It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dances with smurfs - Alex Jones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the most recent south park episode Dances with smurfs??

I was watching this and imediatly made me think of Alex Jones. I know Alex has had some decent info in the past (as cartman started off with) but then he went of the rails a little.

I recomend to everyone to watch this episode and have alex jones in your mind as you watch, let me know how others see the simularities between cartman and jones, just curious if it was just me or not.

Here is the link if you need it, and dont feel guilty about watching it online, the creators of south park release it online straight away anywho.

South Park - Dances With Smurfs

P.s., monitors, i had no idea were to put this so feel free to move it around or whatever may be.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well I can see where your at, but they clearly made "glenn beck" jokes with the animations and the "EC" logo with radio waves.

Nice try tho!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ah, im in the UK so i havent seen any of them

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
Well I can see where your at, but they clearly made "glenn beck" jokes with the animations and the "EC" logo with radio waves.

Nice try tho!!!

indeed
I wish glenn beck would go away he is nothing but a joke.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm at work, so I can't watch this episode at this moment. I will check it out tonight and update this post after I watch it with my opinion.

However, I'd just like to state beforehand that I am an AJ supporter. The past few days have included rather amazing coverage, conversations and interviews regarding a lot of topics on this board. He's trying, what are YOU doing?

I'll also refrain from mentioning each episode in which Southpark attempts to be political and insightful but misses the mark completely. Regardless of this fact, I'll watch the episode with an open mind (perhaps some optimism) that matt and trae have figured out how to get back to writing 'satire' and not blatant propaganda for .. I don't even know what anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

matt and trey don't write propaganda, they make fun of anybody and everybody. they just plain are a holes to be honest. but funny a holes at that.

but to topic...i too think it was more of a blatant attack on glen beck.

i half expected a 9/12 rally thing. but it doesn't matter.

it was a good ep. people should watch it. it isn't even THAT political, just a smart person can tell what they are doing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've just searched Glen Beck and i see the simularity now. I seen him once before when Charlie Brooker was taking the mik out of him, had me in stich's!

Many apologies for this thread then i guess i should say, i'm not as firmilier to glen beck as you lot are as we dont have him over here....
Thank god,lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

it's all good.

it could have had a Alex Jones approach, but they went with the more public glenn beck.

i don't follow jones, so if they were making fun of him I wouldnt know.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It was making fun of of Glenn Beck and his ridiculous attacks on this administration coupled with the effects that it has on stupid sheeple like Butters and all the other children. However, this paled in comparison to the true punchline of the episode. Dances with smurfs...it was all a Joke on James Cameron's soon to be epic Flop "AVATAR". The smurf explaination that Cartman gave is the exact plot of the movie along with Wendy's book. I am serious, just take out smurfs and replace them with tall blue people. The reason why James Cameron is getting all the hate is because he is attempting to revolutionize the movie going experience with an expensive 500 million dollar movie. It is going to flop, and many individuals know this and are just waiting to ridicule Cameron.

Anyways, that is basically the whole point of the episode...Show how ridiculous Beck is and then completely trash Cameron's upcoming film.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well i guess since beck gets most of his leads Off of Alex's show i can see how one can interpret it that way that this is about Alex But it is about Glen Beck.
Who is a total clown.
great episode though it was funny the best one so far this season

top topics

join