It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It could only happen in America ! a email circulating may be harsh not my intent.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It could only happen in America !
If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, TRY THIS:
Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.
Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly. Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, "It is a cultural, USA thing. You would not understand, pal."
Keep your American identity strong.
Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.
Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal presence in Mexico. Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws. You will have a good excuse, you can't read the signs.
Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers.
Take your born-in-Mexico child, claim citizenship in Mexico, and apply for every welfare benefit you can find.
Do NOT learn about Mexican taxes. If you don't learn about them, you don't have to pay them.
Come to Mexico with a trade skill. Put Mexicans out of work.

You'll be demanding for the rest of time or soon dead, because it will never happen. It will not happen in Mexico or any other country in the world except right here in the United States, Land of the naive, stupid idiotic, politically correct politicians for not applying the immigration laws already on our books!

I see his point..thats what is so bad

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's why it's so bad?

They should all be plus points. It means that you're a good country where peoppe want to come and live, and that you can support them because you're advanced and multicultural enough to do so. It's something to be proud of. There's a few of these "it's all them immigrants fault" type emails floating round. And they do nothing but spread hate. It's rascism at the end of the day.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
That's why it's so bad?

They should all be plus points. It means that you're a good country where peoppe want to come and live, and that you can support them because you're advanced and multicultural enough to do so. It's something to be proud of. There's a few of these "it's all them immigrants fault" type emails floating round. And they do nothing but spread hate. It's rascism at the end of the day.

It isn't racism. It's pointing out another big flaw in a system that is riddled with big flaws.

The fact that the US taxes the citizens to buy votes so they can control the citizens isn't enlightened, advanced or multicultural. It's backwards.
Its politics.

The US isn't the only government that discriminates against its own citizens and caters to non contributors, aliens, special interests and big money in order to pad the pockets of the politicians. It is, however, the one that pays the best dividends to those who support the corruption and call it a good thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i guess someone needs to think up a new nick name for america.

"the land of hope and glory" seems to be a thing of the past. (in the eyes of that guy's email anyway)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
In your wall of text only this is worth agreeing too.

Originally posted by TheAmused
It could only happen in America !
right here in the United States, Land of the naive, stupid idiotic,

I see his point..thats what is so bad

[edit on 10-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Doesn't 90% of this happen now anyway? Honestly we Americans aren't what you would call stellar when it comes to blending in and assuming the local culture.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

It is not racism. It is against law breakers. Most Amerians do not have a problem with Mexicans that are here legally. It is just the illegal ones who use us like a dead beat alchy relative who sneaks in at night drunk and pisses on the couch before he leaves then thinks you are the one with the problem when you flip out on him.

Great post for the OP. S&F. It is all TRUE.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Eh? That happens in every western country.. Just not with mexicans. For us its African, middle eastern and Eastern European.

Another stupid generalization from an ignorant idiot who thinks they have the burden of the world on their little shoulders.

[edit on 10/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The problem is not America, it's not Mexico, - it's not Americans or Mexicans... the problem is the profitability of disregarding the law, and the fact that the political elites protect their profit-making friends and themselves over the application of law - to the detriment of the idiots who actually believe them when they make their campaign promises.

If the laws were actually enforced as they are written, these problems would be much easier to contend with.

Insofar as immigration is concerned even MEXICO knows America is supremely corrupt. And that's saying something.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Eh? That happens in every western country.. Just not with mexicans. For us its African, middle eastern and Eastern European.

Another stupid generalization from an ignorant idiot who thinks they have the burden of the world on their little shoulders.

He is pointing out that the USA has laws that are willfully disobeyed and those who disobey them are rewarded. If a US citizen complains about these criminals he is then vilified.

Real simple. There is a law so ENFORCE IT.

I am aware of the problems with immigrants in the European Union. Is there also a major problem with un-papered immigrants who have entered the countries illegally?

I have not heard that problem discussed.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The only real solution is to get the government to enforce immigration laws and ship them back over the border when they are caught.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

DITTO... well said.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Migration has been happening since the dawn of mankind, it's as natural as eating, reproduction, war and all the other silly things humans do. The fact that today it's happening legally OR illegally is just a proof of how natural migration comes to humans.

And all of today's countries and nations and cultures and languages are the result of some previous migration. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
www.canadafreepress.com...

Maybe we should just follow Mexican law on immigration?

#

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:
# Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
# Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
# Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
# The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
# Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
# A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
# A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
# Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
# Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
# Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
# Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
# Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
# "A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
# Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
# Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
# A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
# Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I agree with the email.
It is very annoying and I greatly resent their presence.
Many are drunk outside my apartment building the urinate in public on our bushes,they push around grocery carts selling corn on a stick and honk horns, the use food stamps.....

This is not against Mexicans because many of these people are from other countries. I have no problem with a legal immagrant, that pays taxes and does not live off the system.

I love all cultures but want all cultures to show some respect to oneanother.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Enter Mexico illegally. Never mind immigration quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.
Ok, that's easy enough. In most places you can legally walk across the border into Mexico. It's getting back legally into the US that requires proof of citizenship.

Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for you and your entire family.
This is another blatant lie about the American Health Care System. Illegal immigrants are NOT given free medical care. Rather, there are laws in place which do not allow "EMERGENCY" care facilities to deny EMERGENCY care for lack of money or insurance information. Now, I agree that many people without insurance (both here legally and illegally -- Life long citizens and people just "off the boat" alike) are generally unable to pay for the care they receive. That does not mean it's free.
Furthermore, I don't want to live in a country where emergency care is denied to anyone in need of such care. Your system would mean if you were alone and vacationing away from your family Doctor or Hospital, and were hit by a bus and unconscious, then the ER in that city would have a right to refuse service to you because of your inability to show proof of your ability to pay for the services provided. Being white is not proof of ability to pay any more than being brown is proof of an inability to pay by the way.

Demand bilingual nurses and doctors.
Demand free bilingual local government forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly. Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive behavior with, "It is a cultural, USA thing. You would not understand, pal."
Keep your American identity strong.
Fly Old Glory from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your front window or on your car bumper.Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do likewise. Demand classes on American culture in the Mexican school system.
This is really ignorant of history. The Irish, Italian, German, and Jewish immigrant movements were all slow to assimilate, but did. They lived in ghettos where their native tongue and native foods and lifestyle products were used almost exclusively.
Beyond this historical FACT, is another, of which, you might not be aware, that being that English is the 3rd most spoken language on the planet, behind Chinese (Mandarin) and Hindi. But is the MOST recognized language internationally. It is the official language of 83 countries and spoken 105 countries (see www.nationsonline.org... ) So, no matter if you are in Mexico or points beyond North America, you will be able to do business with only your English. This is especially handy since American schools and our society in general are so unwilling to learn anything about other languages and cultures.
I personally am teaching myself Spanish and can read write and speak in Russian. (Relax, I'm not a commie, I Learned in US Military), and wish I knew more languages. Wake up and smell the variety we have things to learn from each other and communication between people is the key to understand our differences, AND our similarities.

Demand a local Mexican driver license. This will afford other legal rights and will go far to legitimize your unauthorized, illegal presence in Mexico. Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws. You will have a good excuse, you can't read the signs.
If an undocumented immigrant were to do those things here they would and should be prosecuted. Do these things happen, yes of course, but is it something we as a culture condone:no, of course not. So what is the problem here. It does happen, and when it does, we would all agree it should be stopped and those responsible should be liable under our laws.

Insist that local Mexican law enforcement teach English to all its officers. Take your born-in-Mexico child, claim citizenship in Mexico, and apply for every welfare benefit you can find.
Again, ignorance must be bliss. Why should a citizen not receive all benefits that he or she is rightfully entitled to under the law. You do under stand that under the Constitution of the United States of America, a child born on American soil, is a US citizen, regardless of its parentage, no??? See section 1 of the 14th Amendment. www.law.cornell.edu... Sure, there are those that disagree with the original intent of the 14th Amendment, but until the law is changed by the legislature or the Supreme Court, it remains the law of the land, don't like it... run for congress!

Do NOT learn about Mexican taxes. If you don't learn about them, you don't have to pay them.
I agree that this is BS. However, there are simply bigger fish to fry in a taxation game. . . Namely Multi National Conglomerate Corporations which buy their politicians and shield their income offshore or in investments. I'll join you in your crusade to get the nickles and dimes the illegals haven't paid only after we get the Corporate Elite to pay their share.

Come to Mexico with a trade skill. Put Mexicans out of work.
I don't know a lot of out of work migrant vegetable and pickers, or chicken catchers, or motel maids, or dishwashers, or ...Ok you get the picture. The real problem here is that your complaints are founded, but they are aimed at the wrong target. It shouldn't be the workers we go after (there will just be new ones right behind them) but instead should go after the people that hire illegally. Watch "Food Inc." for a good story about migrant workers and the corporations who hire them, then tell me which side of that argument we should be reigning in.
Listen, I'm not a liberal loving open borders kinda guy. But these types of e-mails use falsehoods and generalizations to play on the fears of those that do not know or do not understand the reality of the immigration problem. America's immigration policy is not very effective, but the immigrants are not the problem...the system that allows and encourages the behavior is the problem, and the politicians and corporations who abuse that system are the first to point the finger of blame at those least able to defend themselves.

-Peace
AAH

edit: spelling

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Artephius Abraxas Helios]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

"land of hope and glory is England dude," America is "the home of the brave," lol, anyway, that same email could be applied here in the UK, only here it wouldnt be mexicans but just the entire continent of asia, oh yeah and poland lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I can guarantee those that are whining about immigrants would do exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed. It's just ignorance hiding behind 'the law'.

These hypocrites don't care about the law, they've just found something to blame all their supposed problems on. They're angry and frustrated that their world isn't the way they want it, but are not educated enough to understand that the real problem is themselves, so they lash out at an easy target.

This has happened all over the world since time began. The uneducated finding an easy scapegoat for their anger. The real 'educated' racists know this and take advantage of it with their propaganda, such as the OP's email. We went through this in the UK in the 80's, there was a lot of discontent with the government, a lot of unemployment and poverty. It spawned a neo-Nazi upsurge, fueled by such groups as the National Front exploiting the anger of those less able to understand the true nature of their societies problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Dermo

It is happening in Australia, England France , spain, > most euro countries, Canada....put it this way name a westen country that it doesnt happen would be easier to do.

It's just ignorant racist Americans that only think it happens to them.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Thats because the only domestic problems that are really ever discussed in this forum are American problems.

Honestly.. what do you think?

30% of the worlds wealth in 500 million people surrounded by Russia, Africa and the middle east where people survive on anything from 2 euro's a day. The worlds best social welfare policies and healthcare systems with no borders once you are inside the EU.

EU problems are massive. Ever hear of the Muslim build up? Something like 50% of the European population will be Muslim by 2050 and a massive amount of them are illegals. Thats tens of millions of immigrants per year both legal and illegal.

Also the whole empirical thing.. the population of many of the countries that were once colonies of European empires can immigrate to the now EU member state legally - once they are in, they can go to most states. Most of those ex colony countries are now muslim.

On top of that, there are always massive shifts in groups to the states with better social welfare promise. That includes huge amount of new EU nationals from newly added, poorer eastern block states every time the EU expands but tbh, we don't mind that because they are actually European.

This is why this whole "America is the only country that gives welfare to immigrants" seems so ridiculous... And it was implied in that email. We don't complain about it as much because we're used to helping people (getting ripped off lol) through our social policies.

[edit on 10/11/09 by Dermo]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join