It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo agents, and all things about them.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

All this coming from a guy with 'disinfo agent' in his avatar!
Perfect!

I hope you are right, I really do.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Why would it matter where you are? It's the internet.

You say your are employed by the Bureau of Meteorology? Uh huh.
Which one?

The Australian one.....I am happy to talk to u2u anyone who wishes to check this out. A couple of members have done that.

Why would that give you any authority in secret gobmint programs?

Why is it seemingly viewed as wrong to ask the tough questions?
Thats my question!

Im not sure

Ask the ones that call me a shill

[edit on 12/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I would assume that the government would pursue other avenues of "silencing" someone...I guess what I said was extreme though.

Not trying to judge you but your "assumptions" are more a reflection on your problem solving skills and not the governments. I dare say assassination would only come into play where people had hard core evidence that would be undeniable proof and implications of such magnitude that even the glazed over zombies couldn't ignore. In such an instance i can see someone 'going on a holiday'. But for the general population posting "what if?" theories on a conspiracy website i think the logical approach would be to ridicule them and their theories.

Im not familiar with your stances on most subjects so i cant comment on much. But to assume the government wouldnt at least have people scanning the net for dissidents and rebel rouses is just plain ignorant. sorry but a rose by any name and all that.

I mean seriously ATS may be a crank and nut job site to the majority of the population but that doesnt mean that the people who say the things they do arnt serious about it. So based on that very terrestrial problem alone the G-men would be looking into a site like this. The other more exotic topics are just a bonus, Doesnt make them any less important i just dont want to get into a debate about things that may or may not be true.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

It's a reverse psychology tactic to throw people off my trail!

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I see.

I should have known!
Must just be me....

By all means neccessary, carry on then.....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I really do want to discus this subject but ask you for your definition of a dis info agent so I can start with a smattering of intelligence.

I have an answer for everything so I'm sure I can help out.

I'm just kidding. Only my grandchildren think I have a brain in my head.

Waiting for your defination.

Someone who has a reason to derail a thread, discussion/research, but is more than a troll or idiot.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Im not sure

Your not sure why that would give you any more authority than anyone here,
or you are not sure why its wrong to ask questions?

Why would I ask one who calls you a shill?
Would they know any better also? Could happen I guess.
You can always just remove all doubt and put it in your avatar!

Thanks for the reply cia guys!
I'm kidding, dont blow a gasket, or.... earpiece as it where....
Unfortunately, meteorology can't quite explain everything.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

I see.

I should have known!
Must just be me....

By all means neccessary, carry on then.....

I will once 'the boss' sends us some new marks. I've just flagged you because you appear to be onto us! Expect some 'action' in your next thread!

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Kewl tewls!
I will look forward to that for sure!
As it stands now, they die a quick and painless death!

Not kooky enough I guess.....
Thanks for the heads up IRM!

I owe you one!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thanks guys, this thread is derailed beyond belief. Ironic isn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I was quite specific in questioning your line of thought. Perhaps you missed me asking for clarification.

Shall I ask my points again?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Im sure there are quite a few 14 y.o kids and immature adults who are quite proud to get under ones skin enough to have themselves called disinfo agents. Seriously if people actually knew what was on the other end of the interwebs they would hardly be called a disinfo agent.
Just because somebody does not agree with a theory and can prove it to be wrong does not mean they are a DI, it generally means they are correct.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The nsa has a whole room filled with 14 disinfomation angents just going though different web sites spreading false infomation and mixing things up confrusing people.ATS is one of the many websites they visit.The NSA actually have a staff of 28 people on a 24 hour watch of the internet working different shifts.They pretend to be anyone,children,teenangers ,fake alien abductees and fake military personel.You would wounder if there was nothing to hide why then would they do this all the time.There is plenty to hide.Plenty of different names places and other things that might trigger key word flag reconition security protocols .They need to be there full time watching so they can delete key words as soon as they hit the net.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

As much as I agree and as much sense as this makes,
of course we would need some verification on this.....

other than the hair on my neck standing up when I see their posts.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You can never know who they are.I have come across many people on yahoo messenger who i believe were fake and telling lies.They might be just idiots or good liers but then again they may be goverment angents trying to get infomation out of you.On two occasions media employees were stalking me on the net who i believed were goverment employees.I never use chat rooms any more because of this.Too many goverment and forieign spies.Some people claiming to be aliens abductees may be goverment employees too.In my case i never got paronoid about all this.I just stopped using the chat rooms.I know the goverment has employees working in yahoo and media outlets working undercover.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Thanks guys, this thread is derailed beyond belief. Ironic isn't it?

Granted threads of this nature are bound to veer off track now and then. It is therefore up to the 'Alert' individual to not fall into the trap of back and forth bickering about pointless issues and put the thread back on track. UNFORTUNATELY i dont think this topic can progress past a certain point. Anybody that denies that the government wouldnt waste their time hiring agents to monitor sites such as this or even actively participate in order to misdirect people are either too trusting of the PTB or are simple too ignorant to see the ramifications of NOT monitoring a site such as this. I KNOW FOR A FACT i would monitor any site that discussed topics of such volatile nature as dissatisfaction with the government and possible ways of revolt. Just because you live withing the boundaries of the US of A doesnt mean the PTB are not keeping an eye on you. The intelligence community are probably the most paranoid government agency. Its the only way they stay ahead of their enemies. And if you go against them that is exactly what you will be.

for Christ sake they trained people in remote viewing to counter the Russian psychic spies. If thats not paranoid i dont know what is.

Speaking of paranoia, i dont know why it gets such a bad rep. There is such a thing as healthy paranoia. If early humans werent paranoid about noises in the dark and dark shadowy movements, they would have been eaten by some carnivore.

Granted we dont live in the jungles anymore but its the paranoid fruit loops holding back the total enslavement of the world. Think about it, if nobody says that the government is doing something wrong. Nobody would be watching what they did. And wouldnt they just love that. Total immunity from scrutinization.

There is no way in hell anybody can tell me that a government with the power to do whatever the hell it wants with its populace never questioning its motives or actions is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

You do know there are so many ways to discredit people, or ideas.

One of the best ways is to publicize a story in a not so credible news source, like the Enquirer, for instance. The automatic reaction of the majority of people is to instantly discredit that. You can read up on disinfo campaigns and see this is a known and used tactic.

I do not doubt for one minute that disinfo agents are real and used. It is hard to pick them out, and that too is by design, but the internet itself makes that job a whole lot easier than it used to be.

I do think a lot of that happened during the campaign, and afterwards. There were some instances of it caught live on a "discredited" website, when people caught wiki scrubbing things literally seconds after they were posted, then banning the poster. This went on for days in some cases. Were they paid? Who knows. Point being, peopl will fall into line, unwittingly helping. That is how it gains momentum.

I found this website, and thought I would link it here. If this is someones' website from this board, oopsie, I didn't know, but anyways, I liked it. It makes sense and has a lot of logic.

www.proparanoid.net...

For those of you who doubt the reality of disinformation agents, I guide you to a government website where disinfo tacts are explained and described.

If you have wariness of connecting to a .gov computer, I suggest avoiding this one, but it is an interesting read from the CIA.

www.cia.gov... e.html

I would not doubt that at any time, both new threads, and replies in threads are from real disinfo agents, or people who are not employed but feel like it is their duty sopmehow. You can liken it to the guy who drives alongside someone on a two lane highway keeping pace and not allowing anyone to pass, backing traffic up for miles on purpose. He thinks he is the worlds traffic cop. Same mentality.

Nice thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
There is such a thing as healthy paranoia.

Yet too many people here suffer from unhealthy paranoia, and people do like to prey on that because no matter how much a paranoid likes to believe they are correct, it is easy to spot the many holes in their logic and it can be kind of fun aswell.
I point you to this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im not saying they dont exist, there is good evidence they do and you gave many good reasons, but no way do they exist in the numbers that people would like to think or get claimed around here.
Truth is most government agencies would not spend there time tormenting border line mental patient nobodies online, except maybe in their lunch break.

to add, a person with an opinion different to yours is not a disinfo agent either, but many would say they are.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I would not doubt that at any time, both new threads, and replies in threads are from real disinfo agents, or people who are not employed but feel like it is their duty sopmehow. You can liken it to the guy who drives alongside someone on a two lane highway keeping pace and not allowing anyone to pass, backing traffic up for miles on purpose. He thinks he is the worlds traffic cop. Same mentality.

This is entirely plausible. This is an area I think we should explore more as it's easier to define and document.

I believe there were agents here during the campaign, wasn't that generally admitted?

What I'm curious about, and if this doesn't fit into this thread we can make another, is how to spot and identify disinfo agents and separate them from people who just have a legitimate differing world view.

If we can do this successfully, it would be a great step towards legitimizing this concern and getting more people involved. As long as the disinfo insult is just carelessly tossed out, it will lose power and we've seriously weakened our own side of the debate.

anyone savvy this?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
There is such a thing as healthy paranoia.

to add, a person with an opinion different to yours is not a disinfo agent either, but many would say they are.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by pazcat]

I never claimed anybody who disagreed with me was a dis info agent. And your right too much paranoia is bad. And i never mentioned how many people on here were dis info agents.

Just to be clear all im saying is im not sure if there are dis info agents operating at ATS all im saying is i would bet the farm the PTB are keeping tabs on whats being discussed in these forums. And it wouldnt be a stretch for me to imagine at least one or two shills stirring the proverbial pot. I imagine they would have been here from the early days, trust is paramount to dis information. and i have noticed people tend to take what older users have to say almost at face value.

just a thought.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join