It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vets Day Special: How liberals truly feel about America and the Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Vets Day Special

I know this is a day late, but it just popped up on twitter. Thought it showed a interesting view of the "peaceful and tolerant" liberals. I love how it is always the "right-wing nut jobs" that get demonized, but when a bunch of protesting liberal crazies beat up a republican or two, it was in the name of peace...Thank you veterans for serving our country, I understand why you did.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by numo16

I see your point. I cannot decide if most Liberals are insane, stupid, or just don't see the flaws in their utopian logic. I am kind of leaning toward the notion that they mean well, but they just cannot grasp that we do not live in a perfect world with perfect people and that money doesn't grow on trees. The best analogy I can give is that they are like children who have never grown up and they still think magic is real.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Let's see what you've done here:

1. Posted a partisan propaganda piece in something that should be in Political Madness.

2. Painted with an excruciatingly broad stroke in order to smear liberals.

3. Nobody got beat up in those videos except for the Liberal protesters. That camera never showed punches thrown between the two groups.

4. You're completely ignorant of the facts if you think the Iraq war was justified and legal.

5. In the first video, the poster made a nice racial comparison of a latino person to the evil monkey from Family Guy. Hint: doesn't make you look good.

6. Real conservatives were also against Bush and his rampant spending and unnecessary wars.

7. Colmes is not a liberal, nor does he speak for liberals. He's some kind of weird, brainwashed muppet that Hannity controls when the cameras aren't on him.

8. Wake up. Deny ignorance. You're being part of the problem, not the solution.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by numo16

I'm a vet. I'm a liberal. I own guns. I'm a business owner. I'm a registered Republican and you painting a large section of the population with a broad brush doesn't say much for your cognitive abilities either.

Don't let your ideologies get in the way of your common sense, troll.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
ROFLMAO!!!!!
This was great, Im sorry, but there are A LOT of stupid people out there.
The best video(IMO) is the one towards the bottom with Allan Colmes talking to that guy who said we shouldnt have a military. HAHAHAHA
Good God, who breeds these people?
And in the first video...those kids attacking those two republicans than saying "hit Him". hah. What peace loving hippees they are.

Our country is doomed.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
S & F

My (least) favorite example of these libs in action took place a couple years back when I lived in the SF Bay Area.

For the Veteran's Day parade, some fire fighters wanted to put a U.S. flag on one of the fire engines in the parade, but ended up deciding not to because they were afraid that the anti-war people would attack and damage the fire engine because the flag was on it.

For the libs reading this, it is insane that anti-war people would attack anything, right?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
oops wrong thread.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why is it so many people that label themselves as conservatives and everyone that does not think exactly like them liberal?.... I am a veteran and I can't remember any of the Marines I served with in combat ever discuss politics and use the terms liberal or conservative...... It did not matter at the time and Veterans Day is not about politics anyway..... We were doing what we did for everyone (or so we thought) and I resent the hell out of the conservative agenda playing up to and using the military as a political tool as I would if the liberal faction was to also step as low to do so.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

You are correct that Veteran's Day should not be political.

However, the point of this thread is about those on the left that tried to make it political, anyway.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

B. S. like politics were never an issue whatsoever to anyone I knew when we were under and returning fire with the enemy.... You would be surprised to find that a great percentage of combat veterans develop extreme anti war views and have no problem with war protesters..... Others will forever carry a grudge against those that our leaders perpetrated war upon for corporate profits instead of the profiteers that own both political factions that in actuality are one and the same (except in rhetoric) because they don't want to admit that their own country would allow them to be used like they were...... Using 2 different labels to make your neighbors and fellow citizens your enemy is a bigger threat to freedom than any foreign threat..... When I hear a young person talking of wanting to go to war for a country as manipulated as the U.S.A. I can't resist sitting them down and telling them their contribution and sacrifice would be wasted because this country isn't worth it the way things are now.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

B.S. ????

Go back and go through the OP once again - in detail this time.

BTW, my stepson and his wife are both serving in the Army, and I will take at their word for why they wanted serve any day over the comments I see here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by numo16
I love how it is always the "right-wing nut jobs" that get demonized, but when a bunch of protesting liberal crazies beat up a republican or two, it was in the name of peace...

I'm trying to decide if you're trolling, or really such an ignoramus that you don't realize what you just did....

Re-read your quote above and see if you can figure it out.

Probably not, so I'll have a go...

You said that the "right wing nut jobs get demonized...". Would you argue that they don't deserve it? I mean, taken to extremes, Hitler was a "right wing nut job..." and I dare say he deserved his reputation in history. Then you say that "liberal crazies" don't get the same treatment... Hrmmm... Last time I checked, Stalin wasn't highly thought of in these parts.

Here's a tip - anytime you go to the FRINGES of any political system, you're going to discover the dark, messy underbelly of the people. The fringes are where the hate lurks. Where the fear thrives. Where the rage exists for no reason other than to feed upon itself.

Left OR right.

If you want to see what MOST people think - look at the center, and away from the fringes.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I would like to wish your stepson and his wife the best.... My stepson will be retiring in three years.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

I would like to wish your stepson and his wife the best.... My stepson will be retiring in three years.

Thank you and best to yours, as well. Light at the end of his tunnel ...

new topics

top topics

join