It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Astronaut Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Many ancient sites have many clues about our earth. A very good example is the great pyramid. But one thing is clear, the secrets of our origins and humanity is often passed down from generation to generation in a way that could survive cataclysms and the information theirin could be decoded at a later time.

Many ancient civilizations have left evidence of aircraft and possible space travel. It is said that the Tower of Babel was destroyed because it was used as a landing base from those traveling up into space.

Not only that but these landmarks are not exclusive to earth, but can be found on other planets, such as our moon and the planet mars.

One thing that is very clear when examining human history. Is that the planet earth has gone through several ages which all last about 3,600 years. That is the length of an age. It is also known that during this time there is often great changes on the planet earth, whether that may be a great flood, poleshift, etc.

Present day, mankind has sought to colonize the moon. They wish to colonize the moon in light that there may be an event that will bring great change to the earth. Likewise they have also built elaborate underground structures and tunnels for such an event.

So would I be out of line if I said, this has happened before. History repeats itself.

Lets say for example that around the year 2012 there is a massive pole shift in which the crust shifts about 30º. Would it be safe to say that for the most part humanity will be wiped out, but does have the ability to survive such a cataclysm even without going to an underground base or colonizing the moon. Needless to say if this occured there would be very few people who actually survive.

Now most commen men to not possess the knowledge, resources, money or technology for space travel. But mankind does. That stuff has been made available for people high ranking in government.

So perhaps that Gods who once visited the earth were not Gods at all. Maybe they were completely human but had the resources to colonize the moon, even if for a very short period of time say five to ten years. Is it possible that those people retained a large amount of knowledge about the earth and the solar system etc that they wanted to pass down to humanity, so that the information was not lost forever and as society begins to flourish? Therefore, in the immediate aftermath when they returned to planet earth in their space ships and modern inventions, they may appear to our following generations as Gods and instruct humans to build pyramids and large structures that contain information of our past.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You took the words out of my mouth. But how do you explain that all the old golds almost never look like people. Perhaps instead aliens were the ones? Who knows, though I agree with you almost entirely i cannot see that mankind would go to the moon to save themselfs, comeback and teach people once more. Then completly die out or leave us in the state that mankind was in 6,000 years ago. If people saved themselfs, they would just leave after making the pyramids.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I had a dream about 5 years ago that I keep rembering. I was on this rocky bank overlooking the pacific ocean I think and there were other people there with me, we were workers. I don't think we were quite slaves as they are often depicted, it reminded me more of the typical work we go to do every day. Except we were building something, right there on the coast. Now when I looked west over the ocean, what I saw at first glance was the moon. Although after examining it furth it appeared mych larger than the moon or closer. It wasn't the moon, it was this large city, and you could see things flying around it. It was not in earths atmosphere I don't think but damn close. It looked like the death star, in star wars.

In Revelations, New Jerusalem is described as being about 1,300 miles circumference. Thats like almost as big as the united states! It then goes on to say that in New Jerusalem, there will no longer be sunlight, but a light that will come from within new Jerusalem that will light the whole place. I think this sounds pretty crazy, but what if New Jerusalem is a large space craft, or a bustling city in the sky?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I Would like to bring up somthing that will validate your theory. We as a species have advanced little in our timeline. Its only been the past 200 or so years that we have made our great technological marvels. The species of modern man, homo sapiens, have been around for 125,000-150,000. Its common sence to say that if we gone this far in 5,000 years of recorded history what happened the other 140,000 years? Perhaps there was an advanced culture of people befor recorded history only to be wiped out by a catacylsm. Perhaps that is why most earliest cultures believe that the golden age was ended, and every since recorded history we all viewed ourself as living in the shadow of the human golden age

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

Yes, I can definitely see how the word god or angel could be misconstrued. If the human species are really that old then that would be ancestral knowledge. I think that maybe in part we are just documenting our own history for later knowledge to be passed down to later generations.

I was thinking maybe the golden age referred to a time when we as a human race were able to retain enough of that knowledge to build a better society, based on what we as a human race have aquired over several ages.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Perhaps it was very much like our own today, but without all the ignorance and social vices we put ourselfs in as a society.erhaps the government was not usuing knowlege for war but to better the society in general. I would love to see atomic energy used in a clean way instead of it mainly being used as weapons. If we stoped fighting, and put money into other beneficial things we would end all of our problems. Somthings wrong when the government spends more on weapons then it does on Sciences and Medicine.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well reguardless who is not to say that if this was true that this other society is not benevolent. Or maybe they are not benevolent but then they would still be accused of being benevolent.

I think that there is a great deal the government does behind the scenes to ensure the future of humanity. It is quite possible that humanitys real struggle is surviving the elements and evolving.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Talk about coincidences. I am currently watching the History Channel which is airing a two hour show on Ancient Aliens. Many of the points brought up in this thread are being discussed in this show. I recommend everyone interested in this topic to catch a repeat of this show.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ever heard of Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken? If not I'd suggest you check it out.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I could only hope the government wouldn't just save their greedy selves. You never know, someone could be digging us up one day. A lot of the human race now is taken for granted how lucky we are to be even here at this stage of humanity. Sadly, most people don't even think about the survival of mankind. Religion almost makes a false sense of a shield. Ex: God will come back, and I will be saved. This is why it doesn't even cross their minds.

Religious books should be interpreted with an update prefix. After all it is mostly warning you about the future. Don't rely on a false entity, you've got to make a productive movement for survival.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't know if there were any ancient astronauts or not; I'm fairly skeptical about the idea. I think it is at least possible aliens could have visited earth in the past, but I do not believe there was any advanced civilization living on earth before us, because there is no evidence of it.

Now, it is true that entire cultures have vanished for thousands of years without a trace, only to be rediscovered in modern times. (like the city of Hattusha I saw in a recent documentary) However, I think that for a civilization capable of space travel, that the only way they could have existed and us not have found their remains yet would be if they lived in a very remote and/or small area that is poorly explored to date. Something like Antarctica, for instance. (I'm not saying I think there is stuff there, just that it's the most unexplored part of the planet)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenYourHead

My honest opinion is that those who are on the interest of preserving their lines within the government and maintain power over the change of a new age is by manipulating the masses.

For instance, religion is a great mechanism. In order to manipulate the masses you have to set up a program that influences global conciouscness such as religion. Major world events and actastrophes can do it to.

I suspect that ultimately no program would be able to control who survives and who doesn't. Sometimes though it takes several generations to dumb people down enough to get them to accept such a program such as religion anyways.

It would benefit TPTB to avoid such a cataclysm, since they have the research and technology to do so.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Perhaps antartica is atlantis. Theres a theory that earths poles have shifted befor in the past, i forgot to what degree. But it would place anartica in much warmer climate then it is now. Perhaps the alien outpost or whatever you would like to call atlantis was there and is now buried beneath the ice.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Well I watched 2012 yesterday and there was a pole shift in the movie that put North Dakota in the area where the North Pole would be.

Anyhow I kinda think that maybe if such a thing would occur it would put Washington DC in the North Pole, which is about a 40º shift.

Why do I think this. Well if you look at the poles of Saturn or probably just about any other planet, you will notice that they have a hexagon shape or a cube shape.

Sort of like the shape and street layout of DC.

Atlantis may be there in antartica, the NAZI's set up a lot of bases in that area and Greenland, which there are German towns.

However scientists have linked Atlantis to an area near the bermuda triangle so I wouldn't rule that out either.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434
I Would like to bring up somthing that will validate your theory. We as a species have advanced little in our timeline. Its only been the past 200 or so years that we have made our great technological marvels. The species of modern man, homo sapiens, have been around for 125,000-150,000. Its common sence to say that if we gone this far in 5,000 years of recorded history what happened the other 140,000 years? Perhaps there was an advanced culture of people befor recorded history only to be wiped out by a catacylsm. Perhaps that is why most earliest cultures believe that the golden age was ended, and every since recorded history we all viewed ourself as living in the shadow of the human golden age

Very interesting that you mention this. I had made a post a few years ago mentioning that, with the rate of technological evolution and how long we have been around, and giving 1000 years for the erasing of civilization, there could have been about a dozen variations of advanced civilized human cultures on this earth, including the present time over the past 140,000 years.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As i think of things on the real scale of time and existance all our history is a flash in the pan and what we perceive as ancient may to other civiliztions only be a short while. We as a civlization really have no grasp on time if it even exists at all. These visitors may have just been here a few minutes ago on the grand scale and whos to say they havnt found a way to bridge time through watever technology. Just we limit ourselves to think withtin the box that we ourselves have created we ve built our own cage of perception.
Ancient aliens are part of our history and we truly are a species suffering from a bad case of amnesia.

There is a lot of evidence to show similarities around the globe during times when humans were not in direct contact with each other. So many similarities Example: Well its hard to miss the pyramids found on almost every continent coinsedance not likely. But ive definately been wrong before!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Present day, mankind has sought to colonize the moon. They wish to colonize the moon in light that there may be an event that will bring great change to the earth. Likewise they have also built elaborate underground structures and tunnels for such an event.

So would I be out of line if I said, this has happened before. History repeats itself.

Only if you expect us to accept your musings as fact without you providing what is commonly know as proof.

Otherwise, muse away...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If all this has happened before, where's the evidence of plastics, exotic alloys, exotic things that don't occur in nature? Surely there'd be a ton of those plastic bags the supermarkets supply. Why no super aincient gold coins or evidence of cars or other metal vehicles? If the aincients were capable of space travel, why not leave a geosynchronis sattelite as a marker bouy? Surely they didn't all leave on spaceships. Someone would be around to record the event. What did they do for spacesuits? Rocket fuel? Without any links to archaeolgical evidence this thread is a "hey wouldn't it be cool if....." thread. Yeah it would be cool but it aint.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, the hypothsis of the original poster is basically the same as Von Daniken and all the others have been preaching since the 1970's. It has been discussed over and over, and in honesty, there will in my opinion never be a true 'yes or no' answer barring some amazing new archaeological discovery.

That being said, for me, there is enough substance in the debate not to discount the Ancient Astronaught theory...

There was a recent BBC documentary following a scientific investigation. The documentary centred around the premise that if Man stopped to exist 'right now', how long would traces of our current civilisation last. Computers, buildings, cars, etc

The answer was surprising - around 400-500 years MAXIMUM! After this time, only the biggest of stone monuments would be around, and nothing of civilisation would be left.

With this in mind, there is definitely scope for 'ancient ancestors', or a previous advanced civilisation to have existed, and also sheds a new light on huge monuments such as the Pyramids, and the seemingly shared knowledge of many geographically diverse cultures.

If evidence of our existance could be wiped off the planet in such a short time, the idea of there being a highly advanced civilisation(s) that existed 10k+ years ago, that exceeded our current level, be it in the Indus Valley, the pre-cursor to the Egyptian civilisation or elsewhere, should not be discounted... we can just never 'prove' it.

FF

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fraank Fontaine
There was a recent BBC documentary following a scientific investigation. The documentary centred around the premise that if Man stopped to exist 'right now', how long would traces of our current civilisation last. Computers, buildings, cars, etc

The answer was surprising - around 400-500 years MAXIMUM! After this time, only the biggest of stone monuments would be around, and nothing of civilisation would be left.

Then how come we keep digging up artefacts that cover the whole range of human existence? Not to mention heritage landscapes, etc, etc. And most artefacts are...to some degree...diagnostic. Think about your statement, please.

Like they say "Love is fleeting, but stone tools are forever".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join