It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't the US just Kill Saddam and Sons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My big question is why did the U.S just not kill Saddam and sons, and use the billions of wasted war dollars to secure and upgrade our borders. This money could have built a fence around our country by now, with full sensor equipment and all. Just think of the jobs that would have created and saved? Yes thats right our american brothers and sisters (soldiers) would still be here with us today breathing and enjoying life but instead they are rotting corpses.

Why did we not just argue and change our laws against assasination instead of killing all those american soldiers and inoccent civilians (Yes we got the bad guys to)? And all the more to come?

Why didn't we just poor that money into our CIA, FBI and tech and personel on our borders and airports?

That way the money would have protected us against all enemies not just Saddam?

No matter how good the world is with Saddam gone Bush lied to us, and there was no justification for one drop of our soldiers blood. None what so ever. There was no clear and present danger. The president of the Unitied States miss led us (AKA lied to his country). Period.

Sadly, I must vote democrat this year. I hate it, but I cannot vote to see more of my friends and countrymen die for nothing.

Sad to see the space program go with Kerry but its better than more blood =/.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Xeven]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i asked this question during the end of thre first gulf war. WHY didnt we just off the guy then?
it didnt make sense to me then and it doesnt make sense to me now...

however there is no "must" as to what you "must" do.

even if kerry gets elected the troops are still gonig to be there. leaving a country doesnt take a week, it can take months. and if anything happens as a result of our leaving rest assured that will also be blamed on us so it will turn into a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. if we stay people wont like it. if we leave and something happens like another dictator seizes control of the country people will get pissed we let it happen because we left.

bush was the first president to lie and not the first politician to lie. dont try to act like this is the first time this has ever happened. the babe in the woods act from some of the people on this board is simply laughable.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i asked this question during the end of thre first gulf war. WHY didnt we just off the guy then?
it didnt make sense to me then and it doesnt make sense to me now...

however there is no "must" as to what you "must" do.

even if kerry gets elected the troops are still gonig to be there. leaving a country doesnt take a week, it can take months. and if anything happens as a result of our leaving rest assured that will also be blamed on us so it will turn into a damned if you do and damned if you dont situation. if we stay people wont like it. if we leave and something happens like another dictator seizes control of the country people will get pissed we let it happen because we left.

bush was the first president to lie and not the first politician to lie. dont try to act like this is the first time this has ever happened. the babe in the woods act from some of the people on this board is simply laughable.

Bush is the first president in my life time who's lie is killing my friends and countrymen. Porking Monica is a far cry from starting a war with half truths and lies.

An immediate pull out will save AMERICAN lives. I could give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks if one american soldier who would die other wise lives and has a family and children because we pulled out. Oh an we should definately hang Saddam on the way our right were his statues was pulled over during the war. Let Iraq's die for their freedom we allready pathed the way. its up to them now. Why is it our jobs to give our lives for the rest of the worlds freedom? Sure we can help em out thwne they want it or ask for it but why are americans dieing when a well place GPS bomb or assasin could get same results?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Bush is the first president in my life time who's lie is killing my friends and countrymen. Porking Monica is a far cry from starting a war with half truths and lies.

well i'm refering to presidents that go back farther than your memory does apparently as clinton wasnt the first one to lie either. and i wasnt refering to him at all. of course if you think that only the ones you hate lie and the ones you like dont you're pretty deluded.

An immediate pull out will save AMERICAN lives. I could give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks if one american soldier who would die other wise lives and has a family and children because we pulled out. Oh an we should definately hand sadam on the way our right were his statues was pulled over during the war. Let Iraqis die for their freedom we allready pathed the way. its up to them now.

yes we did that once before during the gulf war. we promised to help the iraqis over throw him and then after the iraqis tried to remove him we pulled our support out leaving them at his mercy or lack thereof. or do you not remember this? i think this was owed to them regardless. we broke a promise to them.

its nice that you dont care but i do. i dont like to have my country being accused of cutting and running and leaving people in worse shape than they were before. like we did with the iraqis over a decade ago. however rest assued there will be an end. may not be one we like but there will be one. so relax and dont have a stroke.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

well i'm refering to presidents that go back farther than your memory does apparently as clinton wasnt the first one to lie either. and i wasnt refering to him at all. of course if you think that only the ones you hate lie and the ones you like dont you're pretty deluded.

An immediate pull out will save AMERICAN lives. I could give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks if one american soldier who would die other wise lives and has a family and children because we pulled out. Oh an we should definately hand sadam on the way our right were his statues was pulled over during the war. Let Iraqis die for their freedom we allready pathed the way. its up to them now.

yes we did that once before during the gulf war. we promised to help the iraqis over throw him and then after the iraqis tried to remove him we pulled our support out leaving them at his mercy or lack thereof. or do you not remember this? i think this was owed to them regardless. we broke a promise to them.

its nice that you dont care but i do. i dont like to have my country being accused of cutting and running and leaving people in worse shape than they were before. like we did with the iraqis over a decade ago. however rest assued there will be an end. may not be one we like but there will be one. so relax and dont have a stroke.

Are you going to go over there, and stand guard, for 6 months to a year on the front lines to support your position?

banner.goarmy.com...;jsessionid=91C2334AAE3087DA19254396F57A3CA8?banner=AAAA-016i-9999-9999-60

Just to be fair I think you should know that I was in Desert Storm, OEF, OIF and will soon be in harms way again because I choose to serve. I do so in love of country and constitution and willfully follow the orders given to me, even when I do not agree with the politics or ethic.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree with this in principle, but it is not a new idea at all. Mossad spent millions and years trying to clip Saddam, all to no avail.

Check out a cursory google search on something like 'saddam+mossad', there is plenty there.

It's all very easy to say, 'just whack the guy', but in reality it is much harder than you appreciate.

B

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Link to just one of the stories of Mossad's failed assasination attempts:

www.mideastfacts.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
oh i dont know....people thought it would be impossible just to catch saddam let alone kill him...yet we got the guy.

never dismiss anything as impossible, it tends to haunt you later.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
'Impossible' was not a word I used PM, though I know what you are getting at.

B

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I believe that this administration had in his agenda to find and protect Sadam because like that he can be parade for political gain he looks better alive than death, and his sons were of not important, yes it would have been easier to just have him kill but did US did not tried to do that before the war and failed.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
We should have made attemps on his life with these.. all the while no americans lives except possibly a few pilots would have been in jeopardy. Even if civilians were killed as a result it would be no different than we have it today yet we have dead soldiers as a result of the current method..

abcnews.go.com...

www.ga.com...

We were on the right track here. Should have stuck with this till we got him. Same bad publicity we have today would have resulted though. *shrug*
www.cnn.com...

www.aawfrance.net...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Your are right US. has the capability to blow sadam out of power but it failed to do it I wonder why? perhaps because the iraqui oil is part of it? I though it was an attempt on his life before by US but I was mistaken It was by Gen. Abdel Karim in 1959. It was on Kadaffi I may be wrong US has never been very good at assesinations attempt look at bin ladden we dont even know where he is. Lets not forgget fidel Castro.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes we need to change our laws so we can do this if we intend on fighting tyrants and human rights violators without becoming the same thing our selves. I hate to say it but if we changed this law then invested in the research the tech is available right now to create a satilite with camera powerfull enough to target a head of a human and we now have laser tech powerfull enough to burn that head off. All it would take is a law change and cash to finance the developement of the satelite system and we could stop having wars. Imagine if the north Korean idiot new if the free world wanted to remove him they could in seconds, how he would respond to peace talks...

Its time to get ugly and use what we can make if we are going to go down this path of world savior which I contend was not the intention of our constitution and our first leaders yet we seem to be spiraling down the path anyways..

Why is it OK to kill young 19 year olds and civilians and not ok to assasinate one single evil human being tell me why? I just do not get it..

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I know we have the capabilities but remember we have been feed that we are (A Compationed nation) and blah, blah, blah.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Why is it OK to kill young 19 year olds and civilians and not ok to assasinate one single evil human being tell me why? I just do not get it..

For one they made it that way. Secondly, is there much money in simply assassinating the problem? I thought it was better (for them) to blow s*%^ up and rebuild.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
one big problem is...
if you come up with very high tech to handle an enemy that is using the most low of the low tech warfare...
and...
if you have lousy politicians mingling into militar strategic operations...
or if you step into the anti-propaganda trapp the arabs have brewed...
than the only ones that are winning are the islam terrorists.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

This money could have built a fence around our country by now

You build a wall to keep your neighbours out, they can just get a ladder. No matter what you do to defend yourselves, the enemy can always build something bigger and better resulting in another arms race. Much better to eliminate the problem and restore peace in the world, than to just shut it out and pretend nothing is going on.

new topics

top topics

join