It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC - The Vatican Seeks Signs of Alien Life!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's my personal belief: the Vatican did this conference specifically to guide the Catholic hierarchy to the day that Disclosure happens--which could be within a few months.

Remember, when it happens it will literally be the most life-changing day of the "modern" history of the human race. (Note I use the word modern in quotes because of the considerable discussions on whether human civilization is vastly older than most modern archeologists think, and especially whether human civilization may have come from another world as a small number of authors espouse.) As such, the announcement could potentially conflict directly with the beliefs of the world's major religions (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism)--a warning that the 1960 Brookings Institution report specifically warned about. If the Vatican can espouse a view that extraterrestrial life does not conflict with Catholic teachings, that would drastically reduce the psychological shock of the announcement and would help the human race transition to a post-Disclosure world, especially since Catholicism is by far the largest denomination of Christianity in the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What I would find funny, and interesting, if ET's if you want to call them that, I would prefer call them beings, from other worlds, turn up and say they do not belive in the one creator, how is the Vatican going to react to this, or any other religion?

Would they call the E.T's blasphemiers or renounce thier religion altogether. One would think there would be mass erruptions with in all this planets religions.

It does not surprise me anyways, that Benedict, has allowed this, after all was the german scientists, during world war 2, interested in ET, etc.

Just wondering if his youthfullness in the Nazi Young SS, gave him cause to do this, as a long life ambition.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
What I would find funny, and interesting, if ET's if you want to call them that, I would prefer call them beings, from other worlds, turn up and say they do not belive in the one creator, how is the Vatican going to react to this, or any other religion?

I find your suggestion fascinating because in every polytheistic religion, there is always a singular "greater" god--Zeus in Greek/Roman Mythology, Odin in Norse Mythology, and so on. It is that "greater" god that essentially evolved into the monothestic singular God we know so well today, spurred on by the Zoroastrian belief on the god Ahura Mazda, which may have been similar to the early Jewish Yahweh.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I think you will find the vatican has believed in et or what ever that means alot longer than that, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SactoGuy001

And I find your comments also interesting, One is going to think about, my responce, and get back to you on this of you do not mind.

One does have to search within her ownself orthink about what her responce is, so the other understands, what one does want to get across.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It is obvious to me that the Vatican have known alot, how should One say alot more than they are sharing. Are they now providing this information, trying to bring the flock back into the fold. To those Catholics, whom have been dissolusioned by the Vaticans refusal, to recongnise science as to God.

Wouldn't we ass, as humans, would love to know?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Also with what the Vatican is doing, using science in this way, is it not that trying to show, the validity of the Pope supposingly being the Vicar of Christ? Would it not show that infact everything the Vatican has spouted out over the last centuries, have been false and untrue.

Now how would the so called faithfull react to this, enormous admission. Christianity as a religion would not survive.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join