It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brit spies thwart terror plot to blow up NY Subway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been reported;

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Way to go Brits.

Thanks for saving our behinds.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wow, I guess this explains all the Chaos going on in Denver a couple of weeks ago? If so, and I could be mistaken, but this is a good follow-up to that situation.

At least they are getting enough intelligence to thwart some of the plans of these morons. I hope they are able to keep it up. Thank goodness for Scotland Yard!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No doubt by the time Hollywood make a film about this it will be US agents saving the world again! lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Actually they just came out with a movie about terrorist attacking NY subways before this happened. I think it called like pellingham or pelican 233.

Sounds like you have small country syndrome though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Not at all.
Hollywood has a history of altering historical facts to portray the US as the saviour of the world to satisy the US's inability to handle the fact that they did not unilaterally save the world from Hitler, Japan etc.
Any other suggestion dooms a film to financial disaster in the US as Americans just ain't interested in watching film's about other nations and nationalities.

I have no issue with American's, as has been stated and proven on numerous occassions here on ATS, and in the big bad world outside of here.

Your response was typical and expected.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

It was The Taking of Pelham 123. And it wasn't terrorists. It was an ex con stockbroker and other inmates. It was a dumb movie with no point and a predictable ending.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Just a few things about this story:

The chemicals bought were similar to those used to make the 2005 London Tube and bus explosives which killed 52 people.

However, some comments that were made contradict that it was home-made explosives used on 7/7.

Christophe Chaboud, the head of the French Anti-Terrorism Coordination Unit and one of five senior officials sent by the French government to London immediately after Thursday's attacks, told Le Monde that the explosives used appeared to be of military origin.

"The charges were not heavy but powerful," said Mr Chaboud. "Among the victims, many of the wounds [lesions] were in the lower limbs, indicating that the explosives were placed on the ground, perhaps under the seats. The type of explosives appear to be military, something which is very worrying. We're more used to cells making home-made explosives with chemicals. How did they get them? Either by trafficking, for example, in the Balkans, or they had someone on the inside who enabled them to get them out of a military establishment."

Source

The alleged plot was unmasked after an email address that was being monitored as part of the abortive Operation Pathway was suddenly reactivated.

Operation Pathway was investigating an alleged UK terrorist cell but went awry after the then Met Police counter-terrorism head Bob Quick was pictured walking into Downing Street displaying top secret documents.

Operation Pathway was a fix plain and simple. The next false-flag big terror scare for the UK, and it didn't go as planned. They arrested 11 innocent students and held them for months without charge when there was no evidence against them. None were charged and some have been deported even though they did nothing. So the only thing that 'went awry' was that they didn't have time to plant the evidence before the raids!

The British discovery also came at just the right time – the US had threatened to sever intelligence links over the release of Lockerbie bomber Al Megrahi.

How convenient!
I refuse to believe that the US would have cut intelligence links over that! And now, bob's yer uncle, here's a great reason not to cut the ties cause the good ol' Brits saved yer ass. Classic timing.

And his charge is great:

charged with conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

Wow! Is that what they charged Saddam with?? So can we go bomb this guys family in Afghanistan then. Oh wait........

Seriously, i'm glad they caught the guy if he was planning this. But i still don't trust them or the media's take on it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Any other suggestion dooms a film to financial disaster in the US as Americans just ain't interested in watching film's about other nations and nationalities.

Now, now. We LOVE all things Monty Python and my Dad was a HUGE Benny Hill fan.

We love the Brits.

Like a younger brother who we always have to protect.

I kid...because I care

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

An American with a sense of humour and who isn't easily offended.

Now that I like!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
But why aren't we at war with Pakistan?

From what i understand it's were a lot of the home grown terrorists go for training, it's were the Afghani taliban are trained (in some cases) and now this...

Glad this didn't come to light though, New York has suffered enough.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Pakistan would be much more complicated...besides they have Nukes.......

top topics

join