It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps You're a Racist!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
...But you're probably not!

Hokay, we all love those creepy internet "tests" eh? Well, I managed to annoyingly get one sent to me. I thought I'd open 'er up and have some fun.

It was a somewhat confusing affair, and I'm still highly confused by it now.

Here's the link:
Race Preference Test

Just follow the instructions. Upon finishing the test you'll probably encounter a form asking you to fill in details for creepy researches. Don't fill in the forms and just click "Ok". You'll end up with your result, and that's the end of the quiz. I ended up with a neutral result. Hooray!

Share your results, your thoughts, your lunch etc. This is only an internet test so of course don't look into it too much. Just have some fun.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

I didn't like the way the est was presented, at first. I felt it was almost encouraging racism but then it switched. A few adjustments and you could use the test for brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm A few adjustments and you could use the test for brainwashing.

I thought the same thing. Like that movie "Clockwork Orange" only with race instead of violence.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Yeah. I fully agree with that. It felt almost a little sinister to start off with. Perhaps it's the black background that seems to bring about a somewhat "off balance" feeling. Plus, you find yourself just hitting two keys as fast as you can, seeing a blur of faces on screen, and a bunch of positive and negative words.

It's really quite creepy. I wonder if just taking that test just subconciously skewed my perspective on whites and blacks.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
my results;Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.
I'm European American

[edit on 13-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think everyone should designate their race so we can see if black people are accused of favoring Europeans.Also if a black person favors blacks wouldn't that make them a racist?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have a riddle;
If your Italian when you are in the kitchen,what are you when your in the bathroom?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
if i dont like kfc i dont like it leave me alone.

i aint a raceist .

but if some one dont like something its his right aint it ,just leave em be . you carnt make some one feel guilty or behave another way they will bottle it up and take it home it is unfair be it about gaymen /jews or muslims /christians each to there own this is diversity but is diversity in feeling and thought you carnt change it ,unless you can reprograme people even if you get rid of them to say an island ,
more will be born even if you remove all people who wont eat broccoli ther re people who love it..and more will be born..
round were i live we dont like people from towns a few miles away cauuse they eat pies . hence pieeaters against lobbygobblers sure some one on hear knows.. but we dont kill each other we call em behind there backs . its human 101 .
like the stuppid wiganer or the mickey mouser .
raceism is just the same

am i way off

[edit on 11/13/2009 by dashar]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
For thousands of years tribes of different colors/beliefs have been discriminated against. It's nothing new. And those who can't get over past injustices are keeping the circle of hatred alive.

You have to focus on the good people in this life. Realize that to hate a group because they hate you IS discrimination.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I think everyone should designate their race so we can see if black people are accused of favoring Europeans.Also if a black person favors blacks wouldn't that make them a racist?

That would be interesting to say the least.
I really hope my brain is OK after taking that test. Can't be worse than watching T.V. right?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My results are as follows: Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

I am a bi racial female. I am considered african american by most of society although I dont identify with blacks, whites nor native americans solely. I identify with being mixed. My black friends do not consider me black and my white friends consider me either black or mixed.

As far as the quiz...um...doesnt matter to me. I could care less what my or anyother persons racial preference is. Opens the door to arguments.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am a european descent female and the test showed I have a moderate preference for europeans.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I have a riddle;
If your Italian when you are in the kitchen,what are you when your in the bathroom?

Well endowed?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
am i way off

Being that this thread isn't one accusing anyone of being a racist, and being that it's somewhat meant to be a thread that's a little more lighthearted than most, I'd say so!

But it's cool. I mean, if anyone here wants to debate race, too, go for it!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

your a peein=European

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm thinking that most anyone could devise a test like this one to deliver a predetermined result.

Seriously, just have two rubber balls, one green and one blue. The task is to click the mouse when one and/or the other pass through a small circle on the screen.

Ooops! You missed half the blue ones but only a few of the green ones. You are predisposed prejudice against smurfs but show a racial bias in favor of frogs.

Like, why not just stick a ring through our noses and lead us around the stockyard?

EDIT- Typos

[edit on 13-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Oh. I guess I was really off with my answer then.

top topics

join