It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP - Window's 7 Upgrade disk - Piece of *#^*!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So I got my Window's 7 upgrade CD on Tuesday, & went about sorting it out. It took 3 hours to do the bloody thing, then I had a little play with it before going to bed.

I came home from work yesterday & went to jump on the computer (not literally) & after the screen came up with Windows is loading... The screen went blank. I kept it like that for an hour, then turned off turned back on 3 times the same thing happened. So I ran it in safe mode, & it loaded up after about 5 minutes, but wouldnt let me get online, so I restarted it & the screen went blank.

I think when I get home tonight, Im gonna need to do a complete upgrade, but I was wondering if any of the IT Geniuses here had any idea's that could help me???

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Hi,

Yah, there have been some issues. I expect to receive my disc in a week or so. I'm not doing the upgrade, I'm going to do a clean installation. Few problems reported by going this route.

I've already backed everything up on my External HD and disc, so now if only that thing would get here, I'd be done.

Try googling W7 upgrade issues, there's a lot to read, but you might find some good information to help you out.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saved everything on my external harddrive so I should be ok there. DO you think i'll be able to do a clean install through my bios as I cant get my pc to completely open.

Thanks for your help

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Everythings up & running fine now

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

So tell, us...

What was the issue???

What was the solution???

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I needed to do a clean install to make everything work, but it turned out Windows7 switched my monitor & projector scarts functions for some reason, so I needed to unplug the projector scart. Everything works cool now though.

new topics

top topics

join