It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS too pro-revenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Most people here seem to believe in doing to others what they do to you, I've noticed. Some don't, but it seems to be the minority, maybe 30%?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I've always found most people on this site to be rather primitive in a critical thinking sense.

No offense.

I just see most people as... flawed... and showing the disposition of less growth... in both belief factors and how they would show justice among others.

I guess that's what you have to endure when you come to sites like this. I suppose it would be crazy to expect that... even 95% of people here fall under the normal intelligence level of being about to find America on the map ( and even then most of them will argue that it isn't America because it's upside down or inverted).

But hey! Nobody will argue because they aren't SHEEPLE who agree with the mainstream.

It almost makes me sick, to be sure -- and I'll be questioned by them why I am here if I believe that.

Not to insult them! I'm sure they could find Alien Bases on the moon, in Nevada, and on Mars if anyone asked!

Shoot, how many people can find towers that suck your soul on the moon after you die vs. who could describe the chemical process that the sun goes through to turn hydrogen into helium as simple as it is?

They'd probably even tell me to "Go away" because of this because they aren't even open enough as other liberal sites to accept people who don't agree with them...

I've had threads erased because of such things as questioning why there aren't a majority of black and married couples who have been abducted by aliens.

Go figure. Why am I here? Because I feel like it.

Is that a crime to the believers?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For a site that is ultimately geared towards the alternative news and conspiracy angle, there do seem to be quite a few people on here who just take the mainstream or government view on a lot of issues, without applying any critical thinking or analysis. That surely defeats the whole idea of the site and membership?

Some people will doubt the moon landings and argue 'til hell freezes over that it was a Psy-op and cover-up, but will accept their government's line entirely on the reasons for us being in Iraq and Afghanistan, cheering on the detruction and loss of life from the comfort of their living room without once questioning. After all, that would just be downright unpatriotic... wouldn't it?

I always get the impression that, on some subjects, a lot of people will automatically just follow the herd and are scared to step out of line and question the official version of events. Even if they do secretly harbour nagging questions, to air them would be viewed as perhaps social suicide.

I personally feel a lot of this is down to nothing but conditioning. Some topics are just off limits to a lot of people and must never be questioned.

join