It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China criticises India for ignoring its 'concerns'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

China criticises India for ignoring its 'concerns'

www.hindu.com

BEIJING: The Chinese government on Tuesday accused New Delhi of “disregarding China’s grave concerns” by allowing the Dalai Lama to visit Arunachal Pradesh and said it was “strongly dissatisfied” about the Tibetan leader’s visit to the State, parts of which China has claims on.

Beijing accused the Tibetan religious leader of “sabotaging” ties between India and China but stopped short of criticising New Delhi for granting approval for the visit. Beijing reiterated its opposition on Tuesday, bu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
So Arunachal Pradesh, which means "land of the dawn lit mountains", is a disputed region partly owned by India, China and even Taiwan.

I was watchin NDTV News on TV and latest is that is that China is extremely dissapointed with India, and India in response is saying that Arunachal Pradesh is a sovereign state and India wasn't really part of the decision making process.

Anyhow, I guess i'm kind of out of touch with this but what's China's beef with the Dailai Lama?

I also remember when they got mad at Taiwan when the dailai lama was going to visit them after the typhoon.

What's the big deal?
Why can't this man go wherever he wants?

www.hindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Taiwan? Taiwan is an Island, how do they lay claim to parts of that region?

Oh, I think you meant Tibet...

[edit on 10/11/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Taiwan? Taiwan is an Island, how do they lay claim to parts of that region?
Oh, I think you meant Tibet...

Google "The Long March"
Learn, Grasshopper.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wonder if the river dispute has any significance. I don't know the geography but it'd be interesting if part of the unease from China was the fear that the Lama might influence the territory's politics, and that might somehow change where the water goes..

[edit on 10-11-2009 by ghaleon12]

new topics

top topics

join