It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents, and all things about them.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA
reply to post by pazcat

Interesting the errors in the copy as well as your post, Did any of you really think that at a website such as this, that you would find all minds malleable?

No, a few minds are complete mush

No second guesses for who Im refering to on that one.

[edit on 13/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA
reply to post by OzWeatherman

To you probably not! But what about all the others that read these posts? You speak for them as well?

No Oz doesn't speak for all of us. The truth of the matter is that we all have to read the same memo's! Ain't that right boss! ... err... I mean Oz!

IRM

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think this topic is well and truly derailed. We can either get back on track or just let it die a natural death. Just in closing This topic is invariably going to draw in some extreme elements and i have noticed some posters that argue points based on opinion and and feelings. While this is very natural and very common i would suggest that with topics of this nature it might be best to have an open mind and to consider all the possibilities.

So in Summary im not sure if there are people in here hired by the government to purposely steer things in a desired direction or not but i do know there are individuals at ATS who do. Why they do and what their agenda is if they even have one i dont know, but to deny their existence i think is irresponsible. Considering that we are all here to look for something. Some people come here for fun and some people take this place seriously i think a good balance is important. But through it all the truth should be paramount.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think that topics like these are reasons why the conspiracy theory movement becomes discredited very easily. Sure. There are people whose only interest it is on ATS is to troll the forums and post establishment views. These people with an agenda in mind aren't interested in truth but they're into it to persuade others to a purely ideological persuasion. I've done that in the past too so I can't say I'm not guilty of that.

ATS is a place for people to talk about conspiracies. I don't see the need for paid disinfo agents to come on ATS when people do a good enough job at spreading disinfo themselves here. I think too many people in the conspiracy theory movement discredit themselves by saying that anyone who doesn't share their views with them is a disinfo agent, or, a government agent. This kind of behavior towards another was seen in the communist revolution, where- people were called traitors, people were harassed for having opposing views, and people were exiled for criticizing the government. I implore you to read this piece about Trostky to see where this kind of thing in real life can lead to: history1900s.about.com...

Now I won't say there is no such thing as disinfo agents. Rather there are people whose sole purpose is to piss people on here off. That is correct. It's just that not everyone who speaks a certain view different from your own is part of the CIA cabal. This label is just overused and... people should be at least respectful that other people might have different points of views. I mean... this whole idea about other people being a disinfo agent because they disagree with their world view is just ridiculously stupid.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I dont think anybody is arguing the point that if someone doesnt agree with your personal beliefs or views that makes them a dis info agent. What i dont understand is how someone could know for sure there are absolutely no government paid posters who actively post on here.

The one thing the internet affords people is anonymity. So how would anybody know if someone was or wasnt working to subvert certain topics or ideas? What just based on what topics they choose to respond to? When they joined? These may be good indicators but by no means is it a proven method of identification.

So with no way of knowing anybody's motives i think its complacent to naturally assume everybody in here has your best interest at heart. Some people may call that negative thinking but i call that reality. Having said that not everybody is out to cause trouble and chaos.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Well I am not a disinfo agent. Why would I be paid by the CIA to manipulate your views? Nonsense, I think this thread should be closed and quickly.

Excuse me, but before you close the tread could someone tell me where to send my resume to get one of these disinfo agent jobs? Do I get a badge with that? Uniform? What are the fringe benefits? Company car with flashy lights? Does that have a GS rating? Government retirement? Licence to lie?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure if there are actual employed "agents" on here giving false information, I think generally they can trust that the conspiracy theory community are still met with the ridicule and skepticism that prevents them from getting substantial evidence and information to be taken seriously. I think we can safely assume that we are being monitored, though. I think we are doing the government's job of controlling us better than any agents could do, many of us here will make outrageous claims without evidence, or believe anything without maintaining a healthy level of skepticism. We often spread fear and panic under the guise of advising and exposing, all unknowingly. We might be more aware, and wary of the government, corporations, organizations and individuals. We're not blind like the rest, but maybe they don't need us to be. At this time, we're just not big enough, important enough, organized enough, or have the right incriminating evidence to be of any threat. We are generally too discredited, too paranoid and too scared to confront the conspirators. I don't mean to be an "Agent of Demotivation" here, this is the truth and I think it's worth being said.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I haven't yet spotted any surefire disinfo creepers, but certainly some serious hypocrites on here. They pretend to be down with the movement but many of the more controversial conspiracy topics are too far out of their comfort zone to even consider. Even simple things. I guess if i'm not going to post examples and air people out I shouldn't even comment on it.

*Goes back to being nobody of consequence.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Who gives a dime if the so-called Disinfo-Agents exists?!?!?

I for one- couldn't care less.

It's YOUR problem what or who you decided to believe in.
Don't blame other people.

And... for the record, OZ is a high ranked agent.
I've seen his birth chat.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join