It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage shows insurgents with U.S. ammo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Footage shows insurgents with U.S. ammo

www.theglobeandmail.com

Television footage broadcast today showed insurgents handling what appears to be U.S. ammunition in a remote area of eastern Afghanistan that American forces left last month following a deadly firefight that killed eight troops.

The U.S. military said the forces that left the area claim they removed and accounted for their equipment

Al-Jazeera broadcast video showing insurgents handling weapons, including anti-personnel mines with U.S. markings on them.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ummmm ya
This happens WAYY too often!

You know I remember reading an article on MSNBC saying that the IEDs that were killing troops and their vehicles were american-made.
That article has disapeared.
Then Haliburton made a killing off IED-resistant Vehicles.

This is just war profiteering and it happens all too often.

The war is a complete sham, a hoax

There is no War on Terror
There is no War on Drugs

There's a war on us the people and on our minds

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for posting the thread. You beat me to it.

I love this bit here. Same Source.

The ammunition could be used against U.S. and Afghan forces, although the amount shown was not extensive. However, the footage will no doubt be used by insurgent propagandists to promote their “victory” over the Americans and encourage their supporters.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that ammunition and materiel falling into the hands of the enemy, in the course of warfare, is about as old as warfare itself. In Afghanistan itself, locals fought the Soviets using AK-47s and other such weapons.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62250c76ff42.jpg[/atsimg]

U.S. Marines with Headquarters Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division fire AK-47 assault rifles at targets during a foreign weapons fire at Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms, Calif., May 6. The Marines are taking part in training exercise Desert Scorpion and are familiarizing themselves with weapons found in Iraq and Afghanistan. Photo: Department of Defense
Linky

[edit on 10-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I didn't follow the links, but are they using American made items, like a smith and wesson handgun for instance, or things directly issued to/by like the military?

I mean its not hard in the US to get an AK, it can't be too hard to get an AR15 over there.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmmn. Most US equipment is made to NATO standards. Given the number of NATO countries that have or have had troops in Afghanistan, is there any proof that it is US ammo. Another thing to consider is that the US is a major supplier to Pakistan and there have been Pakistani troops and installations overrun by the Taliban. If we didn't have so many bleeding heart Liberals I could see booby trapping some ammo and letting the Taliban think that they captured it. It's amazing what happens when you replace the powder in a 7.62 round with C-4 or shorten grenade fuses to 1 second.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The USA is the worlds single largest arms dealer. Why is it surprising in the slightest that their munition is finding its way into Insurgent hands?

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked to find out they were sold it directly, rather then getting it 3rd hand. That's the way the Military Industrial complex works, ladies & gents. Sun Umbrella's.

top topics

join