It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Marshals serve notice to Potomac Islamic school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com

Three armed U.S. Marshals delivered notices initiating possible seizure proceedings against the Islamic Education Center in Potomac on Friday morning as authorities moved against properties tied to a New York foundation they say has links to the Iranian government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.latimes.com

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Three armed U.S. Marshals delivered notices initiating possible seizure proceedings against the Islamic Education Center in Potomac on Friday morning as authorities moved against properties tied to a New York foundation they say has links to the Iranian government.
This Story

Prosecutors tie Iran, U.S. assets

Two marshals entered the school about 9:30 a.m. as children played in a large hall set up for an open house planned for later in the day. A third marshal, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the documents delivered were related to possible forfeiture proceedings. They also drove to a white brick house next door and taped a manila envelope to the front door.

A man at the Islamic Education Center who said he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school would not reveal his name and declined to answer questions. He directed all inquiries to the New York-based lawyers for the Alavi Foundation, which U.S. authorities say they have suspected of being a possible Iranian front for decades.

A call to the foundation's lawyer, John D. Winter, was not immediately returned.

Residents who live near the school described a community that mostly keeps to itself but is gracious in its limited interactions with the neighborhood. When a recent holiday clogged streets with parked cars, the mosque delivered fruit and nut baskets to houses afterward with notes of apology, neighbors said.
ad_icon

"It's been a peaceful coexistence," said Lisa Hall, who lives down Jeb Stuart Road from the school's back entrance. "There have never been any issues."

She said that her main interaction with them had been shortly after the 9/11 attacks, when they held an open house for the community and talked about tolerance with a nearby synagogue. "They don't cause anybody any problems," said Marian Nathan, another neighbor.

None of the properties has been formally seized. Rather, prosecutors are formally starting the process of forfeiture, which a court must recognize. Yusill Scribner, a spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office, stressed on Thursday that the proceedings would not affect tenants and occupants of the properties and that "there are no allegations of any wrongdoing on the part of any of these tenants or occupants."

Prosecutors filed a civil complaint in federal court seeking the forfeiture of hundreds of millions of dollars in assets held by the Alavi Foundation and another company allegedly used as a front by Iran. Besides the school in Potomac, the complaint also targets a Manhattan skyscraper and Islamic centers in California, Queens, N.Y., and Houston. Approximately 100 acres are being targeted in the Catharpin area in Prince William.

Hhmm...seems like somethings are going on, earlier 3 mosques were closed and now children's school. I wonder why the closed the school where children's were studying.

Here is Iran's response:

The announcement received a cold response from Iranian officials. Tehran's Interim Friday Prayers Leader, Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati, said the country "will not accept US conditions and drop its rights."

"We cannot show the green light to the US officialdom and forfeit [our rights] as a pathetic last resort," said Ayatollah Jannati, who also chairs the influential Guardian Council.

Ayatollah Jannati cited Washington's destructive role in the past and present as the first reason to “keep up the fight” against the US government.

"What do you think it means when the US Congress allocates more than USD 55 million to destabilize the Iranian government. It shows that they have no good intentions towards Iran, and constantly want to engage in enmity," he said.

Iran shrugs off 'another year of US sanctions'

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So this is already getting messy? By the time the media and the White House are done spinning this, your average American will think that Iran was building an entire army of al-Qaida / Taliban / Terrorists right on Fifth Avenue, Manhattan.

The buildings remained open and were continuing to operate as usual.

"There are no allegations of any wrongdoing on the part of any of these tenants or occupants," said Yusill Scribner, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York in a written statement. "The tenants and occupants remain free to use the properties as they have before today's filing."

Link: www.cnn.com...

I believe the truth will be found somewhere in the middle. I'm sure that the occupants of said buildings are going to claim that they are being questioned, removed, harrassed, etc. And i'm just as sure that the US position is going to be that nothing is being done to the inhabitants, just the owners.

Keep in mind, both sides have something to gain by exaggerating or telling half-truths.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I feel like what they are doing, by seizing property and especially children's schools, is going to be the last straw for a lot of copycats of Fort Hood. I don't think this seizure is in the best interest of the US public at this time. But it won't be the first time the US government had a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I feel like what they are doing, by seizing property and especially children's schools, is going to be the last straw for a lot of copycats of Fort Hood. I don't think this seizure is in the best interest of the US public at this time. But it won't be the first time the US government had a bad idea.

You mean other Intelligence Agency black operators are going to shoot up military bases with multiple shooters and then slip away and pin it all on a Muslim guy?

Cool!

The reality is our borders are so porous that millions of tons of narcotics, weapons and millions of illegal immigrants flow across them each year.

The only thing stopping Islamic Terrorists from attacking us daily is the Islamic Terrorists!

No matter how we provoke the Islamic world in these thinly veiled religious crusades they show remarkable restraint and poise and dignity as evidenced in the news article from the Original Post and the Iranian Government's dignified response to these latest punitive sanctions that have been in fact going on since 1978.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
1) Increase fear
2) Increase sense of threat against Iran
3) Increase pro-war sentiment
4) Increase anger and rage from muslim community
5) Wait................

This is nothing more than a more elaborate preset than the preset for the war on Iraq.

They WANT the muslim community to do something

I can't believe how fast all of this is happening
Let's just hope it doesn't continue and that the states come in and do something and that nobody gets hurt in any way shape or form

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Oh shoot, now we have to premptively bomb New York City. We have to because we have a right to protect ourselves. What do you want to do, wait for a mushroom cloud? Sound familiar?

We have no right to be in Iraq or Afghanistan, get us out now!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
They sure know how to change the mentality of the people don't they? I figured something like this would happen. It's all provoked by the Fort hood shootings. They'll get the Americans all fired up for war again.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hey Proto, about the fort hood thing your talking about the 2 and even 3 shooter first reports right? I found that pretty odd too but if you got any other info on that could ya throw me a link

[edit on 13-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You mean other Intelligence Agency black operators are going to shoot up military bases with multiple shooters and then slip away and pin it all on a Muslim guy?

Got any proof to back that up? I'd love to see it if this is true.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

im sure there isnt proof but the first reports of 2 or 3 shooters and one using a high powered rifle.... and on top of that using a revolver and a semi auto the guy was able to let off 100ish rounds... it is suspicious.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

not to derail the thread but there are alot of other weird things as well.
First there were 3 shoothers, than 2, then 1.

Then the 1 died, then the 1 was alive.

Check this out

“I think that a GROUP of soldiers rebelled against further deployment. This is why we had early reports of multiple shooters, numbering up to 5.

“But 5 soldiers shooting their officers signals mutiny in the ranks. It recalls the "fragging" of Vietnam days. It looks really bad to the citizenry. It could even spread to other soldiers and other bases where the military are stretched to the breaking point.

“So, the DC boys look around and say, "Oh, we have this dead Muslim guy; we'll just blame it on him!" And presto-chango, five shooters pissed off with the wars becomes one conveniently dead Jordanian Palestinian Muslim with possible links to Al Qaeda.

“Only turns out Major Hasan isn't dead. Which creates a whole new problem the instant he gets off that ventilator at the hospital.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Also, they said they always knew he had contacts with extremists, a MAJOR knew, and they did nothing?????
They let me be the psychiatrists for troops???????

I don't think so
it's all a lie and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that

[edit on 13-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's called poor planning, if your gonna do black ops do it right.

This is just warming the oven for a lovely fresh war, does the US want all oil in the world? You really need to watch out that another big player does not take a more direct objection to this land grab program. After all these years of fighting, the butters getting spread a bit thin..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just want to point something out here. According to officials, Ansan was well-known for his Islamist militant views. "He wore his religious beliefs on his shoulder" -- and yet he remained in his job with the American military.

This speaks volumes about the GOOD things in the USA, the right to worship, eat, dress, believe/not believe AS YOU WISH. If he had been serving in an Islamic military all those years and they got wind that he held a different belief, say Christian for example, he would have promptly been marched outside and had his head cut off, to avoid a bloody mess indoors ya know.

There was a saying most of you probably don't know of, that was popular in the 70's. I had a leather belt with the inscription:

America, Love it Or Leave It. Time to bring it back to life.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This pressure campaign may well be designed to stimulate "chatter" and other noticeable change of behavior in underground islamist circles. Something big is underway and the US is doing its best (and possibly desperate) to root them out.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I just want to point something out here. According to officials, Ansan was well-known for his Islamist militant views. "He wore his religious beliefs on his shoulder" -- and yet he remained in his job with the American military.

I just want to point out that would be “Officials” speaking with anonymity because they are not authorized to make such statements and evoke anonymity when giving these statements to the press so that they can not be personally and credibly attributed as a source.

What does that mean? It means that what they are sharing likely can not hold up in a court of law and that they are not truly in an official capacity to speak on behalf of the government which means they probably aren’t in an official capacity to gauge the veracity of the evidence if indeed there is any evidence that makes their unofficial statements anonymously given to the press as officials not official at all.

It’s simply manipulation of the media court of public opinion and is being done by so called officials who absolutely are not accountable or responsible for their own un-official anonymous statements.

It’s akin to taking someone’s word on a street corner for events they have and had no first hand official interaction with. For surely if they did they could speak officially and proudly on the record and disclose their names, ranks and positions, of course only a wise person utilizing common sense would stop to consider these things before parroting such blatant and deceptive manipulations.

top topics

join