It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This should be interesting, will it be possible to view the trial in the US on TV?

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The chance of that trial being televised in the US :

0%

There's just no way the government would allow it, I'm sure for reasons of "National Security" and the like.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I see a major sh**-storm happening over this patsy, the court will have to reexamine what brought the 3 buildings down, not to mention torture.

I cannot envision a conviction, for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, because he was tortured if he is convicted it will be the beginning of the end for democracy in the US.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by mtok7]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtok7
I see a major sh**-storm happening over this patsy, the court will have to reexamine what brought the 3 buildings down, not to mention torture.

I cannot envision a conviction, for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, because he was tortured if he is convicted it will be the beginning of the end for democracy in the US.

I think he was water boarded over 180 times, apparently any information recieved from torture will not be allowed in the trials.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I guess the problem is, is whether these guys can have fair trail. I mean having it in New York for a start. how you going to get an impartial jury?

i'm not defending the actions. I actually don't believe 9/11 was an inside job. So I would like to see the guilty parties brought to justice for the crime

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The fact that torture, was used would probably lead to a dismissal I.M.O, guilty or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The first thing his lawyers will do will be request change of venue.An impartial jury in N.Y.?Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It's not just New York though, you would be hard pressed to find an impartial jury *anywhere* in the United States for this trial. I'm quite interested in seeing the evidence against him though.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I guess the problem is, is whether these guys can have fair trail. I mean having it in New York for a start. how you going to get an impartial jury?

i'm not defending the actions. I actually don't believe 9/11 was an inside job. So I would like to see the guilty parties brought to justice for the crime

As would I but here we see the difficulty with trying these guys through the justice system instead of using the Military Tribunals.

The problem, if I understand correctly is that the Bush Administration charged KSM with Conspiracy and not charges of being involved in Acts of Terrorism. Typically, Conspiracy charges do not warrant military tribunals.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How many of you truthers will be protesting at this trial? You guys can bring your evidence to help free KSM!!!

So, tell me, who in here will be assisting in supplying the defense with all the evidence to prove KSM was not part of the 911 attacks?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Find Americans on ATS for the jury, the ones in the 9/11 forum that really know that the planes didn't take the towers down, the history prior to 9/11 and the aftermath that happened all the way up to today.

In that there would be at least a couple good impartial jurors here..

But like someone said, he was water boarded 180 times or something... he would swear to god(allah) he was Santa Clause or something... so this guy like said is a patsy.. like the others before him and the many after him..

At least we can say justice will be served well here.. or not..

Will the real 9/11 masterminds please stand up...

Anyway thats my thoughts.

CX

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Did you see tha AG on the news talking about it?

He said numerous times that he ws convinced that they would get a conviction, in fact every time this was questioned by the press he said the same thing every time, he wouldn't have allowed it to go ahead if he wasn't sure they'd get a conviction.

When asked "What if they get off on a technicality?" or "How can you reassure the families that he won't get off?" he gave the same answer.

Looks like they've got this one sewn up before it starts.

CX.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Find Americans on ATS for the jury, the ones in the 9/11 forum that really know that the planes didn't take the towers down *SNIP*

And you think THAT is impartial?

im·par·tial

ADJECTIVE:

Not partial or biased; unprejudiced

Sorry, but most people on the 9/11 forum are extremely biased.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just another example of the inexperience of the Obama administration. This should have been handled at Gitmo, by way of Military Tribunal. I'm sure Al-Queda is recruiting suicide bombers for this event as we speak. It will not be pretty.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If he is the mastermind behind this,...then what about osama bin laden...or saddam hussein?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely that, severely mentally incapacitated, due to torture that he would not be able to stand trial, well not in a more "humanist" European Court, where the rights of the mentally ill have credence unlike the US, where you need to have money to pay lawyers to argue such a case.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Really now< talking about wtc 7 here only.

Show me a fire that took down a building in the history of man not including 9/11.

Tell me what was said on 9/10 that everyone forgot about.. and not referring to barry bonds home run record or that it was election day in NYC.

Tell me why there are so many unanswered question with alot of hole in them that some American.. not just wackjobs on ats think of everyday and there is no answer.

Why is it that instead of going after terrorists they went after our pocketbooks after 9/11.

why is it that it seems like what is going on now seems to have happened before.. think Africa..

and on and on and on.. These aren't so hard questions, they are all simple questions.. Just cause the wackjobs on ats like to ask questions about our government actions makes us bad?

A government should fear the people not the people fear the government.

Keep thinking things are straight in the world and u will be fine, but the reality of it is that this guy will go down for being tortured into saying something he isn't.. good work America, we fail again..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We are about to witness one of the most despicable travesties of justice that our nation has ever seen. This should be a very interesting case given the state of our flawed judicial system.

John Boehner just about summed it all up.

House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio) says the Obama administration is putting "liberal special interests before the safety and security of the American people" in deciding to bring the 9/11 mastermind to the United States for trial in federal civilian court.

Boehner issued the statement on Friday, shortly before Attorney General Eric Holder formally announced the decision to bring Kahlid Sheikh Mohammed and four other Guantanamo Bay detainees to New York City.

“The possibility that Khalid Sheik Mohammed and his co-conspirators could be found ‘not guilty’ due to some legal technicality just blocks from Ground Zero should give every American pause,” Boehner said. “These men are part of a global terrorist network dedicated to attacking America and civilization itself, and on that awful day nine years ago, they succeeded in killing nearly 3,000 innocent men, women, and children.

“These terrorists were already being tried by military commissions, which were specifically designed to prosecute such heinous acts. This decision is further evidence that the White House is reverting to a dangerous pre-9/11 mentality – treating terrorism as a law enforcement issue and hoping for the best.

cnsnews.com...

[edit on 13-11-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Could this trial be am Obama Administration ploy, to get the truth of what happened on that terrible day out? What i mean is, to expose what really went on, complicity i.e inside job? Rather than Obama ending up like J.F.K., let the court expose the cover-up.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Show me a *SNIP*
Tell me what *SNIP*
Tell me why *SNIP*
Why is it that *SNIP*
why is it that *SNIP*

Tell me what any of that has to do with the topic? There are a million other threads for you to ask those questions.

Just cause the wackjobs on ats like to ask questions about our government actions makes us bad?

No, it makes you biased, which was my whole point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join