It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. teen suffers rare illness after swine flu shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Va. teen suffers rare illness after swine flu shot

www.msnbc.msn.com

A 14-year-old Virginia boy is weak and struggling to walk after coming down with a reported case of Guillain-Barre syndrome within hours after receiving the H1N1 vaccine for swine flu.

Jordan McFarland, a high school athlete from Alexandria, Va., left Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children Tuesday night in a wheelchair nearly a week after developing severe headaches, muscle spasms and weakness in his legs following a swine flu shot.

“The doctor said I’ll recover fully, but it’s going to tak
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Forget it
Just forget the Vaccine

what did they think?
that all would go well with almost or absolutely ZERO testing?

Even software developers making harmless applications test more than scientists making vaccines going to the bodies of human beings.

Forget it!

Just forget it, my body will fight whatever comes to me

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Guillain-Barre syndrome is a known side effect of any flu vaccine.

I believe that it's about a 1 in a million chance.

It's sad when a young person gets Guillain-Barre syndrome

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Once again msn leaves out some vital information.

www.naturalnews.com...

At the same time, part of the reason the CDC isn't receiving many reports on neurological disorders caused by H1N1 vaccines is because they participated in a massive media brainwashing event that prepped the population to dismiss all side effects by pre-announcing the bizarre idea that "side effects experienced after vaccine injections are not related to vaccines."

This was an organized, nationwide media brainwashing campaign engineered by the CDC, FDA and drug companies. It sought to pre-program health consumers to automatically dismiss serious side effects that appeared in the hours after receiving swine flu vaccine injections.

The campaign worked. In fact, even the GBS of this young man, Jordan McFarland, wasn't submitted to the CDC. It only came to light when his step-mother submitted details to MSNBC.com's reader reporting tool. In other words, this was citizen journalism at work, where a parent submitted information directly to the media.

For this to occur is exceedingly rare. Most parents would simply wait for their doctor to submit such information to health authorities, not knowing that submitting reports of vaccine-related side effects remains voluntary in modern medicine.

No requirement to report vaccine side effects

You read that right: There is no requirement that doctors send reports of vaccine side effects to any health authority at all. And that raises the question: So how do they really know how many people are suffering neurological side effects from the H1N1 vaccines?

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A colleague of mine at work was recently given the vaccine and reported feeling quite unwell afterwards. He even reported having a metallic taste in his mouth straight after he received the shot.

I have told my partner not to get the jab, she is deemed "at risk" due to her asthma, but she's had the flu before with no major complications, I'm sure she can survive another bout. Besides, I am 95% sure we've already had the swine flu anyway, earlier this year we both fell ill and I have been around no less than 10 people that have contracted it at work.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

It's hard enough fighting off illness every year during the cold and flu season. Taking this vaccine in no way guarantees a person will not get sick and, as in the OP's story. it can cause things much worse.

People should take extra precautions at this time to avoid as much exposure as possible and be very sanitary in your daily activities.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Bottom line, I'm thinking we don't even need such a vaccine as the swine flu vaccine. I can go the grocery store, and for less than a buck, I can get bulb of garlic and take care of things like the flu. Beats the hell out of me spending money into a hole like with health insurance.

Yeah, but that doesn't put money in Big Pharma's pocket, so it remains as an "alternative," and Big Pharma still gets the spotlight as the "ones with the answer."

The best health insurance you got is taking care of yourself and using nature and the spirit to heal yourself. Doctors can take care of things like sewing things back together, but not our health needs, that belongs in our hands, or a doctor who has real knowledge of nutrition and supplementation. Many problems could be handled without a knife and an expensive doctor or hospital visit.

Troy

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Natural remedies are the only option in an age when most medicines carry so many harmful side effects and cause many allergic reactions. The government is so full of big pharma that it's making us all ill just thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Amen to that SheaWolf!

We are being tought to obey authority, not think for ourselves.

I wouldn't touch a lot of that stuff Big Pharma puts out. No way, with all the side effects. As good as I felt today, after some weeks of extra MSM supplementation, why would I want an inferior and harmful drug?

Troy

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
compared to this boy and the redskins cheerleader who was also affected some what the same, just shows you how these things are real. these vaccines arnt here to help us. i personally am not going to be recieving my shots.

i believe its the begining to the NWO,based on research, but its a scary reality to think of.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Right now, the media is reporting about 4,000 deaths from H1N1.

We have 1 report of a very sick teen.

Based on this many won't get the jab.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
But there are deaths every year from the flu. It happens. And it happens in hospitals with all their high tech equipment, drugs and everything.

Why would I need a vaccine, when I'm fairly certain I can take care of it quite effectively without the jab? Roughly $1 at the grocery store and I'm done with the flu. Maybe a little more if I want to throw in a little extra viamin c for good measure.

Troy

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As someone that has had GBS from the flu shot, give me the flu anyday!
My ER doctor that diagnosed me told me they see a LOT of it EVERY flu season.

It gets under reported. Since I had mono a month before the shot, they would not put cause down as the shot, though I only had the shot 10 days earlier.

I find it hard to believe it is one in a million. I had it, my Aunts boss who is a doctor, his son just got it 7 days after the shot and is in the hospital rite now parylized .

I know I have stated this before in other threads, but it was relevant and I am proof this does happen. There are things I can no longer do and can never do again. One being, going shopping without an electric cart, taking my daughter to a fair or anything that requires much walking. I am glad to be alive though.
That was some scary times.

new topics

top topics

join