It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Failed Attempt to Become a Freemason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I just read your story, I’m not a Mason, don’t really know what they about, but what you wrote has the answer you looking for. You were most likely, on more than one occasion talking negatively about secret societies etc and your friend could gauge that you were most likely not a good candidate to be a Mason. But being your friend he was not going to stand in the way of letting you go to a meeting and just see what develops from here.

He arranged for you to go the Lodge, most likely after speaking to his dad, who would have asked your friend what he thought of you joining. The answers would have most likely been a shrug of the shoulders and I don’t know! “you” always think and say that secret societies are behind conspiracies and have hidden agenda’s etc etc.

The Dad most likely said o.k we’ll arrange for you to go to a meeting and see what happen. This same Info most likely got to the “powers” in Charge of the Lodge as I’m sure they would have had some questions as to who is joining etc.

In the end they tried their best to make it look like they were “part” Interested in going through the Joining process. As two of there members know you and the Lodge did not want to be seen as just pushing you out without taking a closer look and maybe later you would not join on your own or at a later point they would have to say no or just give you the cold shoulder. (Don’t know how they do it?).

The Lodge must have been relieved that you needed to move and try elsewhere, and most likely at the new lodge you mentioned you visited another lodge and got a negative feed back and hence you never were received well.

Its really your mouth(The things you say and ‘societies and Conspiracies in general) and the way you went about it that got you No-where.

I don’t know you, but its sounds like you were just on a fact finding Mission to maybe “reveal” something this “society” was about and up to. If anything. This was easily picked up by the people that know you and were Vouching for you.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
reply to post by Chastral

I don't think thats what 9-11 says? huh?

And yes you are far off. Nobody commands masons. And what do you mean by commands? Commands us to do what?

I was high as a kite when I posted that. I promise I will never talk about 9-11 again. Thats dangerous.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

What? You're confusing. lol. People talk about nine eleven all over the place on here its not "dangerous" to talk about.

So what does nine eleven say? What did the nine eleven say to the cat? lol sorry.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think people that come out of Skull and Bones are Illuminati. That is what I think.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Chastral]

I think they are rich daddy's boys who like to feel special and powerful by joining a "secret" fraternity.

And I'm pretty sure Masonry has nothing to do with "illuminati" (which, it should be said, it's never been proven anything regarding anything or anyone has ever been tied to the "illuminati")

Am I really too far off?

They do stand to become the social elite -- through wealth and connections. Where you're far off is claiming they are Masons -- with no proof at that.

Freemasonry is uncommandable ... it's fragmented and decentralized

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I went through the motions towards joining Masonry about a year ago.
Got in touch with the local Lodge, got as much information together as I could, and met some of the members.

I ended up not joining, I have other things to do Tuesdays, but I still respect the organization, and the folks I spoke with were alright guys.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

you should find a lodge that meets on Wednesdays. that way you could recoup from being beat down on Tuesday night. The masons won't make you do your Kata and smack you with a shinhigh. ( the spelling is off but my kids were in karate, so I know a bit about what goes on there)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Or Thursdays.. or Saturday Mornings..

If you reeaaallllyyy were interested, you'd have found a way..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Heh, well, Wednesdays I work as well. Then Thursdays I'm in Karate, and Friday is the only time me and my girlfriend have a chance to go out.

I see a lot of comparisons between kata and the rituals in Masonry, and part of what drew me to martial arts so strongly is the philosophical side of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

no. no they are not.

because illuminati is NOT A FUNCTIONING OR POWERFUL GROUP ANYMORE.

I know this because what Illuminati stood for was science, freedom, and unity. What the HELL is wrong with that?

they hated the catholic church right?

Honestly, if you believe God is what the bible says he is, you will never further humanity from the burden of false fear of gods.

if anything, God is an 11th Dimensional being that nobody could ever understand and we most likely never will.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

I agree with sharkbait. If you are always talking about masonic conspiracies with your friend who IS a freemason....then maybe he might not altogether be for you joining. It'd be like John Lear applying for a job working security at Area 51

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourcesonly

if anything, God is an 11th Dimensional being that nobody could ever understand and we most likely never will.

Well not consciously at least and definitely not in a physical form in time and space

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why aren't women allowed to join the masons?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Well I must first apologize for joining this thread so late, and secondly after reading the OP statement I feel I have to call BS on the story. It sounds contrived and, from my Masonic experience, totally un-reasonable. I have may friends, both new and old, and all of them know I am a mason. I wear a ring and speak of the "meetings and events" all the time. Also the first meeting with the secretary would never involve a Masonic handshake. Furthermore, in my lodge at least, you would have met with two or three well schooled brethren, in a social setting to have a bite to eat and a brief discussion of your expectations as well as an explanation of what commitments the Lodge would require of you, should you decide to go forward. Nothing about this story rings true with me, and though I do not usually respond to the threads of trolls, I smell one now, Nice try tho......

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Why aren't women allowed to join the masons?

The freemasons is a fraternity for men. Women can join the order of the eastern star which is a mason-like organization. They can join if they are married to or related to a freemason.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is also a division of Freemasonry that admits women, and that allows both men and women.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

DUDE!!!

Davidius,

My heart sank to the floor when I read your header in the resent post column. I'm in the proses of being considered for the degrees and just reading your header was like an ill omen.

But after reading your thread I am very much relived lol.

I have done enough Masonic research to understand what your friend's father meant with what he told you after you left the lodge and I can even understand why you received no further contact after you gave your contact information to the Mason at the lodge near your collage.

I'm not a Mason but even I can see why it would be wrong of me to tell you what your not seeing. But I will give you some advice.

When a Mason tells you something do it. They are not going to tell you anything unlawful or illegal so just listen and do like a kid monk siting in the rain in hops of being accepted into the temple.

When a Mason asks you a question, think why he would ask that question. but answer truthfully.

But most of all when a Mason does not call back pretend it's a girl......an old fashioned girl.

If you really want something in life go and get. What your doing is just bitching over something you really never wanted.

Izzy.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Hello Sharkbait,

I have to disagree with you, I think Freemasons are very tolerant towards ignorance when it come to Freemasonry. They don't like fools yes but as long as you meet the requirements to join I imagine they will understand ignorance of their private fraternity.

An initiate getting cold feet is more worrisome I imagine.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I agree with the previous posters that several points make it sound very unlikely to be true, or if it was true fairly well modified, there are several parts which simply do not conform to how applicants would be investigated.

Now if it is true, but simply modified, I would offer this. We do from time to time, get conspiracy theorist to ask for an application. We treat them more or less like any applicant, but also with a larger amount of suspicion and scrutiny. We do not wish to invite people in who ultimately are just joining to "find dirt", they tend to cause conflict, and often when they don't find what they want, simply make it up, or worse, purposely hurt our image as a mason. We do not always get it right, but it's very hard to lie and not get caught in it. Investigation is taken seriously.

Many many masons are interested in different conspiracy theories etc, so being a "conspiracy buff" is no real mark against you in it's own right. When you have been a mason, and studied history you naturally tend to look for hidden meanings in events. Masons love to talk about a good conspiracy, so long as it's a fair one, and not one simply contrived out of malice. Esp "Alternate History" type topics are often topics among brothers.....it's fun....and we tend to be readers.

However your Reason for joining is of the utmost importance. Different lodges go to differnet lengths on their back ground checks, but really it's not easy to fake what isn't true. If you truly desire to become a mason, wish to subdue your passions, and build yourself into a better man, I doubt you would be turned away. Unless of course you have a criminal background, immoral reputation, or do not really believe in God. It would not be surprising to me in the least that a questionable candidate they are not sure about, might be put off for awhile until they see him improve in whatever aspect they are concerned with.

My own advice is if your desire to become a Mason is genuine, then continue to talk to yoru friend and his dad, if they guage you are in ernest and for the right reasons you may have an opportunity again. Also two masons vouging for your sencerity is pretty much a guarantee, unless you REALLY have lied on some point.

I can say sometimes perspective would be candidates are told "they're not ready" or "to apply again in a few years" or even flatly told an issue that has come up in the investigation, and that they need to work on that and apply again. Many take this as us being "nice" and really not wishing them to join. That is not true. If it were thy would simply be denied outright. If your told to try again later, and you want to join then DO! They would not tell you to do so unless they mean it.

The part I would be most surprised at would be any worshipful master NOT taking the time to speak to a would be candidate. They do not get paid for their responsibility, and meeting and admitting new candidates is one of the best parts of their duties.

My last bit of advice...the best way not to become a Mason is to get caught in a lie.......Honesty and sincerity are more important then having a lily white background.....honesty, and sincerity are the very foundation of all good character. Anyone who does wish to join would be better off being completely honest about any question, then trying to tell someone what they "think" we want to hear.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
There is also a division of Freemasonry that admits women, and that allows both men and women.

You would not be a Freemason, and would never be recognized as a Mason, could never enter our Lodges etc....

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by RuneSpider

You would not be a Freemason, and would never be recognized as a Mason, could never enter our Lodges etc....

However, in some countries this is less important. In the 'latin' world, irregular freemasonry is larger than regular (recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England) freemasonry. In Belgium, France, Italy for example this is the case. I know it also to be true for large portions of latin America. Roughly, the line follows the reformation: in predominantly reformed christian countries (northern Europe, USA) one will see a prevalence for regular freemasonry and in predominantly roman catholic countries the irregular form is more prevalent.

Besides, if a woman wants to better herself and learn about the brotherhood of mankind, I think female orders that sort of mimic freemasonry can be an important source of light and wisdom. These are not be dismissed just because it is not regular. It is not freemasonry, but it can have a profound influence in much the same manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join