It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dunce in the Corner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have noticed that a few people have been banned lately, like Plucky and the cowman.

In spite of good reputation of some, an inappropriate remark sometimes slips through the fingertips.

My question is...if someone is banned is it a time out for a certain duration? Is it permanent? What do they have to do to be reinstated?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Depends on what they did and the severity of it i assume. I got a warn and a 3 day ban because i stood up to a super moderator. Thats me though, i dont take kindly to athority figures, never have.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yep, it certainly does depend on what the nature of the T & C breach it is. It also depends on your track record too.

Dont take it out on the mods though, they are just doing what moderators are supposed to do, and thats making sure things are within the site rules

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I think i have a pretty decent track record so far, but ill assure you i will not mess with a mod again, unless i have undeniable proof they are abusing there status as a mod.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was banned for "reckless levity" for about two weeks. I still don't understand what that means. I had to post in the complaints section and asked 3 or 4 times to be "reinstated". I had never had a warning either. I am in touch with the mod who banned me so I can learn from my mistake.

'

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We do not discuss active or banned members:

Why we do not discuss banned or fellow members

But you may want to check out the following threads:

If You Have Been Post Banned

How Not To Be Banned From ATS

Follow ATS T&C and you should have nothing to worry about.

If you have some issues or concerns, please always use the ATS Complain/Suggestion.

Staff is always willing to work with members!

[edit on November 13th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Not to cause waves or anything, but a ban doesn't prevent someone from making a new account.

Used to be that, to prevent spyware / spybot programs, ATS required all members to have a paid email account and not a free one like yahoo or google... that was also a good way to stop people from creating new accounts here, because that person's email would still be the same.

However, since things have changed, and free emails are allowed, I honestly can't see how a banned person can't get back on.

Unless they're in this for the points or to stroke their own ego. With the one, they'l be sorely peeved to start from scratch and just won't do it, or the way they conduct themselves on the board will be as they behaved before, and as such, will be recognized, and probably be removed again.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Never heard of that one. I did a search on that word, and nothing comes up, no definiton at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
We do not discuss active or banned members:

Why we do not discuss banned or fellow members

But you may want to check out the following threads:

If You Have Been Post Banned

How Not To Be Banned From ATS

Follow ATS T&C and you should have nothing to worry about.

If you have some issues or concerns, please always use the ATS Complain/Suggestion.

Staff is always willing to work with members!

[edit on November 13th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

I dont think the op was trying to get a discussion about banned or active members.(not discussing active members dosent make sense to me as it happens all the time.) Anyway, whats wrong with asking if sombody that is banned cant somehow be reinstated?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Please refer to greeneyedleo's post.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join