It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we missing something? when did you last feel fit and healthy ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Over the last three weeks Ive noticed that most of the people I come into contact with are a bit " under the weather". My usual greeting of " Hi, how are you today" has been met with responses led by " ah well, or mmmm" usually followed by "Im ok" or "Ive been better".

On talking to people they say they are not quite at 100% as far as their health is concerned and Ive heard the way they feel described as... hanging for a cold or something, carrying an infection or even run down. After discussion most have said that whatever the ailment is it just never seems to become full-blown, instead it lingers on with some saying it has lasted for 10 weeks or more.

At this time of the year being unwell is not uncommon with the many colds etc that are going about and I myself had a bad headcold in early October that even now seems to come and go.

IMO what is strange (and a bit intriguing) is the fact that its nearly everone I know that is feeling under the weather, not a few, but everyone.

I would appreciate any input from anyone that is also noticing their own circles of contacts are also not quite themselves just now and has anyone felt this way for any length of time.

Im not looking to identify a conspiracy or lay blame, I am trying to gather information and see if this is widespread.

Appreciated and respects.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by captiva]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
perhaps if told them about this
Look

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I did and got some great recipes, remedies and protectors back. Including honey to aid the immune system and rhubarb as it apparently kills of infection.

What Im looking for is a general concensus as to whether more people than usual are feeling unwell but not unwell enough to interfere with their daily lives.

Respects

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've not said one word about chemtrails on this site. Not that I recall. I'm beginning to think there's something to it. I've noticed many people run down as well. I've thought for years now that people are slowly being dumbed down, and suffer weakened immunity. Recently, it's seemed to be accelerating. Anyone else notice this?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Stay fit and healthy my friend, take regular doses of Vitamin d3. Especially in the winter season, lack of sunlight you see. Read up on it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I have been feeling that way for a while now. I'm hoping to see this thread unfold to find out what it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Im a fit 51 year old who behaves like a 20 year old and the doctor and I are usually strangers. I would say Im not 100% health wise just now and there are very few of my contacts who are. So, you may be right.

I also wonder if the populations mental health is suffering due to so many upheavals like the banking fiasco and resession and this may be having an adverse affect on peoples health and their ability to fight off common ailments.

respects

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Physical health follows mental health. If you ask most people right now, they will tell you that they are overworked, stressed out and worried about their finances. .

Stress is also known to weaken the immune system making people more vulnerable to infection. .

Unfortunately, this is all going to get much worse.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
did they take the vaccine? if they did that's probably why they feel that way. all the crap they put in that shot can't be healthy

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Reasons
1. Thanksgiving and Christmas are difficult for many because of screwed up family dynamics that intensify neart the Holidays etc.

2. Seasonal Weather etc especially if temps are going cold, warm, hot sunny dreery rainy alot..

3. Time change

Thanksgiving and Christmas...same ole same ole. Stuff our faces, drink, buy presents ask for presents, lie to our kids about Santa and Jesus.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I have been feeling that way for a while now. I'm hoping to see this thread unfold to find out what it is.

I hope we may be able to at least get a feel for whether this underlying but not full blown ailment is widespread. Although, if it is widespread, finding out what it is would be difficult if not impossible.

Can I ask what are your underlying symptoms?

respects

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I have noticed that there is a lot more tension on the roads. Drivers can always get a feel for the attitude and tension among others drivers, and for me attitudes seem to have gone down the toilet over the past few months. It has been a slow process but it has definitely been a decline from where I am sitting. I know Edinburgh folk are not known for their friendliness, and they are as dour as they come unless you are a tourist burdened with money (of course).

Things are getting ridiculous and I am not imagining it.

There have been cars pulling out without indicating or a teenage child running out into the road at night form a garden gate. He was so fast that I had no chance to do an emergency stop and nearly ended up clipping him. Had I hit him he would have been badly hurt if not killed outright. Just remembering it makes my toes curl. The weird thing about that was he never even looked in my direction, he just sprinted across two lanes of busy traffic like it was a nothing and disappeared into the dark with his hoody up.

Few people even look each other in the eyes and if they do then it is a shifty sideways look that indicates distrust and an expectation of danger. I really dislike that because I am not a threat, I am just a baldy headed guy going about my business and I wish no person to feel ill at ease just because I am walking near them or past them - sigh. Heck I’m the guy that will put you out if you burst into flames or the guy that will come running if you call out for help (I am weird like that).

Another thing I have noticed personally is that I have been sleeping much more and for longer, my dreams are extremely vivid and always they come with grand apocalyptic and highly detailed themes. I keep waking up at 03:30 roughly (I check) and the dreams are disturbing to say the least.

At the gym I picked up an injury to my left hamstring and the thing just will not heal and this is annoying because I am careful to warm up, warm down and to stretch. This is a weird one for another reason because I have always healed really fast. Example months ago I brained myself against the roof of my daughters summer house as I chased my dog and the graze was gone within four days - normal.

My hamstring however has been with me for much longer and just persists like a bad smell. I keep training but I am reduced to the cross trainer and any running is off the menu. Such little things should not be a depressant but I really love running and can find real mental, near spiritual peace on a good run no matter the weather.

Then yesterday I get an email from my bro who lives in Germany that his son has come down with confirmed swine flu which had me in a spin for a while but so far he seems to be fighting it off without resorting to tamiflu and is a big no, no on the vaccine. I hope the choice was the right one.

Such times we are living in eh?

To me it feels like pressure and it feels like something wants to give. Maybe my perceptions are skewed but I’m normally quite attuned to my social environment those around me that share my space.

It feels like pressure a building over many months of stress and worry; I hope it gets better soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If you are sick, you have sick energy. A good look into your spiritual self will no doubt tell you what to do about your issue.

A healthy spiritual body and a healthy mental body will produce a healthy physical body.

As above, so below. As within, so without.

edit to add as we approach 2012, the light entering Earth will continue to get stronger, this illuminates those parts of a person in need of healing, don't ignore it

[edit on 9-11-2009 by blujay]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

ah...the dreaded 3.30 awakening. Like you I have started this habit only my time is 3.23 am, at least 5 times a week. At first I thought it was because I needed the toilet because I would go when I wakened. I have since realised that its not needing a "P" that wakes me up to being fully allert straight away.

Its a strange but common occurance to so many people and probably deserves a thread of its own.

Im in Ayr, in Scotland. If we are going to continue to waken at our time, maybe we could give each other a call to discuss symptoms.

Respects

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Originally posted by Phlynx

I hope we may be able to at least get a feel for whether this underlying but not full blown ailment is widespread. Although, if it is widespread, finding out what it is would be difficult if not impossible.

Can I ask what are your underlying symptoms?

respects

Underlying symptoms as in stuff that I have besides this? I have allergies, but that's about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

No, sorry I meant what are the symptoms you are feeling that makes you feel " not quite right" health wise.

I wrongly used the word underlying to describe the fact that the ailment never seems to go to full blown illness. My apologies.

Respects

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi,

Ive been feeling rough for around a week or so now, it began with a fever, dull headache behind my eye, sore, swollen throat - tonsils and epiglottis, ache in my neck, horrible blocked feeling at the back of my nose. The last couple of days Ive been sneezing, watery eyes, earache, dull tummy ache and coughing with a tight chest. Man, Im so sick of this, it sucks!

Its worse when I wake and later on in the day, the funny thing is, I feel like Im starting to get better but then a few hours later the temperature kicks in and Im rough again.

Dont want to take a trip to the doc's because the amount of time you have to wait around to be seen is a guarantee for picking up someone else's damm bug.

*Snivels*

Edit to add - Im trying to ride whatever this is out but in the next few days if it dont shift I may have to see the old quack!

2nd Edit to add - I hope all who feel ill get better soon, best wishes.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67
It's sad, and is reflective of the current times, when the majority of people know things are not the way they should be, or that they are technically slaves, or whatever bugs them about the state they are in.

I have to say I agree. Without getting into detail how it affected me, I offer a suggestion about treating your brother's son- I'm not a doctor but I've heard good things about the antibacterial properties of onions in treating respiratory disorders caused by viruses:

www.ehow.com...

Brilliant use #10.....Sleep soundly-even with a miserable cold.....Coughing and congestion have been keeping you up at night, and you've got that long awaited vacation coming in a week. To feel better fast, chop a fresh onion and place in a clean thin cotton sock. Secure with a twist tie or rubber band and leave on your nightstand overnight. Repeat nightly until your symptoms subside. Inhaling onions' strong antibacterial vapors helps break up mucus while killing infection-causing microbes. You'll be breathing easy in no time!

I saw some ATS-based versions where the onion is split, and put in a pot of boiling water, then its fumes inhaled. I tried it once using a towel as a sweat tent. I didn't have a cold, just tested it out. I felt normal afterwards. I didn't try the method mentioned above (yet). I would have the onion next to my nose just to be sure, myself.

You're fortunate to be able to retain your sight of the world by being able to see the big picture. I saw the big picture thanks to sites like this. It was 1998 after I stumbed on a topic about Operation Cable Splitter and Operation Garden Plot (yikes) while researching concentration camp-related topics in Joy Kogawa's Obasan.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Haven't noticed anything untoward at all. I live in Alberta, Canada and people around here seem to be genuinely healthy.
A little off-topic, is your avatar a behind the scenes picture of Fedor Emilianenko? Jut wondering.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I felt fit and healthy 40 pounds ago. When I'm back in the same weight class, I'll probably feel good again.

Otherwise, I continue to be amazed I'm still alive and feel like this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join