It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion about myATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In many forums there is a way to reach a specific post, as each post has a number. Some threads become very long, very fast, and its hard to always remember where one posted in a certain thread.

Is there any way to implement an option where I can return to my last post in a thread, so I can see who, if anyone, has responded to me, without having to spend tons of time searching each page to look for where I last posted in a thread?

If there's no option, have you ever considered making one to make using ATS more user friendly?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Flagged... will be watching for a good answer to a question I have also wondered about.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When you're in your profile click on the Posts link at the top to bring up all your posts. In the far right column you'll notice a link that takes you to your posts "in thread." When you click that, it will bring up all your posts in that thread.

Likewise in the same Posts page, you can click on a link under the "Single" column, and that will bring up the individual post in a thread.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Toromos]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The problem is that it doesn't take you to the post in the thread with all the other posts. It either takes you to the single post, which is good for referencing yourself in previous threads. Or it takes you to a list of all posts you have made.

This is different than being taken to page 7 of 21 where you last posted, and being able to read the thread from where you last partook of it and see what everyone else has posted, which is what I'm wondering about.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I don't think that is exactly the format that the OP is looking for here.

He seems to be asking if your last post was on page 36 (of an 80 page thread) that he would like to go to his last post on page 36 and read from there. An understandable request as often times in a large thread it is hard to remember which page you last posted on, especially if the thread is receiving lots of replies quickly.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

Gotcha. One possible work around would be to click the In Thread link I noted above. Go to your last post, (or whatever one you're interested in) and in the header of that post you'll see something like:

posted on 11/13/2008 @ 6:55pm single this post

If you click "this post", it will then take you to the original thread, and bring up your post in the context of the continuing thread. A little wonky but it works for me.

[edit on 11/13/2009 by Toromos]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Although I am not familiar with the forum code, it looks like the problem is that when we are reading a thread the forum code "needs" to know in which page that post is (probably to make it faster).

Using something like the "this post" link on our posts list could solve the problem, but I don't know if there are any technical problems with implementing that system.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

+1 from me.

I actually asked for the same feature a good while back.
It would be awesome to be able to mark "last read post", or "bookmark post of interest" to be able to go back and continue from there in a big thread.

So not specifically my posts, but any post in a thread.

new topics

top topics

join