It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE CONCLUSION OF THE NASA LAWSUIT: Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The GAO found that many 1947 Roswell Army Air Field records were lost or destroyed just like NASA is saying about the 1965 Kecksburg, PA incident. How convenient.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 26-11-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
I was a witness to the bolide. December 9, 1965 in the early evening I was pumping gas into the rear of a car at a Sohio gas station on Cliffton Blvd in Rocky River Ohio. I was looking down at the bumper when I saw a really bright reflection that actually gave off heat. I turned and looked and saw this brilliant white-blue light streaming South West, breaking off pieces, with a luminecent tail. It disappeared behind buildings/trees. Looked like what what you see in fireball videos today. No turns, just a strait fast shot over the horizon and breaking up as it traveled. The 2 customers in the station were amazed, as well as the boss and myself, who could not stop talking about it the rest of the night. The next day, in the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper, headlines: "Tri-State Meteor observed by thousands" and subtitles, "May have crashed in Pennsylvania.." or something like that. From my perspective, this was a big metor, however I certainly was never near where it landed.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by charlyv]

I am going to bump this old thread, and also my own post back a few years ago which is shown above.
It occurred to me, especially after reading the excellent kecksburg post by our late ATS member, jkrog08: "The Kecksburg UFO Crash: December 9th, 1965, page 1", that my observation was a critical one in the determination of what that object was, or rather was not.

When observed, that object flew high overhead in the South West. If you look at the path and trajectory graphic that showed where this object landed, then there is no way that it could have been a meteor, since meteors cannot , and never have altered their course in flight. There is no way that I could have seen it, as well as my co-workers back then if it wound up in Kecksburg, which is nearly due East of my location. The object had to have changed course very near where I was in order to have wound up there. I was right outside of Cleveland Ohio in this observation. Check out the following chart:

This path actually shows what the object had to have passed near my location for it to have wound up in Kecksburg PA., since it was observed along the entire path by witnesses in Canada and Michigan. The object could not have been a meteor! I know that may not be new info for some, for for me, as a witness to the "Bolide", it is fascinating and I can just rule out any meteoritic explainations and concentrate on other explainations of what it really was.

Thanks for permitting me to bump this thread.

edit on 8-1-2012 by charlyv because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

If you look at the path and trajectory graphic that showed where this object landed, then there is no way that it could have been a meteor, since meteors cannot , and never have altered their course in flight.

There are many problems with your analysis.

Let's start with the nice map you drew. Are you aware the bolide exploded in mid air and that fragments from the explosion went in different directions? Your map and your post don't seem to indicate such awareness.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
what dogs... honestly Stalin wasn't wrong when he put those that did anything against their homeland or their people against a wall and riddle them with holes. IMO and its just that MY opinion we as a race KNOW that we aren't alone and we have some bits and pieces or maybe even a working number of disks we should unite and conquer as a whole. not a few retarded suits making the decisions that will never be brought to light to the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

If you look at the path and trajectory graphic that showed where this object landed, then there is no way that it could have been a meteor, since meteors cannot , and never have altered their course in flight.

There are many problems with your analysis.

Let's start with the nice map you drew. Are you aware the bolide exploded in mid air and that fragments from the explosion went in different directions? Your map and your post don't seem to indicate such awareness.

Well, first off, I witnessed it, the bolide did not explode in mid air when it passed over me, it was shedding material behind it. There is also no credible witnessed evidence that the bolide exploded mid-air, so I do not know where you got that information. As it turns out, it was not a "Bolide" at all.

Second, that map is as old as the event. It was published in sky & telescope, MUFON and Life Magazine and was copied from jkrog08's photo archive.

Third, real meteors that explode do so by hitting the atmospheric wall from 30 miles up down to 10, where the pressure is substantial. Bolides that explode like you suggested do not travel a few hundred miles horizontally as they have lost their cosmic velocity. All pieces come down usually within a 100 square mile area, mostly at terminal velocity.
edit on 9-1-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well, first off, I witnessed it, the bolide did not explode in mid air when it passed over me, it was shedding material behind it. There is also no credible witnessed evidence that the bolide exploded mid-air, so I do not know where you got that information.
It's well documented the bolide exploded, so if someone doesn't know about that, then they don't know much about the event. Here's the first page of a report based on many witness statements, 150 in total, 66 of which completed and returned forms with answers to questions about the event:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d3fb5383acc.png[/atsimg]As you can see the report indicates witnesses stated "a major burst occurred".

And here's one witness statement as an example:

www.mail-archive.com...@meteoritecentral.com/msg16119.html

Dec. 9, 1965

As a kid, I was pumping gas into a car at a SOHIO gas station, on
Clifton Blvd, Rocky River Ohio. It was in the afternoon, about 4 or 5PM.
All of a sudden everything got bright, like a flashbulb went off. I
remember looking at the bumper of the car that I was pumping the gas
into, and I could see the reflection of this blinding bright light. As i
turned to look up, it had just passed and there was another flash, and I
could see that whatever it was had split into 2 or 3 pieces.

Because of conservation of momentum, the center of mass of the individual pieces continues in the same direction, but the individual pieces can head in different directions after the explosion, even appearing to make angled turns as shown in the map, if the explosion occurred where the turn is drawn.

That said, there isn't any reason to believe any part of the Bolide landed in Kecksburg. The rational conclusion is that people in Kecksburg saw the bolide. Claims that they saw something other than the bolide, at the same time as the bolide, aren't very credible to me. If Kecksburg witnesses saw something at the time of the bolide, it was probably the bolide.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join