It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Failed Attempt to Become a Freemason

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It all started when I was driving around town with one of my friends. We are the type of guys that could care less about pop culture and discuss "important" subjects such as spirituality, conspiracies, secret societies, you know, the stuff ATS is usually associated with.

There was something about this car drive that was different, very different. We were discussing freemasonry and what our views were. I asked him, "So man, what do you think about them masons?" What he said next shook my world. "David, I am a mason."

This was very shocking to me because we have always spoken about the subject in a negative fashion. He would even contribute to the discussion by saying how the majority of the presidents are masons and how they are building a New World Order etc. etc.

We talked all afternoon that day on how he became a mason and how his father was a mason and why he wanted to join. He was telling me how we don't have a clue of what they do and it was only until you became one would you understand their true "secrets". It made sense, after-all, everything on the internet is just speculation. We can never know for sure until we actually become one.

I was intrigued and decided to become a mason myself. I looked up the contact details for the local lodge in town and met up with the secretary of the lodge at a nearby restaurant. We sat down and we discussed freemasonry and how its a brotherhood of people who just want to be better people and help out each other. He showed me his masonic ring, the masonic handshake and even told me a story on how General Santa Anna escaped death because he flashed a masonic hand sign to Sam Houston (Texas History).

I was given some handouts to fill out and was invited to eat dinner at their lodge. The next month, I entered a masonic lodge for the first time and met the other fellow masons. I talked to some of them and was very interested in all the artwork displayed on the walls. I didn't feel welcome however. The Worshipful Master didn't even speak to me. My friend told me that was how he felt the first time he came in so I did not worry about it.

I was invited to eat dinner with them 2 more times and was interviewed so that they could finalize my application. The next month, I got an email informing me I was a mason and that the initiation would be done soon. However, because I was only 18 and was going to leave for college, I had to find another lodge.

This is where it gets juicy. On my last invitation to eat dinner, I had a VERY strange vibe pulsating through all my body. It did not feel right. When it was time for the guests to leave (those interested in freemasonry) so that the real meeting would begin, I was not shown the way out like before, no one shook my hand except my friend and his dad. What his dad said was very interesting aswell. "Whatever you do in the outside world, do it with good heart." And that was that.

It was as if I was not welcome in their lodge. But according to masonic beliefs, anyone who is interested in becoming part of the brotherhood must be welcomed and treated with great respect, something that I did not feel.

So I went my way and decided to look for that lodge in my college town. I contacted the secretary by email and told him I was interested in becoming a mason. Now, instead of receiving a "We are glad to hear that! Blah Blah" I was questioned if I really wanted to become a mason. I insisted I did and gave him my contact details. I never heard from him again. Once again it was as if there was a force preventing me from becoming a mason.

I never again tried to become a member. A mason should be treated as a brother, even those who are interested. Something I certainly did not receive.

Perhaps there is something more to these masons than meets the eye.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
really, though until you a trusted member of the brotherhood, you will not have any better relationships with them, or have any status, or be saved in time of need. You need the ring. Also, they probably are not sure if you really want to be a Mason "for the right reasons". It likely also depends on the city and the lodge.

And for the most part. you are no one special until you at least reach the third degree or above

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

He would even contribute to the discussion by saying how the majority of the presidents are masons and how they are building a New World Order etc. etc.

The majority of Presidents were NOT Masons. I believe the total amount is 15. The last being President Ford.

There IS a NWO -- It's called Globalism, it started in the 1990's. Bankers, corporations, politicians.. the people who really run the World. Not Masons.

he masonic handshake and even told me a story on how General Santa Anna escaped death because he flashed a masonic hand sign to Sam Houston

He showed you the Masonic handshake? Which one? And highly unlikely, seeing as you were not a Mason?

Santa Anna did have his life spared by being a Mason, but there were no hand signs.

The Worshipful Master didn't even speak to me.

How very rude of him.

The next month, I got an email informing me I was a mason and that the initiation would be done soon. However, because I was only 18 and was going to leave for college, I had to find another lodge.

This makes no sense what so ever. Your not a Mason until you have the Master Mason degree.. you pay for the paper work, but it's only for background checks etc.. it does not make you a Mason.

Second, the vast majority of Masons are not active.. they don't show up for meeting or partake in Masonry. They do however, pay dues.. so long as you pay dues, you are a member. I've heard of members living in other countries while still paying dues, or members who have multiple life memberships.. If they raised you, you would pay dues to them and be a Mason until you join another Grand Lodge, Lodge or fail to pay dues.

When it was time for the guests to leave (those interested in freemasonry) so that the real meeting would begin, I was not shown the way out like before, no one shook my hand except my friend and his dad. What his dad said was very interesting aswell.

If this story is true, I would say maybe no one wanted to shake your hand because you 1. where not sociable 2. looked like you were about to have an anxiety attack or 3. you were the one giving off creepy vibes.

Once again it was as if there was a force preventing me from becoming a mason.

Same lodge, different town?

Your story is utterly bizarre that's all I have deduced from this.. If you really were treated badly, then that sucks.. but it cannot be a universal thing, or else there wouldn't be any new members?

When I joined my new lodge after walking around shaking hand and talking we got along quite fine, and even better after a few beers..

Maybe you need to loosen up or something? Potential young Masons are a hot commodity, I doubt they would refuse you just because they, say, didn't like your face or something.. (since you have not said you did anything to annoy, disrespect, insult or otherwise verbally harm a Mason lol)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I am pretty sure everyone that comes out of Skull and Bones at Yale University is a Mason.

That would make the last Mason President, George Bush Jr., not Ford.

Also Jr's father, and grandfather, and other relatives. Prescott Bush is the most interesting one to study in my opinion. Yea, I am pretty sure Skull and Bones at Yale is the highest lodge in America.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chastral

I'm pretty positive you're wrong.. branch out beyond youtube videos and google my friends..

Skull and Bones is a fraternity at Yale, albeit, corrupt, but just that, a club.. it is not affiliated with Masonry.

Bush JR is not a Freemason.

Neither was his Father, nor his Grand Father.

Nor are all the Skull And Bones (though I cannot say none are, as I do not have a full list and could not check.)

Ford was the last Masonic President. That is fact.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what are masons? freemasons? do they build cinderblock structure for free? don't masons work with mortar and concrete or something like that? why on earth would you want to do hard labor if you're going to college?

i was a mason once, it wasn't fun but i didn't have to go to the gym. now i have a better job, thank god. and why the hell do you have to pay dues just to get dirty and have mortar eat the skin on your hands away?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
what are masons? freemasons? do they build cinderblock structure for free? don't masons work with mortar and concrete or something like that? why on earth would you want to do hard labor if you're going to college?
Because a gift received is seldom appreciated as much as a reward honestly earned.

i was a mason once, it wasn't fun but i didn't have to go to the gym. now i have a better job, thank god. and why the hell do you have to pay dues just to get dirty and have mortar eat the skin on your hands away?
If you're not willing to put in the hard work, I'd hate to see what you built. Probably fallen apart by now.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Skull and Bones is a fraternity at Yale, albeit, corrupt, but just that, a club.. it is not affiliated with Masonry.

While it is true that the Bushes are not Masons and that Skull and Bones is not connected to Freemasonry, why would you say that the Skull and Bones are corrupt? Outside of some pretty far out conspiracy theories, I've never heard them be accused of anything unseemly, at least not rationally.

To the OP:

It's sort of hard to say. I've visited some Lodges where I was basically ignored, and others where I was made to feel like a long lost brother. It all depends on the members of the individual Lodge, I suppose.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Masonic Light]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Rockpuck is correct. You may have submitted a request to be consider for Freemasonry, but until you have actually gone through the whole process and been raised - you are not a mason. You may have received a letter saying that you were approved for training and sometime after your approval and before your training could begin your true motive for attempting to join must have been discovered. If your friend was really a mason perhaps he had a change of heart about recommending you knowing that you were probably only doing it so you could come back here and do a tell all expose. Idol curiosity is no reason to join any organization.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr No One
Idol curiosity is no reason to join any organization.

Why ever not?

Line taken from The Walking Charge.

"Your particular reason for becoming member of this grand and noble Order is known only to yourself. It may have been the prompting of idle curiosity. That being so, your curiosity is now satisfied, in part, for if you so choose, Freemasonry has much more to offer."

[edit on 13-11-2009 by iwasasked2b1]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by iwasasked2b1]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe they did some "checking" on you in the interim and decided you were not the right material. This could be due to your lack of any position or status that might be advantageous to "the cause" in some way.

Maybe they do not like curiousity seekers. Maybe there is a moritorium on new memberships at this time. Maybe the door has closed since we are so "near the end". Maybe they are concerned about those that might infiltrate and leak information.

However, being an initiate, I doubt you would be in a position to hear anything leak worthy. The blue people are always kept in the dark.

Perhaps they already initiated you and you did not realize it. Were you asked to do anything that you did not comply with? It would have been asked in a social off-hand manner. Were you asked by any of your friends or aquaintances to do something that ever so slightly compromised your integrity or principles?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Only because under Bush, who was in the Skull and Bones, many of his advisers and cabinet members were Skull and Bones. It may be coincidence, but given the sheer number of member in the Bush administration vs the percentage of Yale graduates who are Bonesmen .. well..

reply to post by Alethea

to "the cause" in some way.

There is no "cause"

However, being an initiate, I doubt you would be in a position to hear anything leak worthy. The blue people are always kept in the dark.

The OP was not even an EA, thus, not an initiate of any kind. Also, Masonry's first three degrees are the most important, in fact, no degree is higher than the 3rd.. the 33rd being the highest in the Scottish Rite, is not trump worthy of the 3rd degree, the 3rd is more important.

All members of the Scottish rite, York Rite, Arch, Shriner, etc, etc are "blue people" as you say.

Almost all active members of all bodies are active in the Blue Lodge, in fact, many hold dual officer positions... the notion that "the higher degree" referencing Scottish Rite masonry, is more important than Blue lodge masnory, thus Blue Lodge Masons are in the dark is ignorant, since most Blue lodge members are also Scottish Rite.

For instance I am a 3rd degree Master Mason. I am also a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason. I will soon be joining the Shriner and I'm considering an invitation into Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (I like it just for the name, and that they claim they practice "Devilry"
)

But nothing ever will, nor can, nor has trumped the 3rd degree.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

This is the greatest opportunity for you to now become a supervillain. You can dominate industry and banking and build an island fortress and then all the Masons will look back and say ''Doh!''

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think people that come out of Skull and Bones are Illuminati. That is what I think.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Chastral]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I think the Illuminati was disbanded about 200 years ago. that is what I think.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

while I don't know for sure, and you might just be misinterpreting things, nobody who was a mason would have showed you the masonic handshake. None of them. And they wouldn't have told you you were a mason, as Rockpuck said. I will admit, I haven't traveled far and wide as a mason, but I have yet to be at a lodge and not felt completely welcome. The town you live in must be filled with some mean people. I suspect that maybe you didn't actually do these things, and are trying to tell us a story. And if your friend was really a mason, he would know what it is all about and he wouldn't have fed you that line of bull. We do have a sense of humor, but discussing masonry with a perspective candidate is very serious and we would not mislead you like that. he was probably pulling your leg like you are probably pulling ours.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I dont think thats what 9-11 says.

I stand firm. I believe Skull and Bones members come to be titans, social elite. I believe they command the Freemasons... Am I really too far off?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I dont think thats what 9-11 says.

I stand firm. I believe Skull and Bones members come to be titans, social elite. I believe they command the Freemasons... Am I really too far off?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I don't think thats what 9-11 says? huh?

And yes you are far off. Nobody commands masons. And what do you mean by commands? Commands us to do what?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When a lodge votes on your application for the degrees of Masonry, they must decide if you are capable of fulfilling the obligations that you would take.

If they did in fact vote against allowing you to join their lodge, it sounds like it may have been because they were not sure you would be sticking around long enough to learn the catechism or go through their program of the 1st three degrees.

If they mentioned that you would have better luck joining a lodge closer to where you will be attending school then perhaps they decided that your Masonic journey would be better suited there than having you join their lodge, then transfer, and continue your journey with a new set of brothers. Ideally you want to graduate under the same officers that you joined under.

It's nothing against you, and nothing saying you can't petition another lodge. And while lodges do communicate between each other, each lodge is independent and does not take instructions from other lodges. The only reason you would be rejected permanently is if you had some criminal history or conduct unbecoming of a Mason that was made public.

I wish you luck.....you're already a Mason, you just don't know it yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join