It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Robbed of Half Billion Eco Dollars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Report finds dirty money, water in China

More than a half-billion dollars meant for tackling water pollution in Chinese rivers and lakes has been embezzled or misused, seriously undercutting pollution prevention efforts and raising questions about how pervasive corruption is in China's environmental programs, a new report shows.

The report, by China's National Auditing Office (NAO), revealed that from 2001 to 2007, about $59 million in funding for water pollution control and prevention efforts involving three major rivers and three major lake areas was embezzled by officials and departments in those regions. In addition, $661 million was stolen, misdirected or never used.

Ooops... Me thinks China has a bit of a corruption problem.

I wont even mention the authentic picture above.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Someone will get hung for this...

Corruption may run rampant in Asia, but there is a lot of pride in China.

They won't let this continue... they're just screwing themselves if they do.

Very sad.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My God, Please don't tell me they eat the fish out of that river/lake.

Then again with much trash, I don't see how fish could survive in the first place.

As corrupted officials get richer, the poor continues to suffer.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All I can I say is 'Its sad...really sad". Although, I wouldn't be surprised if that same place supplies fish to your favorite sushi place!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You are kidding right about eating the fish?

Everyone knows exactly where all their waste goes. Directly into products they ship around the world.

They learned from the best, where do you get rid of one of the most poisonous aluminum production byproducts? Well you say it is good for teeth and stick it in the water supply. Fluoride, it does the teeth good.

Oh the poor people.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Very sad... it's hard to believe that things like that still go on in the 21st century in one of the more modern countries of the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Need a transplant.

There may be a number of new organs on the market shortly.

at least china pulls the plug on there criminals without major delays.

gizmodo.com...
www.drudge.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
The report, by China's National Auditing Office (NAO), revealed that from 2001 to 2007, about $59 million in funding for water pollution control and prevention efforts involving three major rivers and three major lake areas was embezzled by officials and departments in those regions. In addition, $661 million was stolen, misdirected or never used.

The (slight) up-side of this article, is that China is trying to expose and purge itself of this level corruption. 10 years ago, you wouldn't have even heard about it - at least not through a China agency or news source.

[edit on 2009-11-13 by EnhancedInterrogator]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

I do find it interesting that the news comes from within the Chinese government. In fact, it makes me wonder whether it is a whole lot more or not true at all.

I could imagine motives behind either scenario.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join