It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code within "The Code"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon

no doubt to the appeal of D. Brown's work, but the "kneejerk" comes from fiction being presented as fact.

Well yes and no. If the presentation of fiction being written as fact in a book was it (which all creative writers are taught to do), then why wouldn't the church come out hard on almost every fictional book. You don't think they would have a problem with "Harry Potter"? It talks as if the wizardary and witch craft is fact.

I do hope he represent the Masons fairly, however that may be, but then again after "From Hell", I can see why the Freemanson's distrust that they will be represented fairly.

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Darktalon]

Absolutely correct on the creativity aspect DT, but is there a "real" group of wizards and witches to take up arms if not held in good light? Freemasonry is real, and has been a target for slander and misrepresentation. You mention "From Hell" *AK runs screaming from the forum, "I'm gonna get you jhova" can faintly be heard*, I remember the embarrassment as I sunk deeper in my chair at the movies, a couple of friends (non-Masons) looking over at me from time to time. This was after I had forewarned them that there was bias by the Hughes brothers, they barely believed me, the weight of years of "stories" how will a "credible" source like Dan Brown be overcome?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I guess the problem I have with this is that, from what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), Dan Brown is still spewing the same tired "Christ had children and the Knights Templar knew all about it and OMG the Holy Grail is buried under Rossalyn Chapel" nonsense that we've had from the Knight / Lomas / Baigent / Leigh / Lincoln Axis of Silliness since, what, the 70s? Now, a lot of those people are not only Masons, but very distinguished Masons, but this whole series of ideas that they've accidentally dreamed up (which don't hold any water IMO) have penetrated the zeitgeist to such a vast degree that we get the Jimbo-Kearney confirmation factor.

What is that? That's when Homer Simpson is writing a newspaper, and Bart Simpson tells him "Jimbo Jones said there was an alien in a ditch outside town." Lisa says "That's nonsense... where's the proof?" Bart says "Well, Jimbo says he heard it from Kearny!" And Homer says, "Excellent, we have confirmation!" *

We get the same thing in popular culture when these ideas spead like a subcutaneous infection. "Knight and Lomas said that the Freemasons know something special about Jesus' kids!" "But Baigent and Leigh said the same thing! Confirmation! It must be true." The reason that you get a "kneejerk" reaction to this stuff is that it's so nonsensical, but every time you patiently disprove it, you run into ten more people who are CONVINCED it's true (it's a hydra of crap!). You get the same thing with Anti-Masons citing the Taxil hoax as evidence.

*Note to Simpsons fans... this is based on a real scene, but it is WAAAY out of whack in the "actually getting it correct" department.

P.S., I didn't notice "From Hell" was mentioned above. I have only this to say in response: Mystery Religions!!!

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
AK, don't get me started on Rosslyn Chapel, the Grail is in the "Prentice Pillar"
,but the point is that Dan Brown's book will be about current day Masons, in the setting of Washington D.C., which we know was laid out by Masons and has pentagrams, pyramids and other deep, dark, designs. I can see him on "Good Morning America" a sideways glance into the camera, "folks I'm doing you a favor by exposing these demonic, NWO, funny hat wearing guys". Let the games begin.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
AK, don't get me started on Rosslyn Chapel, the Grail is in the "Prentice Pillar"

Oh, well, by all means, let's break out the sledgehammers and bust the thing open

Seriously, this is the problem with Rosslyn-grail "True Believers."

Group 1: "We NEED to dig under the Chapel to find out what's there... we know precisely where to dig! If you don't let us dig, we'll flay you in the popular press!"

Sinclair Family: "Well, the Chapel's quite old and fragile, but... OK."

[dig, dig, dig, foundation crack, finds nothing]

Group 2: "We know where group 1 went wrong. You should have listened to US all along. Let us do it, or we'll flay you in the popular press!"

Sinclair Family: ", allright, go ahead"

[dig, dig, dig, wall collapse, finds nothing]

Group 3: "How could you allow such a priceless monument as the Chapel to be destroyed?! We're going to flay you in the popular press."

Sinclair Family: [dies of despair].

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The curious and glory seekers being destructive AK? Dan Brown stated that he was using the backdrop of Washington D.C. for his next novel because of it's wealth of Masonic landmarks, and symbols. Might the temptation of unearthing (so to speak) some of the "secrets" he will reveal in his book give just cause to lay siege? Nothing like a mob with torches marching on "The House Of The Temple" with less than good intent. Yes I'm exaggerating, they�ll use flashlights instead of torches, but some will find the need to souvenir hunt in some way, shape, or form.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I was mainly talking about why/how the church had a reation, and that thery is some, but I don't know how much, validity to his ideas.

As far as the Masons go, I'm not one, so I don't know what goes on in your rituals, inter workings. Do I think they are demonic, satanic, or that there is some grand Mason conspirisy. No, not in the least bit.

I do hope that he has done his homework, and doesn't go totally off the wacko's perception of the Mason's secret rites.

My main point was however, that his work is fiction, and for anyone to take it any other way is crazy. If a homeless scitzo was walking down the street and started yell at you, saying you were in league with Satan, would you care to argue with him? No, cause he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's making it up,,,,, Fiction

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Darktalon]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darktalon

If a homeless scitzo was walking down the street and started yell at you, saying you were in league with Satan, would you care to argue with him? No, cause he doesn't know what he's talking about, he's making it up,,,,, Fiction

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Darktalon]

But what if it wasn't a homeless scitzo . . . what if it was a celebrity with a press agent, a passle of lawyers, and a penchant for writing pseudo-histories that were taken as the gospel by people who live down the street from you. What if the scitzo's fans were convinced that the books were only labeled as 'fiction' because you are so demonic and powerful that you would have eaten his soul in your bid for total world domination.

Now, would you argue with him?

No, but you'd sure as heck try to win an aquittal in the court of public opinion!

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It was a very good book I could not put it down I read it straight through, took me all night and most of the morning to finish it, It was one of the most interesting books I have read.
I saw the DeVinci Code, this was a good movies also, but I didn't read the book, was the book better that the movie or vice versa?

The next two movies I really want to see but have not as to this date are:
Children of Men
Apocalypto

So anyways I was just brousing when I came across this post, and thought it was an interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
As for any later Dan Brown book? I honestly don't believe it's going to be that hard to expose any fabrications within it. His writing isn't too complex (as I said trashy) and although he is going to hit a big market after the success of his last novel, it might even be a good chance for of us to set the record straight on some subjects.

If it is a work of fiction than by definition it is a fabrication.
Moby Dick is full of fabrications too.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Fiction or not, DNA and the truth will out, one day. . . Would any of us know a miracle if it walked up and slapped us in the face?

[edit on 29-3-2007 by nothingbutthegirl]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join