It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed

www.cnn.com

Jarratt, Virginia (CNN) -- -- Washington-area sniper John Allen Muhammad, 48, was executed Tuesday by lethal injection, a Virginia prisons spokesman said.

Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine denied a last-minute clemency request Tuesday for Muhammad, the mastermind behind the Washington-area sniper attacks of 2002 that terrorized the nation's capital.

During three weeks in October 2002, Muhammad and accomplice Lee Boyd Malvo, then 17, killed 10 people and wounded three, while taunting police with ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not for the death penalty, but I can understand why people wanted this man executed. However, I found this little tidbit interesting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c59794b22d92.png[/atsimg]

Honestly now, 9:11 pm EST when it was scheduled for 9:00 pm EST? I seriously doubt this was a mix-up. Do you think they executed him at this time on purpose?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Honestly now, 9:11 pm EST when it was scheduled for 9:00 pm EST? I seriously doubt this was a mix-up.

I'm sure that is when he was pronounced dead. The scheduled time is when the execution is set to begin, not the time the person is expected to be dead.

Even if it was somehow done intentionally, it is nothing more than the elite getting off on their fetish with numbers. In the real world, it means absolutely nothing.

On topic though, it's always good to see someone get executed. I'm completely for the death penalty; so much for it I think the process needs to be sped up, used more often, and have harsher methods introduced.

There are those that say "the death penalty doesn't deter crime!!!" - yeah, well, I don't see life in prison deterring crime either. When people commit crimes they usually don't intend to get caught, so that argument is irrelevant.

This guy gunned down 11 people with a sniper rifle, and all he got was a mix of chemicals that put him peacefully and permanently to sleep. Him and people like him deserve the same treatment - if not worse - than of that they gave to their victims.

If the innocent can suffer at the hands of the guilty, why can't the guilty suffer at the hands of the innocent? They made their own choices. They should now live - or in this case, die - with the consequences, not be shielded from them by a fanatically-politically correct society.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
yo dudes...

theirs a long post on this topic already (its been going all day)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The time of death is pretty crazy.... !

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Different forum, different topic. That topic is an opinion one. This is a news one. If the moderators feel it should be moved or deleted, let them do it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
same topic dude.... i just said that as its a pain when a topics been going strong, then another one opens just because the situation has changed and their is new news to be posted..

its the exact same story... just we were discussing it all day!

i do get the news post... but, im just saying,.. theirs already a 5 pager on this topic.. (i dont see how it is a diff topic)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

The other topic is titled "Should D.C.Muslim Sniper Be Executed Tonight" discussing feelings towards his execution-to-be.

This topic is titled "Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed" and discusses the post execution.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

He was legally pronounced dead at 9:11pm. The lethal injection(s) were administered at approximately 9:06pm.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Execution is only appropriate when guilt is proven beyond any doubt. And in this case, there was no doubt. John Allen Muhammad was guilty of several murders. His execution saved the tax payers the thousands of dollars that would have been spent if he had been given a life sentence without parole. I don't feel sorry for him, he made his bed. My thoughts are with the families of his victims. I hope they find some peace.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Yeah, in the real-world sense, it means absolutely nothing, but it's still an interesting coincidence. I wonder if other conspiracy websites will try to make anything of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
it's always good to see someone get executed.

What a healthy statement.

It's actually chilling what you said, since the sniper would have had the same mindset. Don't you see the pattern? Good and bad are different extremes of the same thing. No one should be executed or put to death at the hands of another human being.

These people should be locked up for the rest of their life, ensuring that they are kept from any of lifes pleasures and given plenty of time to regret their actions. To kill them allows them to escape imprisonment and not suffer for their actions.

[edit on 10/11/09 by Nventual]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

It's actually frighting what you said

My statement wasn't meant to make anyone feel warm inside. It was meant to represent an unfortunate fact. There are a lot of people whom this world would be better without. The best way to rid us of those people is death.

I don't know why humans think because they are semi-intelligent that they are beyond the laws of nature. Your values and morals do not free you from the obligation that all living things must succumb to: kill or be killed.

Whether it is for good or for bad, people will always die at the hands of other people. This is not something we can think our way out of, develop a technology to prevent, or forcefully bring to an end. It is a fact of life and that will never change.

Some people need to die. This man was one of them. A lot of good, innocent people are killed every day. It's not such a bad thing when one of the bad, guilty ones meets the same fate.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If the innocent can suffer at the hands of the guilty, why can't the guilty suffer at the hands of the innocent?

If the innocent were to kill the guilty for killing the innocent, the innocent would no longer be 'innocent.' What makes them innocent for killing someone when the person they are killing is guilty?

It is a double standard that is ignored by the maniacal and it should not be allowed to stand.

This man was found guilty, and I sympathize with the victims' families, but 'justice' killing is no better than gunning someone down in cold blood. We are a society based on morals, only the morals seem to be twisted in favor of society more often than not; this case is a prime example of that.

How so? The only difference in killing someone with a rifle and killing someone with chemicals is the method of the murder. It is not a matter of right and wrong. When someone is killed by another person, it is always wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Barbarism should be the punishment. Torture is what we should give people like this along with child rapists and rapists period. Death doesn't seem to deter but do some damage to the mind and body and make it public.... There is your deterrence.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
you were obviously a troubled and disturbed person or you knew exactly what you were doing.... whatever the case. rest in peace

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

It's actually frighting what you said

My statement wasn't meant to make anyone feel warm inside. It was meant to represent an unfortunate fact. There are a lot of people whom this world would be better without. The best way to rid us of those people is death.

I don't know why humans think because they are semi-intelligent that they are beyond the laws of nature. Your values and morals do not free you from the obligation that all living things must succumb to: kill or be killed.

Whether it is for good or for bad, people will always die at the hands of other people. This is not something we can think our way out of, develop a technology to prevent, or forcefully bring to an end. It is a fact of life and that will never change.

Some people need to die. This man was one of them. A lot of good, innocent people are killed every day. It's not such a bad thing when one of the bad, guilty ones meets the same fate.

There are lots of people who you think the world would be better without? "Some people need to die"?. Not exactly innocent things to be saying. What defines an "innocent" person? You? If the sniper was my son, and you killed him because he wasn't innocent, then can I kill you? I don't really think you get see the tragic irony of murdering a murderer.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Now is not the time to get skittish or afraid in the face of the enemy.

These are interesting times.... eye for an eye and all that rot.

No sympathy for any murderer... Sympathy for a government that enjoys its ability to murder someone in such a glorious, timely and humane manner.

Keep the faith, no worries.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
If the innocent were to kill the guilty for killing the innocent, the innocent would no longer be 'innocent.' What makes them innocent for killing someone when the person they are killing is guilty?

Two words: The law.

Murder is an unlawful killing. The death penalty is a lawful killing. There is a difference.

The words "innocent" and "guilty" are being used as legal terms, not moral terms. Thus, lawfully killing a guilty person does not make those who killed him or her guilty.

There is no double standard with the killing of a guilty person, only one perceived by those with fabricated, politically correct morals.

The only double standard here is how the anti-death penalty crowd talks out of both sides of their mouth. They preach about how the death penalty is a immoral, but then claim it is just an easy way out for the guilty.

By claiming the death penalty is just an easy way out, you are inadvertently saying that life in prison is a much harsher and justified punishment.

So which is it? Is the death penalty harsh or is it easy? And how does wishing someone will rot away in prison for the remainder of their lives, being raped and beaten daily, make you any more moral than someone wishing them a quick death by way of execution?

You people can make yourselves feel better all you want by climbing up on your high horse and letting everyone know, using faulty logic and contradicting viewpoints, that your position is the moral high ground, but in reality, your solution is no better than the one you condemn.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's not immoral to wish for a murderer like this sniper to rot in prison and be subjected to whatever goes on that environment for the rest of his life. It's also not that it is immoral to kill a person regardless of what they've done than it is illogical.

The death penalty is an easy way out for the criminal, simple as that.
It makes you feel good killing him just as it made him feel good killing those people - both outcomes feel justified to the person involved.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So long jackass. thanks for making the world a better place. ( When they needeled you)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join