It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspired by Zerra -- 3 I Ching Readings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was inspired by the user Zerra and his/her offer to give free short Tarot readings.

I simply do not have the time to sit and count and divide my yarrow stalks (it can take up to 30 minutes) for many people.

I do, however, wish to practice my craft and help and offer my service free of charge. Perhaps I can inspire others.

The I Ching is actually very personal -- and it is difficult to give a reading to another unless using the yarrow method (which allows the reader to focus and meditate).

This is why I am only offering three individuals very personal I Ching "castings". This is an hour and a half of my life -- for free.

I want to keep discussion with those three people open -- and share it here on the board as an example and quasi-pseudo-scientific experiment.

I suppose the idea of "the first three" would work.

I need to know a bit about you when I cast/count/divide my yarrow stalks.

Male or Female?

Age?

Basic location on Earth. (city/state/country)

Astrological Sign (birth date range)

I understand most here are paranoid to the max, as I would be -- but to focus and create a reading I need to have some semblance of whom I am focusing my attention on.

I will try afterward to give as much as possible information and detailed analysis I can.

I will limit myself to just three for the sake of true "empirical investigation" -- as I have never done an I Ching reading for another.

This way, the four of us can discuss the implications of the reading and flesh out if indeed the Chinese oracle has meant something personally.

Those interested -- a "yes" or "no" answer is not possible.

The I Ching is more of a "guidance" or "coach" -- a question such as "what are the implications" or "what may become" are better suited to this oracle.

It will not tell you to not do something or vice versa.

Lets get started!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by MystikMushroom]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Let us do an experiment ATS -- let us see if a person can remotely cast a meaningful I-Ching casting using traditional methods for a small sampling...then discuss the results and see if the I Ching is indeed truly personal, or can be applied as Runes or Tarot!

How exciting!

I await eager members!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Me, me, me!!!!

Count me in! Please!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'd like a reading, if you will. Would you like for me to post my info here or private message it to you? I don't mind either way.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I'm very keen to participate in this. I'll keep tabs on the thread and will provide whatever info whenever you're ready.

BTW I haven't seen you around these parts for awhile - good to see you as always.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I would like a reading!

2nd line

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Looks like I am too late to be one of the three...

However, would love to see results of you all...

Will stay tuned!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hello, First post for me. It looks like I am too late. If not, Female, 64, Guam,sept.22--- Hope I make it into the three. I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hey islandlady, your still in the running....as best i can tell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i have a question for you MystikMushroom...

i have previously died a clinical death twice before...
so how would the original birth date apply? as that life line was broken/ended.

i still have a Year of the Rat, element Wood, personality/ideology/lifeforce... from the original entrance into the worldstage,

but this interest and attention to this esoteric aspect has only progressively increased as a direct result of 'dying',
then starting on a slightly different 'path' as i 'recovered'...

If i had never 're-started' twice (yet still in this original body), i would not be anything more than mildly amused & entertained by the pop-culture Solar horoscopes...let alone caught up in the archaic themes like shamanism & the intricies of the 'branch & root' of Chinese horoscopes.

kindly offer your advice on this matter,
but do not consider me in your project,
thank you

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

oh, man...how come I never get in on these freebies?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yes
Oops second line

[edit on 11-11-2009 by EverythinIrie]

six

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If I am not too late, how to you wish to get the information you need? U2U or out in the open for all to observe the experiment?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I fear I'm too late. I wish I could see these things in the critical allowable period..... Hopefully this thread won't bring in people that like to ridicule the querants(sp?) or the practitioner.

new topics

top topics

join