 4 different highschools, I think that also let me see alot of different things but yeah from a early age.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness. - Questioned that and was ridiculed for it so I left it.

Had friends all around me that were 'Christians' and went to church- I went a couple times and got kicked out of Sunday school for asking a question the preacher could not answer. So, I left that.

Always been looking up to the sky, since I can remember I have had a fascination and obsession with space.

Had Dreams of Space and Aliens since the age of about 4/5 ( & no I did not watch ET, my Jehovah's Witness family would not allow it)

Always had a fascination for Egypt & Ancient civilizations....

Always felt like life was incomplete & that something is seriously wrong-even as a small child.

Always felt I don't fit in & that no one understands.

Suppose that's why I found this site!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zosomike

I feel that I 'know' something of great importance...I just can't recall it.

Hmmm....Now you're talking. Can definitely say I feel the same,(that sounds so cliche,lol) & it's actually quite frustrating to me when people don't understand this. So, I just keep it to myself, as I'm sure many others do.

Hope you find your way!
And welcome, I'm sure you will make for interesting reading and discussion.

J x

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Every time I read this thread I notice I've more similarities with everybody, but I do not go with the old sould hypothesis. I've never believed on a soul, though I say the term has something to do with the conscience. I think that's how it works, I think it is directly related to the brain.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

"Although it is not well known, the heart sends far more information to the brain the brain sends to the heart and the signals the heart sends to the brain can influence perception, emotional processing and higher cognitive functions.

The heart also generates the strongest rhythmic electromagnetic field in the body and this actually can be measured in the brain waves of people around us.

We are quite literally, an expression of our highest cognitive function.

Research shows that our hearts field changes distinctly as we experience different emotions. It is registered in peoples brains around us and is apparently capable of affecting cells, water and DNA studies in vitro." - Snippet from Kymatica that I typed out for you. Hope you found it interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you.

Yes, it was, indeed, interesting to read. I didn't know the heart was able to do that. Star and flag, as you requested.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
yes. I rember being a baby, before I could talk, and so often thinking things like "WHY do these adults continually lie to their babies??? Do they really think I don't know they are lying?"

It was the same with Santa, christmas, their cheating on each other, alcoholism, telling me there was no creator, everything...

Once I could talk and tell them these things, well, it wasn't pretty...they still dread for me to open my mouth about anything....they are infuriated that I won't lie to my own child about so much baloney like this as well.....

I am STILL baffled! lol

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Actually, every single human being is born "awake" ...

Then the conditioning and the thinking kicks in and layer upon layer of information gets piled up to obscure all the knowledge we already have.

Hopefully that realization happens sooner rather than later and the peeling process can begin. But as far as being "awake," that very concept itself has to be peeled/discarded along with all the rest.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

hmmmmm, some good points, very true.

I just wonder why so many would stop listening to themselves, or why they would "forget" later on in life???

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think everyone is born awake.

Why do you think they spend so much time, money and energy trying to lull us to sleep and keep us there?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zosomike
I've grown up always thinking a different way from most, if not all the people around me.
Only now do I realise that it was because I was probably born awake.
I've realised that the way I felt was just a knowledge of the real facts.

I've also felt alot 'older' that my body actually is.

I would like to hear if anyone has that feeling too...

Hi Zoso... yes! When I was a child I remember thinking how annoying it was waiting for my physical body to catch up to my mind!! Felt like I was biding my time till they synched and I'm not a very patient humanoid! lol

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think you hit this nail on the head. I was having problems with the nature of the questioned posed, but loved the thread it spawned. I agreed with most of the sentiments: remembering being very young, feeling like an outsider, accomplishing much in early years, etc.
And I didn't think it was meant as a question about remembering the birth canal

I think the question leads to "how many of us can remain awake."

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Dromadus]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

There's a question I have to ask. Do you remember thinking about those words without a learnt language? I mean, if you know what you're thinking it's cause you have a language you can speak.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Personally i don't think i can relate to many people here. I've never felt like i can read peoples souls or remember my birth let alone anything under 5 yrs old. but i have felt older than i look but thats probably because of all the knowledge and experience i've had thus far in my life. Does this mean i was born asleep? what does it mean to be born awake anyway? what if your born angry or sad due to previous life. What if your born unborn? certain knowledge you should know is waiting in the deep crevices of your mind only to be awakened later maybe? i'm just thinking too much

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't know if there's such a thing as awake, or simply being aware that we are asleep.

In other words, some of us simply started questioning reality earlier than others, for whatever reason. Among my earliest memories are thoughts about who I was before I was born, a flip side of reality with people watching us, and the fear death.

I wasn't raised remotely religious, so I have no idea why I thought about these things.

I also believe that growing up in an abusive household led me early on to question the 'meaning of it all', and to think, 'things as they are, make no sense - we surely can't be born to only suffer, so there must be 'more' to this life".

I've had all kinds of interesting experiences in this world, but am I awake?

I doubt it. I just know that it's a dream.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror

There's a question I have to ask. Do you remember thinking about those words without a learnt language? I mean, if you know what you're thinking it's cause you have a language you can speak.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

Well, yes, because when they came in and told me BS, I allways knew what they were saying was BS, so I understood their language.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

it seems a lot of us early awakers have suffered child abuse.....mabey that is part of it...mabey we need spiritual help earlier, so we see more, earlier, where as some people who have it good don't need to ask for the clarity just yet??

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think there's definitely something to that, mellisa, although I didn't directly experience the intervention of 'spirit' until I was a little older. Early twenties. Yet as I say that, I am reminded of certain dreams I had as a youngster, which drew for me a vision of a better possible future, and implanted in me the idea that there were "helpers" looking out for me, who had total faith that I would get through it all.

Mainly, as an earlier poster said, I believe it has something to do with an early obsession, an early imperative, to ask the question, "WHY". WHY is this happening to me? WHY won't anybody help me? WHY won't it stop? And that habit, asking why, becomes essential to our nature. I ask it all the time, to the point of infuriating people. I question everything, most especially myself, and my own ideas. If you grow up in a situation of pain, shrouded by denial, it makes you hunger for the truth in a very profound way. That desire to know 'why' has become my mantra, my mission.

I think that I eventually got a peek behind the curtain primarily because I was looking to get backstage. And as you say, others, who have more joy and connectedness in this world, might not have the same motivation.

Somebody once said, you can choose the path or wisdom, or you can choose the path of happiness, but you can not travel both.

So I suppose I struck out for truth. But you know what? Lately, I feel more and more like there IS NO TRUTH. As Robert Anton Wilson said, "Once you contact Big Mind, even briefly, most of "metaphysics" and most of "materialism" seem rather unreal and beside the point. "

What do I mean by that? I mean that I have equal appreciation for spirit, and science, and refuse to believe that there is any contradiction at the root of it all, between the two. It is only our limits of comprehension that render it so. I've had spiritual experiences that have left me profoundly touched, and profoundly confused - erased any notion of sureness I ever had about any belief I ever held.... and I've been able to use science to help people's lives as a behavioral therapist. Science is constantly reminding us, through it's methods of testing and retesting, that certainty is folly. A true seeker, of any kind, is never satisfied, and is always open to new information.

Why did I take that little tangent..... I suppose because I anticipate I'll aggravate people here, and run afoul of the moderators with my habit of perpetual interrogation. I hope not. I care about many of the same issues. I just have my own way of getting at truth I can trust.

Dunno.

But thanks for the reply.

peace.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join