It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Me personally... I plan on picking up the game as soon as I get off from work here. I prepaid for it to make sure I'll be one of the first to play... although, I'm sure that I'm behind on all the people that started to play it at midnight this morning!

For kids: it's all about parent supervision
For Adults: If you don't like it... don't play it

There maybe a case here though. A Game that desensitizes us to shooting people. This might be what TPTB might actually want anyway. Is this the reason why you never heard of people going into shoot a public crowd... until here recently. Even in the Wild West here in America there was a certain code of conduct when walking around with guns on your hip. But, then again... I wasn't there.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Mod Note: This thread was moved from Breaking Alternative News to General Conspiracies rather than to the BTS Video Game forum because the OP raised a very good question regarding the content of the game, the answers to which may be conspiratorial in nature. Please stay on this original topic rather than pushing the thread to BTS by simply stating how great the game is or how fun it looks.
Thank you,
burdman30ott6
ATS Member and Moderator

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by MrSmith I don't see people dressing up a the Joker and terrorizing city's across America just because they saw it on T.V.

With or without their justification they'd still be sociopaths and the thing, be it a band, game or show, isnt going to turn anyone who isnt already a sociopath into a sociopath.

Bang on!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is just a game, not a "lets see who can kill innocent people" test. Just because you can kill innocent people in a game, does't mean ya would in real life. Most kids may even skip the level, if they find it so distasteful.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ok first cool, chill down not everything in life is a conspiracy video games are meant to be played and to have fun next year i am studying and going trough college to became a video game designer, and will try to became one

You gotta remember like movies video games are also entertainment
i am not going to waste my time and explain all different ways or how the birth of a video game story is and how it ends etc..

Second whoever said video games are brainwashing tools do you have any proof or solid evidence to your claims?

the reason people played america's army game wasnt because they wanted to became solders or anything it was because of realism taste.

So please people at ATS give video games a break ok?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Ok first cool, chill down not everything in life is a conspiracy video games are meant to be played and to have fun next year i am studying and going trough college to became a video game designer, and will try to became one

You gotta remember like movies video games are also entertainment
i am not going to waste my time and explain all different ways or how the birth of a video game story is and how it ends etc..

Second whoever said video games are brainwashing tools do you have any proof or solid evidence to your claims?

the reason people played america's army game wasnt because they wanted to became solders or anything it was because of realism taste.

So please people at ATS give video games a break ok?

Edited

I dont see ATS attacking Microsoft over there new Game Eye update for the xbox 360 which might worry some piracy nuts.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I was actually quite shocked by the level.
But it is a game... so i just shot people, as i was supposed to.

I thought this article was pretty good.

www.denofgeek.com...

The game is absolutely stunning to watch and fantastic to play.
Loving it.

Got a copy at 00:20am this morning

Was on it til gone 3am..

Then up at 7am for work :shk:

[edit on 10/11/09 by blupblup]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The problem is people think we are going to do what we are doing in the game in the streets, I'm 26 and I play video games since I'm 5 or 6, my first console was a sega master system
, I play only violent video games, fps, gta like, war simulation, etc.... And i've never start a fight or planned a mass murder attack in an airport.

In This level your an undercover agent who had infiltrated an terrorist organisation, those terrorist are doing this attack to send a "message" to the US, when you play "regular" soldier and shoot a civilian you have to restart at the last checkpoint.

Oh and by the way, the level in the airport, well it was... I can't find the word.... Ah yes AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

First time of my life I've bought a computer game and I'm absolutely not disappointed, go buy the game guys it rocks!!!!!!!

But why I don't think it is normal is parent buying +18 games to their child and lmet them play without telling them to make a difference between reality and video games.

[edit on 11/10/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It's a matter of education folks. I have a 14 year old. Is he going to get the game? Yes, as a matter of fact he got it today.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
spending an afternoon with my 11 year old cousin playing Call of Duty 4,

So there are no age limits to this game?
There's nothing worse than being in a squad in BF2 and hearing some little pipsqueak screetching down their mic.

I'm all for age controls on games and consider those who break them to be like those who disobey driving rules: stupid citizens.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
this game looks awesome.
i cant wait to get it.
i just have to secure the funds, once i do though it wont be long before im blastin jiggaz online

Just curious, since I'm not really a gamer, but what's jiggaz?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Just put an "N" where the "J" is. It's either shortened form of "jiggaboo" or more recently from a Jay-Z song edited for radio.

Used more often by more people because it's perceived as non-offensive though by the two forms above it should be just as offensive.

Or, it's meaning is fluid dependent on the context and group using it. As illustrated by the recent "Fags" episode of South Park and exemplified by most real-life situations where a rock-solid definition with a single-purpose is rarely ever the spirit of a word.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Not everyone believes in the same morals as you do, it's a fact of life.

Anyway interesting game, I saw the video and it did shock me a bit, I'm not easily shocked, I guess it reminded me of what happened in india. But it's just a game.

I might get this when I get spare money.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
makes me laugh when peole complain about games being too violent. They must think we are incapable of distinguishing reality from fiction.
Another thing if you want to watch graphic violence just watch the 6 oclock news or knight rider(new) the old cowboy and indian films rated pg and not to mention the bible and koran.....and so on. I wish i could meet the type of people who call these games violent because i like to give them a piece of my mind the damn hippocrites.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by aorAki

Not everyone believes in the same morals as you do, it's a fact of life.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

No, I realise that and I don't expect them to, but when it comes with an age control?
Would you let your child read Penthouse (black label)...or Hustler, or 'Out!'? Drink? etc...there are reasons we have these controls in place.
Also, warfare is an adult 'game' (at least in our lucky 1st world armies) so I don't think it is appropriate for kids to be playing this (especially if they use VOIP and some adult rages hard and foul!).

So, I stand by my original statement.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well I had fun gunning down the innocents, but not as much as blowing up the F.S.B with my M203 grenade, so much fun I've been and done the level again, video games are entertainment the same as movies, and I bet someone can think of more than one movie where terrorists blast up an airport....I'll start the ball Die Hard 2, MW2 is great

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Having played the game today. I'll just leave my 2 cents worth today. Wouldn't recommend some ATS members reading on if there games waiting to be played or something

The Airport level can be skipped. while playing it, I felt bad. Theses were unarmed Civives running from these Russian terroist, Its a powerful scene, how these men walk, no problem into this and kill all these people. Looking at the shooters they were cold. I think its meant to spread a point about terrorists.
These heartless men cause a war between Russia and Amercia (One you latter fight in) and show the true horror of a war on Amercian soil. A point it puts across quite well.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

"Outrage as new video game lets players kill civilians in terror attacks"

"Modern Warfare 2 accused of promoting terrorism"

is that what all the hype is about? lol that's pretty funny, it's just a game

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
maybe this will put things into perspective for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ad4e20f7814.jpg[/atsimg]

I hope that helps

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know the kids here on ATS tend to exxagerate and see conspiracy's where they dont exist, ...... but come on now, ... a video game ??

are we supposed to start examining why they put certain scenarios in games and how they relate to real life, or what subliminal message their trying to get across ???

It's a bloody video game for christs sake's..... just play it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Jesus!

What a stupid looking game.

Back to Galaga for me...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join