It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis Want a Pain Ray of Their Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Israelis Want a Pain Ray of Their Own

www.wired.com

The U.S. military spent tens of millions of dollars and years of work developing a microwave “pain beam,” but a combination of technical difficulties and political concerns kept the Pentagon from fielding the thing. Now, an Israeli team says they’re working on their own own portable version. And it’ll cost just $250,000.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Okay, firstly I want to say that besides the potential to be used against other human beings, this is cool!

I'd never heard of this "System 2" Gun, but sure enough, here is a report from Fox News about the Pentagon refusing requests for its use!

Saddam Hussein had been gone just a few weeks, and U.S. forces in Fallujah, west of Baghdad, were already being called unwelcome invaders. One of the first big anti-American protests of the war escalated into shootouts that left 18 Iraqis dead and 78 wounded.

Military leaders repeatedly and urgently requested — and were denied — the device, which uses energy beams instead of bullets and lets soldiers break up unruly crowds without firing a shot.

The Active Denial System is a directed-energy device, although it is not a laser or a microwave. It uses a large, dish-shaped antenna and a long, V-shaped arm to send an invisible beam of waves to a target as far away as 500 yards.

Again, I know this is a weapon, but it's still pretty cool, and has to be better than getting a round in the butt?

I guess the Pentagon's refusal came down to cost, effectiveness, political repercussions and human rights issues. (read the full story from Fox!)

I wonder if Israel will have any qualms about using it on Palestinians? (Not an anti Israel comment, just an honest question!)

But like I said before, it has to be better than being shot, and their version will not be as powerful as the US one.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I recall some time traveller that posted on 4chan to mention that "the whole middle east was under micro wave/pain beam" or something like that.

Perhaps he was from the future

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

they only spent 10's of millions spread out over many years?

Wow - that is CHEAP by U.S. Military standards!

And it works?

I am, seriously! impressed.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well, it seems to me if they can use this system on Hamas/Hezbolla terrorists, they may not have to shoot them dead.

Seems like a kinder, gentler form of getting rid of terrorists from do their terror actions.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by kiwifoot

they only spent 10's of millions spread out over many years?

Wow - that is CHEAP by U.S. Military standards!

And it works?

I am, seriously! impressed.

I don't think they've built it, but have the know how apparently.

I get the feeling this piece is more to highlight the US version than tyhe Israeli one in the pipeline.

The PDF linked in the story is pretty lame!

new topics

top topics

join