It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Letter 7: The Wishful Thinking of Those Prone to Complacency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Then there were none; none to hear the quiet gasp of the American Dream in its agonized death throws, senses masked by the parasitic pursuit of any reason for wishful thinking; the hallmark of those prone to complacency, their subconscious grasping futilely for the rationale needed to ignore the obvious surrender of individual liberties. Such rationale, no matter how thinly coated a white wash job that it is, is readily provided by the state controlled media’s glowing reviews of Obama’s miraculous non-job creating economic ‘recovery’ with its steadily increasing unemployment, imploding commercial real estate ‘bubble’, collapsing dollar with building inflationary pressure; ready to explode, like some nightmarish Nagasaki economic doomsday.

While perhaps not really fooling those that do know better, such ‘white wash’ does allow the mental ‘fig leaf’ necessary to return to the “New Speak” delusional deep sleep of Obama’s ‘Matrix’. Such being the self-absorbed struggle to pretend all is well, despite the obvious evidence to the contrary; with the much needed addition of the conscious placating pretense of “social justice”, as there is no excuse for aiding through inaction, or by active support, the ascendency of the ‘state’ over Constitutional Liberty. All of which having the same result, former active patriots leave the bulwarks of Liberties defense for the “hear no evil, see no evil and think no evil” desperate pursuit of some semblance of normality.

Now of course, there are those sad victims of the Progressive outcome based education’s historical revisionist indoctrination with the state controlled media’s “New Speak” spin of the two political parties’ ‘good is evil’ and ‘evil is really good’ hypnotic rants. They are the glassy eyed denizens of an alternate reality so pervasive that they actually believe THEY are defenders of liberty, true patriots that are upholding the Constitution and Bill of Rights by allowing them to ‘evolve’ from mere list of “negative liberties” to proactive government provision of an entitlement to the transfer of the wealth of others, by way of evermore regressive taxes, with the resulting downward definition of who is rich and thus the current target of the class warfare Progressives utilize to enslave. So convinced are they of the moral purity and righteousness of such logically opposed absurdities that they are far beyond normal appeals to reason. They are New World Order’s cannon fodder, who will march blindly to the Statist flute; that is until they are marked, sheered and cooked.

However, all Americans who are intellectually honest, subconsciously at least, realize that what it once meant to be an American is being lost to the witch hunt of political correctness, with its creation of the new crime of individual exceptionalism and achievement through the promotion of the herd mentalities necessary mediocrity. Some perhaps choose to ignore the loss, or surrender to what they have accepted as the inevitable; their open hostility reserved for those who dare not submit, as it is the refusal to kneel that highlights the shame of their treason.

Never the less, as I stand at the bulwarks of Liberties defense, rifle at port arms, I wonder at the complacency of the Americans who will not stand for whatever reason, or of those who have returned to sleep due to the continued false recoveries’ propping up of our economic house of cards. I wonder if their conscious is so seared that they do not recognize the depth of their treason, the evil of the chains they would accept for future generations of Americans by their refusal to take a stand. Then I remember that the names of the complacent during our first Revolution are forgotten, their graves not among the honored dead; even their blood rejected by the soil that received the blood of Patriots, as if some foreign filth to be ignored; they lay forever in shame.

[edit on 11/10/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

There is not much one can add to your thoughts.Even as more and more awaken to the depth of the problems we all face,the truth cannot be learned over night. I too fear that a response will be to little to late
I pray that the majority are passing the point of preparation and entering the point of action.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No brother, I have no fear that the response to the 'Second Shot Heard Around The World' will be too little too late, the hand of Providence guides this Revolution Part 2 also. What I am amazed at is the thinning of the ranks in the face of the enemy through the persuasiveness of complacency.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I beg to disagree with you SGT. I happily suggest to you that possibly you are not seeing what is happening among the American people.

I see a steady growth of brave patriots banning together and taking action to correct the deplorable condition our country has found it's self in.

This is not a time for empty words of condemnation. It is a time of action.

It is time to join with your brothers and sisters and take back America.
But it is required of you to get up out of your chair and leave the safety of your home and look for and mix with those that are taking a stand.

It's happening as we speak. Good men and women know what must be done and are loyal to the preservation of our constitution and are willing to take a stand and die if necessary.

The powers that be would have you believe that it cannot be done. They want you to feel helpless and out numbered. They would have you believe your neighbors are sheep and have dead eyes.

Not so brother. Our great nation is awake and willing to stand and be counted. You just have to get out of your comfort zone and shake the trees.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I agree with Dizzie. Just because a few of your friends in a very narrow niche of people have fallen off does not mean the rest of the American public has. Guns and Ammo sales are still skyrocketing and people are generally aware that something bad comes this way and the media is full of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I have to agree with you. Something is stirring within the masses. They are questioning things. This to me is the first sign that maybe they feel they are not being told the whole truth. If you remember when you became "awake" there is a lot of confusion that comes with it, you get self doubt, and wonder if it is just you. Well that is all changing not as fast as I would like it, but an awareness of some sort has fell on the masses.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The truth we hold in hearts will never die. As minutes turn into hours and hours turn into days the sinking in my stomach only grows deeper. We are on a path that has no turns but many roadblocks along the way. You can see it in peoples eyes, the eyes do not lie.

A slow death spiral is what they have given us. Time breeds apathy and apathy breeds time. We will once again put our hands over our hearts with pride with no fear of what we are showing pride to. The future is ours and our childrens fear not.

Subjective Truth

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Not speaking to the 'new' awaking massive middle America, but on the 'old' front liners of the Patriot movement; cir. 1990's. It seems that just when all we have worked for is paying off, they are taking off for the woods. We need to hold the line. THANK GOD for the Tea Party movement.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

"Guns and Ammo sales are still skyrocketing "

Here where I live, gun and ammo sales are restricted. Yes you can buy ammo, but only a certain ammount, and when you go over that ammount, you have to fill out paperwork as to why you're wanting so much amm, and or that new AK-47 you just picked up at the local gun dealers' shop.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Good day Sarge.

When i look around me, i see people who do indeed seem complacent. People who speak, but do not do. People who listen, but do not comprehend. People who see, but refuse to believe.

i have long been of the idea that human beings are a reactionary species. It comes with the sentience. Yet, it seems this trait has been bred out of many. and for those who it wasnt bred out of, it was removed wholesale.

No longer are humans reactionary creatures. Neither are they proactive creatures. They have become immovable, unaware, almost unintelligent creatures.

America. Have people lost the sense of pride that name evokes? America. As the walls come crashing, and the fire slowly eats the armchair, as it starts lapping at the tv, one would think, ahh, now the people will get up and try to save the house. But alas, it is not so.

And those who have always stood outside with the firehose, waiting for the fire, they are no longer there. The hose has been set down. They have walked away.

What is missing is Hope. The man in office got there by spreading the message of Hope. But what really happened, was that the Hope was extinguished, replaced with the fires of Despair.

Not so much Complacency as it is Despair. A faltering of inner confidence, smouldering of the remnants of Hope and Pride. Asking of themselves, What have we truly achieved? The time and effort we have put into this thing, and the outcome is the same as it has ever been. Will it never get better?

But worry not my friend. For those who have fallen in Faith and given up their Hope, there are others who will rise to take their place. Some will allow the fires to consume them, while others have lept at the first smell of smoke and are now grabbing fire extinguishers and water hoses.

They may not be holding the firehoses of old, but they will use whatever means they have available to put out that fire.

And for those who didnt. Well, theres always Dust in the Wind.

This Nation Shall Not Fall.

Love and Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
People could care less about what's happening with america right now! But let them miss their favorite reailty show and watch them go berserk! You people that think americans will make a stand better think again! There are no more militias that are viably intact to make any kind of a stand because the gov't has neutralized them over the last 20 years. The seige at Ruby Ridge Idaho against Randy Weaver was the removing of the last american patriot!

The last standing legitimate militia are the militiamen of montana, and they themselves have said that the true militia movement is basically over because the leaders of them are either dead or in jail. The gov't will have no trouble containing the masses that do take to the streets when the crap hits the fan. For the american people do not have access to helicopters, tanks, and other various sorts of weaponry that are required to do battle!

I can see a bunch of folks toting their deer rifles to the capital in dc now? Then, get gassed and mowed down like a field of wheat underneath a john deere combine! This battle should have been fought long ago, for if it had we wouldn't be where we are now!

posted on Dec, 18 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SGTChas

I thought I would bump my son's last thread posted here.
He no longer posts anything and I had forgotten about this
thread.In my opinion,it is a good read and applies to our
current situation even though he wrote it years ago.

top topics

join